How SWEET it is!!!

Home Forums All StateFansNation How SWEET it is!!!

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

I LOVE Cat’s Obama comment.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

If you missed the post-game press conferences, here’s a link to the audio.

ancsu87
    Participant

+ 1 to Cat’s Obama quote.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

ACC now 9-0 w/ 3 teams in the Sweet 16. Wow.

mak4dpak
    Participant

and Tyler Lewis changes dance partners (Butler), and he gets to go back home. No Sweet 16!

96Fan
    Participant

Man, I’m so proud of my Pack! I know we can be an elite 8 team, just keep up the hustle and the drive! Go Pack!!!!!

choppack1
    Participant

Wow. ACC 3-3 today.

And how bout gott – 4 years 2 sweet 16s. As others have said – hopefully this will help recruiting. But more than his coaching, I like the kids he’s bringing in.

MrPlywood
    Participant

ESPN’s homepage is all ACC now. Much as I hate the Holes…

xphoenix87

I had a long post about how awesome each and every one of our players was this game, but the comment system keeps eating it. Suffice it to say, everyone was amazing and I love, love, love watching this team.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

There are always some compelling story lines in the NCAA tournament.

I just saw where Mike Brey commented in the postgame presser that he lost his mother to a heart attack yesterday morning (day of the game). Man that’s rough.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I had a long post about how awesome each and every one of our players was this game, but the comment system keeps eating it. Suffice it to say, everyone was amazing and I love, love, love watching this team.

I don’t see it in the filter (I’ll double check).

If you want feel free to e-mail me @ wufpack76 @ hotmail .com and I’ll gladly post it for you … if you like, of course.

JohnGalt78
    Participant

Two things…

This team reminds me of our guys in 1983. They love each other. The whole team, they love each other. You can tell….RT and (I apologize) a scout team bench warmer walking to the locker room after we just dispatched ‘Nova, arms draped over one another the whole walk. The hugs and embraces, the emotion for one another…just awesome! But new to us of late. Now….we are PACK!

Secondly, whoever we play, pity the fool that must devise the game plan. We have so many weapons…and are, to my delight, so freakin unpredictable. Offense can come from anywhere…as can defense. We are a PERFECT STORM to upset ANYBODY!

JeremyH
    Participant

Tyler Lewis looked quite dapper in his navy polo shirt…good luck to him.

Feel bad for Georgia State, what a great, father-son story that was.

Report for UNC Kennedy Meeks sprained left knee, that’s too bad.

JeremyH
    Participant

Looking at the remaining games in this weekend, there are a lot of quality teams that will be going home after tomorrow…

MrPlywood
    Participant

^^JohnGalt, excellent post. I’m also struck by how the last two games were won with 4 key points by Anya and Turner, the only points they scored, and in critical times. BJ with a great follow and a do or die shot – RTO with 4 free throws. Free throws mind you, the last two of which provided the 3 point cushion at the end and made the last Villanova play bearable to watch. Both guys kept their heads in the game, big props to both of them.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Just in case, for those without DVR, etc …

Game replay

wufpup76
    Keymaster

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Texpack
    Participant

Almost 4 inches of rain at the house yesterday but it was one of the brightest days around here in a long while. Desmond Lee. To ride the bench for all those minutes and then turn in a stellar performance like that at such a critical moment speaks volumes about the way these kids care about the team more than they do themselves.

We are through to the Sweet 16 and we haven’t gotten jack out of BSW offensively so far. Hopefully that young man will get hot next weekend because I have a feeling we will need to ride his hot hand at some point.

I’m going to enjoy this for the week. I just wish we were headed to Houston instead of Syracuse but I’ll take it either way. Great win. We’re not done yet.

redisgood
    Participant

I started out the season over-estimating these guys, and now I’m under-estimating them. For me that speaks volumes about the job Gott has done. When I look back and see all the different lineups he’s tried, finally finding one that works, the development of guys like Abu, Cat, and Freeman, the game strategy and in-game adjustment he’s made, just fantastic.

