I Fear Not The House Of Deacon. But Just In Case…

Home Forums All StateFansNation I Fear Not The House Of Deacon. But Just In Case…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 210 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG

There are places in this world that exhude a strange and negative energy…places of my youth, where certain turns in the road or hollows always had a
    [See the full post at: I Fear Not The House Of Deacon. But Just In Case…]

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I jumped in on the point-spread thread too soon. Here’s how the various stats match-up between State and WF:

tractor57
    Participant

Strikes me as two evenly matched teams based on stats. I have not looked at schedules or the like.

TheCOWDOG

In reality, Va’s welcomed take is dead nuts on.
    The journey this team has taken has been too fast to grasp.

Y’all don’t give a s”it, do ya?

Crappy Basketball in November. Are you serious?

rthomas44
    Participant

It’s like not talking about the elephant in the room… I just hope State can come out with a plan and the fire to win. Go Pack!

TheCOWDOG

Nice, Tomato Man…great surmise.

Walking on cornflakes.

BassPacker
    Participant

Forecast is 20-25 mph winds with chance of rain at game time. After seeing how we play under less than chamber of commerce type weather at BC, this game worries me more now. If at Carter, maybe conditions not as much an issue for Finley. Wake running game is way under rated, they proved that with ND. And being Senior night at Wake and them playing for a bigger bowl perhaps than us with a win, this could get ugly quick. It could come down to fg goal kicking, and we know how that will be…. And PLEASE, no wild cat !! Either way, I’ll have plenty of beer and the grill red hot by game time. GO Pack !

Greywolf
    Participant

Senior day didn’t help BC and I doubt it will help WF. More likely a distraction. Likewise playing for a bigger bowl. It’s like golf. The bigger the putt, the less help that is. Focusing on the task at hand is what makes a difference.

They gotta guard us too.

TheCOWDOG

Not to be argumentative, but Weather Underground says high 50s, winds at 11-12mph and 40% chance of rain ~11:00

tractor57
    Participant

I just checked the forecast. Rain probably after midnight but yes high wind. Same forecast as at home (a few miles to the NW). I agree the wildcat used in the amount used the last few games is probably not a good idea.

Fastback68
    Participant

I think J Sam is a mudder. Feed the man.

I’ll be in Neyland, in the rain, surrounded my LSU corn dogs, while the locals spread grumors. Isn’t Canada coaching crawdads? Vols V formation.

I’ve been to the last 4 State/Wake games. This feels like it could be a classic. To the beer garden.

tractor57
    Participant

The high wind is here but I doubt we see any rain during the game.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Senior day didn’t help BC and I doubt it will help WF. More likely a distraction. Likewise playing for a bigger bowl. It’s like golf. The bigger the putt, the less help that is. Focusing on the task at hand is what makes a difference.

I’d love to see some stats to back up this claim. That a team would be more at a disadvantage playing on their senior day sounds nothing short of outrageous to me.

In fact, it really sounds like something you completely fabricated.

TheCOWDOG

^ That’s what Rivers said.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

You’ll find days that teams don’t win on their senior day. I can also point to a few days in October of 2008 when the stock market went up. That doesn’t mean you made money in October of 2008 though.

Greywolf
    Participant

I’d love to see some stats to back up this claim. That a team would be more at a disadvantage playing on their senior day sounds nothing short of outrageous to me.

Whatever

rthomas44
    Participant

A troll is just a troll.

MrPlywood
    Participant

If anyone has a suggestion for online watching, please let me know… My go-to sources seem to have dried up. At least I get Wolfpack radio now…

TheCOWDOG

Should be on ESPN Watch, Ply.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Whatever

And so much whatever that you felt the need to post about it! Any more departure from reality gems you’d like to bestow? How about playing this game on the road is actually to our advantage? Is it akin to bowling close to your house and never being able to bowl that 300?

rthomas44
    Participant

Troll can’t afford her midol.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Line moved all the way to significant WF -3 with 60% public on NC State. Typically does not bode well.

gso packbacker
    Participant

^Why is that Troll? No, I won’t ask for data to support your belief, but just truly curious why you believe that. To me, that is just bookmakers reacting to the betting.

Watching the game from Smith Mountain Lake. No access so an hdmi cord from laptop to tv will save the day. Yay internet!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

^Why is that Troll? No, I won’t ask for data to support your belief, but just truly curious why you believe that. To me, that is just bookmakers reacting to the betting.

It’s called reverse line movement. You can google the term to understand it’s significance.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Let me ask ya something, gso, since I seem to have struck a nerve with you.. do you believe that a team playing on senior day is playing at a disadvantage?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 210 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.