How to Make Orange Juice… Cuse game thread 2-14-18

Home Forums StateFans Basketball How to Make Orange Juice… Cuse game thread 2-14-18

Viewing 22 posts - 176 through 197 (of 197 total)
  • Author
    tractor57
    Participant

Fugly game but a win. Moving forward the Pack has to take care of business. If they do they are probably in but regardless if they don’t …

freshmanin83
    Participant

Why loose to Louisville lets win them all. Take the mo into the tournament.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^I see no reason at all why we ought to be writing the DaVille off two weeks in advance…

We beat ‘Zona…
    We beat Dook…
    We beat the Holes in Chapel Hill…

DaVille is no better or worse than the Noles…
    That game is a 50/50 game as it stands today…

With 5 to play…
    on paper… we have 3 we ‘should’ win… and two toss-ups….

——————
    From here… it appears that the UGLIER it gets, the better our chances…

GO PACK!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    ryebread
    Participant

I’m not writing the Louisville game off. I don’t think they’re that good. They’ve got a high RPI, but who have they actually beaten that is any good? They also got smashed by a poor (by their standards) Kentucky team.

I’m just saying that because we won last night we don’t HAVE to win out to get in. We just can’t flub up with a bad loss. A win over another bubble team in FSU who we’re competing with for the last spot in the tournament is going to help us.

Do those two things and we don’t have to beat Louisville given we beat Syracuse. Lose a lower one, and we may need that game against Louisville.

freshmanin83
    Participant

I am not glad for the fouls but I am glad that the bench came into a tough game and played well. I would imagine that if reproduced it could help especially come tournament time.

freshmanin83
    Participant

I’m not writing the Louisville game off. I don’t think they’re that good. They’ve got a high RPI, but who have they actually beaten that is any good? They also got smashed by a poor (by their standards) Kentucky team.

I’m just saying that because we won last night we don’t HAVE to win out to get in. We just can’t flub up with a bad loss. A win over another bubble team in FSU who we’re competing with for the last spot in the tournament is going to help us.

Do those two things and we don’t have to beat Louisville given we beat Syracuse. Lose a lower one, and we may need that game against Louisville.

Gotcha, that makes sense. I probably would have got that if we were having a face to face conversation or at least I hope so.

MrPlywood
    Participant

State tied in regulation at Chapel Hill and late at Cuse, and they come out with a win both times. I know there’s plenty to work on, but that speaks volumes to me.

ryebread
    Participant

Gotcha, that makes sense. I probably would have got that if we were having a face to face conversation or at least I hope so.

No worries. I didn’t explain it well.

Texpack
    Participant

We have played consistently enough at home that I wouldn’t write off any of the home games. Our road efforts have been uneven. A win at WFU on Saturday would give us a little breathing room. That’s the only game I’m concerned about right now.

ryebread
    Participant

State tied in regulation at Chapel Hill and late at Cuse, and they come out with a win both times. I know there’s plenty to work on, but that speaks volumes to me.

Yep, and we’re doing it without some lights out shooter or great FT shooter that can just ice a game away. We’re doing it as a function of a team effort.

I tend to think our conditioning pays off in the last 4-5 minutes of the game. Our guys last night were really deep into their defensive stances even late in the game. Syracuse (admittedly with only 6 players) looked gassed. Last year half our team looked like they might have a heart attack late in the games.

GoldenChain
    Participant

Well Tex, we’ve won a lot more on the road this year in the league than any I can remember recently and that’s with a rag-tag group of grad transfers etc. But to your point, we don’t want to freak-up in Winston.

ryebread
    Participant

We have to take care of business against Wake, BC and GT. Do that and we make 10 ACC wins. That alone MIGHT get us in depending on the ACC tournament and the rest of the bubble teams.

The ACC isn’t going to carry teams in the same way it has in the past, or carry us to multiple #1 seeds. We’re not the #1 RPI conference.

Texpack
    Participant

Well Tex, we’ve won a lot more on the road this year in the league than any I can remember recently and that’s with a rag-tag group of grad transfers etc. But to your point, we don’t want to freak-up in Winston.

You are correct about the W’s. The first half performance against Pitt haunts me because we would have lost that game to anybody else besides Pitt. I have that one as a W* in my mind.

Texpack
    Participant

Yep, and we’re doing it without some lights out shooter or great FT shooter that can just ice a game away. We’re doing it as a function of a team effort.

Markell made a cold blooded three in both of those games at crunch time even though he’s not Scott Wood or Ralston Turner from beyond the arc. He has some swagger

44rules
    Participant

Tex, I think Markell is about 43 percent from 3. That’s not quite Wood and BSW, but it’s close.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

pakfanistan
    Participant

Tex, I think Markell is about 43 percent from 3. That’s not quite Wood and BSW, but it’s close.

It’s higher that BSW ever shot, and Wood only shot a higher percentage his senior year at 44%.

Granted, both of those guys shot a LOT more 3s than Markell has.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I really hope Coach Keatts finds a way to keep the Team from reading this…
    wral.com reporting tonight…

POP!!!

Tau837
    Participant

We have to take care of business against Wake, BC and GT. Do that and we make 10 ACC wins. That alone MIGHT get us in depending on the ACC tournament and the rest of the bubble teams.

realtimerpi.com shows us at #60 as of today. It projects our final 5 regular season games as follows:

02-17	  at	 Wake Forest 	 10-16 (3-11)	124	 79-80 L
    02-20	  	 Boston Coll. 	 16-10 (6-7)	79	 83-75 W
    02-25	  	 Florida St. 	 18-8 (7-7)	37	 83-77 W
    03-01	  at	 Georgia Tech 	 11-15 (4-9)	157	 79-80 L
    03-03	  	 Louisville 	 18-8 (8-5)	40	 78-71 W

Based on that, it projects us at 20-11 (10-8) at the end of the regular season with #64 RPI. Not good. And, per these rankings, we do not have another chance at a quadrant 1 win over the remaining 5 regular season games.

I think we have a great chance to win all of these games, though I would be surprised to see a 5-0 sweep. But this seems to show that beating Wake, BC, and GT is definitely not enough to get State in.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^sorry… but they need to fire their math guy…

There’s NFW we lose to the Deacs and GT…

POP!!!

Fastback68
    Participant

Five days of drinking bourbon at the shore so somebody has to voodoo hex the deacs. Much appreciation in advance.

Fastback68
    Participant

Couldn’t find the restaurant thread. Whoever said the Seafood Hut was under new ownership and lower food quality was dead on.

freshmanin83
    Participant

I really hope Coach Keatts finds a way to keep the Team from reading this…
    wral.com reporting tonight…

POP!!!

One thing the article did not mention was that the hardest part of the schedule is over.

Viewing 22 posts - 176 through 197 (of 197 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.