I Absolutely Love a Good NE Chowda

Home Forums All StateFansNation I Absolutely Love a Good NE Chowda

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG

Looks good, doesn’t it? Man, with the change of season…Hmmm. I like Fenway Park, too. I played there once in a Summer league All-Star game. …But y
    [See the full post at: I Absolutely Love a Good NE Chowda]

Greywolf
    Participant

Yeah Mr. DOG,

NW, yes! Manattan, No!

Calling that tomato based Manhattan stuff “Chowder” is like putting ketchup on beef and calling it Barbeque.

I worked for Columbia Record Distributers for 6 months in Kenmore Square — the Fenway Park transit stop. I only saw one game at Fenway but saw a lot of “games” at The Number 3 Lounge across form the commons. It was after my time but one of the Bruins bought it and gave the girls from the Playboy Club down the street free drinks after work. Don’t know how he stayed in business “eating up the profits.”

Knock, knock.
    Who’s there?
    Boston Strangler.
    Hey Alice, it’s for you.

Next day

Knock, knock.
    Who’s there?
    Boston Strangler.
    I’ve already given.

tractor57
    Participant

I’m also a NE chowder fan. Back in the day when I traveled NE I always got my chowda fix. Not much a fan of the Manhattan stuff.

choppack1
    Participant

NE Clam chowder (with hot sauce and those oyster crackers) is muy bueno, Manhattan = western NC bbq.

Thanks for props Cowdog.

I am a big fan of the area. I was actually born in Worcester. Went to my first Red Sox game in Fenway this year and was blown away. Same cannot be said of stadium in Chestnut Hill.

Pack1997
    Participant

I went to a Sox game last year and had a great time. The seats were a little on the small side though.

Greywolf
    Participant

I went to a Sox game last year and had a great time. The seats were a little on the small side though.

The seats in the red zone at C-F have shrunk in the last several years. Either that or my arse is getting bigger.

4in12
    Participant

Never cared much for chowder as a kid but, after marrying a girl from Boston (o.k. Needham), I’ve developed a taste.
    As for Fenway – my father-in-law had season tickets but I never managed to fit in a game.

tractor57
    Participant

Chop I used to visit Worcester often for work. While there I gained my appreciation of chowda.

Tau837
    Participant

NE Clam chowder (with hot sauce and those oyster crackers) is muy bueno, Manhattan = western NC bbq

This. I also love Fenway.

I’ve been twice, both in 2004. The first game was against the Yankees and was the Alex Rodriguez brawl game, in which the Sox hit a walk off homer off Rivera to win in the 9th. In the second later that year, the Sox his a walk off homer to win in the 11th. Delirium.

Go Pack!

4in12
    Participant

CD,
    Thanks for the idea. The Mrs. put together a pot that we enjoyed while watching FSU disappoint.

choppack1
    Participant

Tractor – I was born in that town to 2 native North Carolinians (from brevard). We moved back to NC when I was 3. From those 3 years (and some of their friends) I pull for red Sox, Celtics and bruins. My Dad swears there’s a restaurant there that has (or perhaps now had) the best prime rib in the world.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.