How SWEET it is!!!

Home Forums All StateFansNation How SWEET it is!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 126 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

You men the one where arciwhatever pushed off twice?

Speaking of push off, I encourage everyone to take another look at the Nova possession after the Lacey turnover. Nova got the ball down 2 and wanted to get the ball to the hot guy – Hilliard. Lee was on Hilliard.

Hilliard had to work hard to get the ball, and then when he did get it Lee gave him absolutely no space no matter what Hilliard tried – including a push off. It was phenomenal footwork and defensive pressure. They did get an open look out of Ennis, but it wasn’t their first option – Hilliard. If Hilliard does get loose there we may all be singing a different tune today.

That was an absolute clutch and outstanding defensive sequence from Dez Lee that helped to save the game.

Tau837
    Participant

Speaking of Freeman, State is 16-4 with him in the starting lineup this season, and 6-9 with him out of the starting lineup. Extending to include last season, State is 24-7 with Freeman in the starting lineup and 20-20 with him out of the starting lineup.

It will be interesting to see Gott’s lineup decision next season if Anya has a good offseason and sheds more weight. It will be hard for him to leave any one of Abu, Anya, or Freeman out. Good problem to have.

JeremyH
    Participant

It will be interesting to see Gott’s lineup decision next season if Anya has a good offseason and sheds more weight.

I recall an announcer saying Anya gained some of the weight back, but it helps him be more immovable inside. Interesting remarks.

It will be hard for him to leave any one of Abu, Anya, or Freeman out. Good problem to have.

Great problem to have. Remember when we were cooked when Richard Howell picked up early fouls? With this gaggle they can play aggressively on defense and also stay fresh. Tweak minutes based on match-ups, hot-hand, etc.

xphoenix87

It’s amazing that Freeman is still the youngest player on the team as a sophomore, and yet he’s probably the team’s smartest defender.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Speaking of push off, I encourage everyone to take another look at the Nova possession after the Lacey turnover.

Do I have to? That errant pass made my heart skip a beat.

Tau837
    Participant

I recall an announcer saying Anya gained some of the weight back, but it helps him be more immovable inside.

I recall that also. But I also saw Gott’s remarks about Anya after he had a good game recently. Gott said if he works hard enough this offseason, he can be one of the best players in the country. Remembering how Howell, Warren, and Vandenburg transformed their bodies under this coaching staff, I am expecting them to push Anya to take the weight back off.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

We’re talking about ANYA… right…

that’s the kid that when he was skinny made five fouls in seven minutes early in the season and who once he gained 15-20 could go 25-30 minutes every game and not foul out….

Hmmm… I’m thinking most of the work ANYA needs to do is mental and technique…
    The strength and conditioning thing will work itself out as his body matures into full manhood… and fat converts to muscle…

Besides … ANYA only needs 10 blocked shots to reach 100 this season… which by any standard is incredible….

If he’s doing that… it doesn’t bother me that he not the first guy back down the court everytime..

fwiw… I always thought Charles Barkley was fat…

There’s something to the idea that having “MASS” counts when pushing the other guy around the paint…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BJD95
    Keymaster

F=ma, bitches!!!

MrPlywood
    Participant

F=ma, bitches!!!

Visualized…

pakfanistan
    Participant

I have a hard time believing Anya doesn’t have a higher ceiling at 270 than he does at 300.

He still has to rest on offense quite a bit.

xphoenix87

Yeah, it’s definitely better for Anya to continue to lose the baby fat and play at a lighter weight. It’s not just being able to play longer, it’s being able to play more explosively on offense and being able to contain pick and rolls better on defense. It’s one thing if you’re adding pounds of muscle, but Beejay doesn’t exactly have a toned physique. The difference between Beejay being 270 and 300 isn’t that he’s more immovable, it’s that he’s more immobile.

Viewing 11 posts - 126 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.