Indoor HD Antenna

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk Indoor HD Antenna

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Texpack
    Participant

Does anyone have any advice or recommendations on an indoor HD Antenna? I’m interested in both installation tips and any brands to buy/avoid. It looks like the ACC Network has added an affiliate in Houston for this season, but DirecTV only carries their SD signal at present. The State game is actually on TV here on Saturday so I’m thinking it might be worth doing since I would then pick up a bunch of the local zz.1 and yy.2 stations as well.

tractor57
    Participant

If you have a close by (less than 20 miles) signal most any cheap indoor antenna will work. If like me you are well away from the signal source it gonna cost a bit more – even to the point of an outdoor antenna. I’m considering one for my attic that is both an outdoor antenna and has a rotor included. The signal controlling that rotor is carried by the HDMI cable to the antenna. In the past I had a large outdoor antenna strapped to the chimney but with a reroof I was loathe to punch another hole through the new roof. That attic mount idea makes sense for my application.

packplantpath
    Participant

I’ve had good luck with the leaf antennae. http://www.gomohu.com

Shipped from capital blvd in raleigh, NCSU graduate and VT grad owned/operated.

I’d get the amplified model. Not the cheapest by any means. But generally unobtrusive, inoffensive design.

If you need bigger for stations 20+ miles away they have an amplified attic model as well, though no personal experience. I own 3 leaf versions and like them. They do work better than bunny ears for me. With the leaf I get channels that bunny ears do not. And they come in fairly reliably, though not 100%. With bunny ears, it is almost no signal unwatchable.

Reportedly amazon sells an unamplified model under the amazonbasics brand for cheaper too that is a Leaf design copy. No personal experience.

Wufpacker
    Participant

It looks like the ACC Network has added an affiliate in Houston for this season, but DirecTV only carries their SD signal at present.

Lemme guess….Me-TV affiliate?

Same thing happened last year in AZ. First coupla games I was just happy to have the game. Then the novelty wore off and the SD reality sunk in, though Tommy Bowden should never be broadcast in HD (or with sound for that matter).

Texpack
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Texpack wrote:</div>
    It looks like the ACC Network has added an affiliate in Houston for this season, but DirecTV only carries their SD signal at present.

Lemme guess….Me-TV affiliate?

Same thing happened last year in AZ. First coupla games I was just happy to have the game. Then the novelty wore off and the SD reality sunk in, though Tommy Bowden should never be broadcast in HD (or with sound for that matter).

Not Me-TV. It’s The KUBE.

Wufpacker
    Participant

That sounds like a hip hop radio station and/or club.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.