How SWEET it is!!!

Home Forums All StateFansNation How SWEET it is!!!

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

There is a ton to love about this kid as a State fan

Mike
    Participant

SWEET! I stayed away during the last 2 games, because when I am here during the games it seems we do worse. I do not believe in superstition but why mess with something that works. I wore the same shirt last night also that I did Thursday.

Great game, great effort, and props to a team that never gave up. They fought, they built the lead, and they held on. Only once was I even concerned and that was when Hilliard hit the 2nd NBA deep 3 late – the looks on our guys faces were down and shoulders slumped. Went to a TO and they came out ready to go, even in spite of the turnover from Lacey.

Gott has done a fantastic job with this team. I dont think he is done yet as even when the season ends, there is more work to be done to continue molding this group together. But here is what I want to say and you can say what you will about Gott – ONLY 3 coaches in ACC history have taken their teams to NCAA in each of their first 4 years, and Gott is one of the 3. In the 20 years before Gott, we had been to the NCAA 5 times, yes only 5 times out of 20. We are now 4-4 with Gott.

redcanine
    Participant

Hell Yeah!

JohnGalt78
    Participant

Damn, and we’re just a speed bump. Not bad. And what the fukks wrong with Barak Obama?

TheCOWDOG

Sometimes ya feel like a nut…sometimes ya don’t

Almond Joy and a box of chocolates displayed huge cajones to nobody’s chagrin. ‘Cept Nova fan, of course. (A few baiters, as well.)

Sheer bench work by the staff cannot be understated.(Yet will.)

Outside in on both sides of the floor was the gameplan, and those guys executed it very well.

MP
    Participant

Good ol’ Sunday morning to all Wolfpackers! Let’s sit back and watch some b-ball!

Sweet jumper
    Participant

So proud of this team for the effort, the attitude and the love. They have come together and stepped up as team at the right time.
    Cannot give enough props to Des Lee for his contributions in the last two games. He is a senior who does not want this journey to end. His two timeout calls while he was being tied up in the first half were huge because they kept the possesion arrow with us. This allowed us to keep the ball after Beejay’s monster block\tie up at the end of the first half which of course allowed Lacey the opportunity for the huge three at the first half buzzer. Great, smart senior plays by Des.
    Keep it up boys and help Ralston get on a hot streak and the glass slipper will still fit! Channel V and the ’83 Pack and bring home another trophy.

doug
    Participant

Mike, It seems like we think the same. Congrats PACK!

4in12
    Participant

My wife and I are good friends with a couple that are both Duke grads. We watched basketball at their house for about six hours yesterday, including our game. It was pretty cool to hear him using second person plural pronouns to talk about State!

Everyone on the team was great yesterday but my shout out goes to Freeman. He doesn’t get a lot of recognition but he was SOLID yesterday.

Rick
    Keymaster

What an insane game.
    Etching the high light video I remember how many clutch plays by so many different players.
    Got had fine a great job turning this team round from that slump in January.
    We have very winnable games coming. This is fun and exiting

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Everyone on the team was great yesterday but my shout out goes to Freeman. He doesn’t get a lot of recognition but he was SOLID yesterday.

There can never be enough good things said about Lennard. My kinda player.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

tell it Cat!

Sweet jumper
    Participant

I have always liked Lenard. He is a blue collar guy who defends and rebounds well and does not have to score to be happy. He gets most of his points from offensive rebounds. He has been very consistent for us since returning to the rotation and starting lineup. He can be the 8 point 8 rebound guy that every good team has to have–Tim Stoddard and Phil Spence in ’74 and Lorenzo Charles in ’83. Glad to see him getting some props. He and Abu make a nice combination and the four big man rotation of Freeman, Abu, Anya and Washington has become solid. Go Pack!!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

tell it Cat!

Fun Police out in full force over this. JOKING AROUND IS EVIL.

Grrrrrrr 😡

pakfanistan
    Participant

Grrrrrrr :x

Literally the only thing I’ve seen said about it are State fans complaining about people complaining about it.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Literally the only thing I’ve seen said about it are State fans complaining about people complaining about it.

Haha fair point … I saw some stuff on his twitter feed, and that it was trending on the mainstream sports sites … which I thought was stupid and unfortunate. But oh wells.

Was wondering where you were … was hoping I hadn’t run you off along with many others haha

freshmanin83
    Participant

What is encouraging to me is that I don’t think the Pack has played as well as they can. They played ok in the first game and good in the 2nd, but not their best yet.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Was wondering where you were … was hoping I hadn’t run you off along with many others haha

Nah, my schedule has changed suddenly, and significantly so I haven’t had the time to comment. I’ve been checking out what you guys have had to say when I get a chance though.

And, I’m not saying there aren’t people worked into a lather over it, but people get worked up about all kinds of stupid stuff. It’s so expected it doesn’t even register with me anymore.

Texpack
    Participant

Grrrrrrr :x

The headline for the Chron.com article about the remark says NC State Player Makes Obscene Remark About Obama’s Bracket

pakfanistan
    Participant

The headline for the Chron.com article about the remark says NC State Player Makes Obscene Remark About Obama’s Bracket

Technically true. What does the article say?

Rick
    Keymaster

Technically true. What does the article say?

It reminds me of the old N&O joke that eggs with State fan kills family pet’

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Lennard Freeman

“I was like, ‘Who is C.J. Leslie? Why aren’t they talking about Rich?'” Freeman said with a laugh. “Rich is my idol.”

Well worth the read if you haven’t already seen it.

Rick
    Keymaster

Great story on frenchie. He is an important part of this team. And having someone ego is willing to do those things while not getting the glory is so dang important.

If he could just build a little on his offense. Be able to hit that ten fit jumper from the corner of the free throw lane he could be really tough.

xphoenix87

From the post I tried to make last night that wouldn’t go through:

Game ball to Lennard Freeman. It’s not just the rebounds (which there were 12 of), or the great finishing (he’s unrecognizable from the guy who was terrified to even shoot open layups early in the season), or being the only big to stay out of foul trouble. He was continually switching onto Nova’s guards, and almost without fail he stayed with them step for step. There was a sequence in the second half where he had to D up Arcidiacono (the Big East co-PoY), and the only thing he gave up was that ridiculous reverse layup Arcidiacono hit. He was awesome.

Rick
    Keymaster

the only thing he gave up was that ridiculous reverse layup Arcidiacono hit

You men the one where arciwhatever pushed off twice?

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 136 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.