24 boards and 24 points combined for Abu and Freeman. I’d say not only is the future very bright, the present is pretty damn shiny as well.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Not to take ANYTHING away from our Kids, nor to diminish their all around excellent effort against NOVA…

Consider this…

1. There’s no comparison to the Coaching required to get this group to the S16 compared to that Team a couple of seasons back…
    Remember those who labeled this team as dysfunctional back in December and early January were half right… The part where they were wrong was on the question of whether or not they would ever be a “good team”.

2. Coachs ain’t nothing but grown up players and they learn as they go. More importantly, they have to go thru some sh%t to become better coaches… just like players… You can’t win in the Dome if you haven’t lost in the Dome…

Now here’s what I’m seeing from down here at the beach…

Absolute Total Confidence during the game…
    from GOTT, Lutz, et al…

Lightning quick, on the money, bench calls with no hesitation in high pressure games against other Coaches ( equal or better )…

Last night…

Both teams start the game more or less “ready to play”… Nobody came out too high or too flat…

Wright calls a early TO just ahead of the Under 12 media TO… thus showing his dissatisfaction even though he was only down 1 basket…

After the two TOs…
    Around the ten minute mark of the first half… Wright was still not satisfied with his team and made his first big move…
    He went small…

Freeman and Abu had already established themselves as “game forces”… and Lacey had hit three baskets… no yips tonight…
    See this … GOTT, head back and smiling on the other bench, did not hesitate to immediately go small… thus negating Wright’s Big Move…

The result was that the PACK extended their lead.. leaving Wright hanging out down on the other bench with “nothing”…

From that point forward… Nova was in the hole … and was thinking more about us than they were thinking about themselves..

Except for those 30ft bombs by Hillard the last 3-4 minutes… this could have been a double digit win by the PACK…

Next move by GOTT… With some potential foul trouble looming… every substitution for short minutes was timed perfectly with the ‘right’ guy coming off the bench.. Nine deep and nobody fouled out… all our best free throws on the floor the last four… which is exactly what you GOTT to get right in the Tournament with unknown zebras from foreign countries..

Total Trust between Coaches and Players…

Damn … you GOTT to love that….

I never saw a GOTT team at Bama play…
    but there’s no doubt in my mind that this Team has pushed his Coaching to the next level… where it should remain for a long time…

I just hope some big name basketball school AD doesn’t offer his a zillion dollars to jump the ship…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    jjwolfie
    Participant

A few random thoughts moving forward:
    1 – There are few more effective things in the game of basketball than guards who have both the ability to penetrate and great court vision. I’ve annoyed my friends for a long time now with the mantra that Cat’s aggressiveness and ability to make smart decisions is a component that gives us a unique edge. Defenses (both man to man and zone) break down with penetration. 3 point shooters find open looks & the offensive glass opens up. There’s a reason coach has been trying to help Cat become the version we’re seeing more of these days.
    2 – Re: point # 1, I’d love to see us exploit this even more – especially when teams press us. There are multiple times in the game when Cat will leave two opponents behind in the backcourt – only to pull up and look to Gott to figure out what play to run. The time is going to come, and I think we’re slowly watching it unfold, when Cat truly understands not just how good he is but how much he can dominate a game on both ends of the court.
    3 – Abu can’t get enough minutes at this stage for me. I join the masses in giving props to KW for his readiness, attitude and big minutes the last couple of games. Props to Anya’s big defensive presence inside and last minute heroics. Props to Freeman’s steadiness and effort. But Abu is now showing us the initial stages of something special. His motor, athletic ability and soft touch have been showcased this tournament and it is clear that this young man’s confidence is very high. I’ve complained a good deal in the past about the coaching staff’s ability to really get the most out of players and unlock their inner monster. The Abu today looks nothing like the timid Freshman we saw at the beginning of the year.

mak4dpak
    Participant

It is Sunday, and it is not a dream! Sweet 16! Go Pack!

Wulfpack
    Participant

Agreed. Abu is an absolute monster. Can you imagine what he is going to be with some fine tuning?

Since74
    Participant

So proud of these guys. They’ve come such a long way. Remember when Cat had pigtails? Or when Abu and Freeman were the headband twins?

I’m really enjoying this.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 136 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.