In the air tonight @ Miami

Home Forums All StateFansNation In the air tonight @ Miami

Viewing 25 posts - 376 through 400 (of 448 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

State fouls 20. Miami fouls 10.

Explain that one. Miami is a jump shooting team. In theory we are not. Attacking teams always draw more fouls than jump shooters. I did not see the game but just pointing out an odd stat.

I am add big s ref hater add there is and I just did not see anything that bothered me.

We weren’t particularly “attacking” tonight. And we fouled them intentionally down the stretch, though I’m not certain how many times.

Rick
    Keymaster

People are still complaining about the refs???? Oh my God. Give it a freaking rest. ONE play does not decide a game. Should have won. Got out-coached.

Just stop.

spintk
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>spintk wrote:</div>
    The game was lost with 3:00 left to play when Mark decided that every shot should be a jacked up fade away 19 footer. Mark just isn’t a good coach. Period. Lose to UNC AT HOME, barely beat FSU, and then come out to a 10pt throttling in the second half against Miami.

You are tiresome

I prefer “persistent.”

Instead of critiquing me, care to opine on my position that poor decision making around the 5 min mark hurt us?

Rick
    Keymaster

The game was lost with 3:00 left to play when Mark decided that every shot should be a jacked up fade away 19 footer. Mark just isn’t a good coach. Period. Lose to UNC AT HOME, barely beat FSU, and then come out to a 10pt throttling in the second half against Miami.

You are tiresome

I prefer “persistent.”

Instead of critiquing me, care to opine on my position that poor decision making around the 5 min mark hurt us?

Nope. Just going to start deleting your posts.
    You keep quiet until a loss and then come bashing.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Poor end of game decisions. We took TWO straight 3s when we were down 2 points. Next thing you know, Miami gets free throws, we’re down four. Luckily, Turner bailed us out, but Cat should have released that ball to Lacy or Turner before the Canes fouled us the last time. Maybe there wasn’t enough time, but you gotta play with a sense of urgency. He tends to just hang out at the top of the key. Go TO your shooters.

spintk
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Rick wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>spintk wrote:</div><br>

You are tiresome

I prefer “persistent.”

Nope. Just going to start deleting your posts.<br>
    You keep quiet until a loss and then come bashing.

I post every game. Look at my history.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

get ’em ricky…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

I didn’t think Gott was outcoached. I would’ve liked to have seen either a switch to a zone or to start the press earlier when we fell behind, but the game was lost here imo:

Eight second half turnovers for 11 Miami points off of – changed the game and allowed Miami to dictate play down the stretch.

That’s it … ballgame. Plus we missed shots, really make-able shots.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

We fouled some folks……

wolfpackrich
    Participant

Cat Barber is simply not an ACC caliber PG. His TO’s always come at critical times. Can’t shoot a lick. Doesn’t take care of the ball. Very frustrated with his play this year. Who was the last TRUE PG we had?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

“My position is… IGNORE… “

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Anybody know why Dez Lee did not play tonight ??

Rick
    Keymaster

get ‘em ricky…

I cannot imagine I an only one tired of his trolling

Rick
    Keymaster

Anybody know why Dez Lee did not play tonight ??

He and Caleb

BassPacker
    Participant

Bill, sorry pile on bad results, but the Wolfpack women lost to the UNCheating women in Reynolds tonite. I wanna like Barber but he like rich says, he is one frustrating Cat to watch play.

spintk
    Participant

I’m not trolling.
    Have not cursed.
    Have not flamed

I have a POV on our team and coach. Hell, it’s the Internet. That’s to be expected. Win or lose, I comment.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Who was the last TRUE PG we had?

Lorenzo Brown. Or Tyler Lewis if you’re a fan of undersized spunk. Despite being a defensive liability, he could run our offense.

Wufpacker
    Participant

get ‘em ricky…

No, you’re not.

And spintk…it’s not a discussion when you say the same tthing ad nauseum.

wolfpackrich
    Participant

Engin Atsur I guess!!! Just imagine what this team would be like with a PG who could shoot just a little.

redwolf87
    Participant

We are better than this team. Just didn’t show it. Very frustrating. They are very beatable.

We are getting it together, and at the end of the year, it will be rewarding. But it sucks right now.

Gott is the best coach we’ve had since V. And anybody that doesn’t see that really is delusional.

spintk
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Rick wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bill.onthebeach wrote:</div>
    get ‘em ricky…

No, you’re not.

And spintk…it’s not a discussion when you say the same tthing ad nauseum.

It’s not a message board when your people censor every post. It’s not like I programmed a code to spam Mark Gottfried digs. The FIRST time I heard a counter point on this site about my comment was a threat to delete my posts. Not one to challenge my point. That’s weak.

Wufpacker
    Participant

’87, good to see you my friend.
    I owe you an email. Should get that done later. 🙂

Adventuroo
    Participant

Bill.onthebeach,

Was at the Women’s game tonight. We led for over 33 minutes, but could not close it out. Girls were tired and it showed. UNC by 4, I THINK….but definitely a UNC win.

As to shirts….I sent the WRAL article about how Coach Williams’ outfits are hand picked by Alexander Julian and he has about 5 or 6 for the season. Very good job of marketing ORW. You can’t knock that. I had hoped for a more positive response from the folks that I sent it too. BUT, they do not appear to understand WHY some fans are irritated when we see our coaches dressed in Light BLUE.

That did not defeat us tonight….don’t know what did? We left Reynolds after game it was the Miami half. By the time we got to the car and got the radio on….Miami had done one of them 12 – 2 runs and we were turning the ball over go bad that you would have thought that Tom and Bill had been deflating them.

Watched the last 10 minutes. YES, we came out “asleep” at the beginning and never got our stride. Our run was OK, but not impressive.

Little fatiguing losing BOTH games. Things like not understanding that we are the RED and WHITE from State and the “young sweet talent” on the Coach’s show are NOT going over well in the Champions Club where a lot of heavy duty check writers are getting miffed.

We seem to GET IT….and think that we GOTT IT….but we quickly LOSE IT. ND is gonna be TOUGH…

But if you think WE feel bad…the Rambling Wrecks are being scooped off the court with a dust pan and broom. Ramses (the guy giving Moses the “BUSINESS”) did not suffer like GT did tonight.

Old Mikey may have some competition…..wonder how LONG Tony will stay at UVA….folks gonna bring prestigious names and Swiss Bank Accounts full of $$. Way past booze and broad perks.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Still not a Barber fan, the guy just has too many turnovers, something Gott can’t control unless he sits, Which would be fine with me. On the other hand as Lacey/Turner goes, so does the team, both shot horribly tonight. We can’t win with both of them doing that. As for the State/unc women’s game. Was there had 13 point lead in the first half, and 10 point in the second, winning 33 min of the game. The girls have potential, but got to stop giving games away. And back to the guys, we can beat anyone in the ACC, and will return to our winning ways, Sunday. We will defeat Notre Dame.

Wufpacker
    Participant

You haven’t been censored.
    But you are gonna get blocked if you don’t quit while you’re ahead.

I’m tired of this shit now.

Viewing 25 posts - 376 through 400 (of 448 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.