inane utterings from the delusionally optimistic

Home Forums StateFans Football inane utterings from the delusionally optimistic

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Greywolf
    Participant

One commentator on another thread posted, “I can’t wait to read the trolling, negative comments that get posted…”

And another, who IMO was attempting to be funny, responded, “As opposed to inane utterings from the delusionally optimistic?” I’ve seen comments like this that were not intended to be humorous.

Well I’m up at 3 AM hoping to read a little, get sleepy and go back to bed. There’s not a lot to say about the upcoming game with PC. responded to the above who were NOT intending to be humorous. Obviously I don’t have a life so I delved into the 2 comments. If you are an optimist, and I am to a fault, you might enjoy this little rant. If not, then be warned if you choose to read any further.

“As opposed to inane utterings from the delusionally optimistic?” is a perfect example of a trolling, negative comment – an inane uttering from a delusional pessimist. 😉 And unless you are a troll, the comment, “I can’t wait to read the trolling, negative comments that get posted…” obviously isn’t directed at you. Never-the-less negative commentators must stick together. The mob mentality prevails.

Optimist is not the opposite of negative. Optimistic is derived from the noun optimist. Negative on the other hand is an adjective. Optimistic would be opposed to pessimistic, not negativism. Negative would be opposed to positive. Of course when your intent is to derogatorily put down another poster, such details hardly matter. Negative, insulting labels are tricks of the trade for trolling, negative commentators.

What seems to be a staple of the trolling and negative commentators is the slandering of anyone or faction that opposes their point of view. Again, using the example above, comments by optimists are ridiculed as inane. Optimists are characterized as delusional.

Is it that in their negative state of being, those folk can’t think of counter arguments but must instead opt for insults attacking those who have opposing points of view? Or perhaps in the indefensible position of trolling with derogatory and negative comments on a pro oriented message board, it’s all they have to offer. Yes, StateFansNation, by definition is pro oriented though I’ll admit that when State falls behind in a game, comments defy definition as pro.

Both the trolling, negative commentators and the simply negative commentators exhibit extreme tendencies to defile the target of their comments. “Putrid” seems to be the current put-down of choice. Our coaches are dumb, high school coaches who are in over their heads and should be fired at the end of their second season if not immediately.

Optimists don’t exhibit those characteristics. In describing a particular attribute glorifying modifiers are rarely if ever used. It seems though that mere optimism is sufficient to invoke the wrath of the negative trolls and the fan who likes to make negative comments.

Interpretations of the negative majority become truths and facts. Giving up yardage is ‘proof’ that the Wolfpack defense is putrid. Failing to connect on 2 or 3 overthrown passes is ‘proof’ that the offense is horrific. And both are factual evidence that the Pack will not win a conference game except for Wake Forest who are even more Putrid than we are. One missed block on a 4th and 1 condemns the Wildcat offense to eternal damnation – hated to the point of distraction.

Going back to bed, now. Hope I can sleep.

TheCOWDOG

“One missed block on a 4th and 1 condemns the Wildcat offense to eternal damnation – hated to the point of distraction”

This is where I insult people’s knowledge. Knowledge,Rick,not intelligence.

That play wasn’t even from the Wildcat formation. Of course, ya couldn’t tell the truly,gifted negative Nancys that.

Ying Yang…all good.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Hey, at least we’re not arguing about whether the basketball staff wearing suits is ‘throwback gangsta chic’ or ‘classic wannabe poser’.

MP
    Participant

From Tomahawk Nation: Florida State -30 at N.C. State: N.C. State should be much improved from a year ago, and this is the week after FSU wraps up the division against Clemson, so there is definitely a chance for a bit of a letdown in terms of covering the spread. 30 seems a bit steep, no?

I’m taking the ‘Pack with the money line! Any takers?

Texpack
    Participant

An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

I am by nature more optimistic than pessimistic, but I have been known to develop a blind spot about certain people and/or subjects that keeps them on my poop list forever.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.