Hofstra game thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Hofstra game thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

I don’t see another thread dedicate to tonight’s game vs. Hofstra …

A solid OOC test early from the mid-major Pride.

TV: Espn3

Please share your thoughts.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I’ve listened to the games, but this is the first time I’ve been able to see Lacey and Barber on the floor at the same time.

Based on what I’ve seen so far, those two are going to be deadly.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Wish you got a chance to see at least the first half of the Jackson St. game. Barber + Lacey were lights out and working beautifully together.

Pack solid early – emphasis on getting the ball inside, aggressive in transition. Also controlling boards and turnovers early. Missed 2 free throws already though, shrug.

It’s 19-5 Pack as I type this … my espn3 feed is probaably 3 minutes behind though.

pakfanistan
    Participant

21-11 at the first media timeout.

We’ve turned them over 6 times.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Hofstra goes to a zone to try and slow down the Pack.

Two bad possessions against it so far – poor one-on-one jumpshot and a turnover.

21-11 Pack, Hofstra ball coming back from the under 12:00 timeout.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I swear nobody gets called for carrying except us.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

We are going to block a metric sh*t-ton of shots this season. Also gonna commit a lot of fouls.

Fastback68
    Participant

Have not seen state on TV yet. But it sure as hell sounds like we get back on defense with all our fast break blocks.

pakfanistan
    Participant

We are going to block a metric sh*t-ton of shots this season. Also gonna commit a lot of fouls.

Hah, I was just thinking it’s a good thing we can go 10 deep, because if we foul at this rate, we’re going to need all of them.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Fortunate to up 10 as I type this, Hofstra has been sloppy on offense – though some of that is to our credit.

1-3-1 zone has bothered us … Ca. Martin rushed a couple of shots that could have helped bust it.

And I just lost the feed 🙁

pakfanistan
    Participant

1-3-1 zone has bothered us … Ca. Martin rushed a couple of shots that could have helped bust it.

I saw we got it figured out for a moment, and attacked from the corner with Turner. Which, thank god, because it’s the first sign I’ve seen that we’re learning to deal with a zone, in like 8 years.

pakfanistan
    Participant

One thing’s for sure, you better not give Barber a straight line to the rim, ever.

Fastback68
    Participant

So much for getting back. I jinxed us.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Already at the 13 pt spread for this game.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

So much for getting back. I jinxed us.

^For as much as Martin and Turner can give us on offense, it’s going to be give and take at times on D (esp. transition D). Martin has shown some potential on the defensive end though.

Also, as Pakstan pointed out – huge coast-to-coast take by Barber a moment ago. Stuff like that helps snap the team out of funks. Barber is so huge for us this season (yes, I am Captain Obvious!).

Fastback68
    Participant

Spread went from 15.5 down to 13.0? Troll, u gonna start ODU and USF cake threads?

pakfanistan
    Participant

^For as much as Martin and Turner can give us on offense, it’s going to be give and take at times on D (esp. transition D). Martin has shown some potential on the defensive end though.

Also, as Pakstan pointed out – huge coast-to-coast take by Barber a moment ago. Stuff like that helps snap the team out of funks. Barber is so huge for us this season (yes, I am Captain Obvious!).

Martin looks to be worlds better than Turner on D. And Cat’s done the, ‘length of the court, straight to the rim’ at least three times so far.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

.. ok… nothing to complain about…
    but I might be starting to see a little ‘pattern’ here…

Our Bigs appear from here to be letting the outside guys (Dog and Cat, mostly ) do the heavy lifting on offense..
    and are concentrating on Defense…

If I’m coaching… I would ‘challenge’ some one to do more in the second half… inside on the offensive end…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

As for having to sit through the same Espn3 commercials over and over, I’m glad at least I get to see the AT&T girl every break. I could do without the hipsters debating The Wolverine vs. X-Men origins though 🙂

Fastback68
    Participant

I’ve been stuck in radio land for Queens and the first 2 games. It just sounds like multiple players are getting back and making blocks. Sounds like Gott hammered Caleb for not getting back a few minutes ago. DEFENSE!!!!

pakfanistan
    Participant

For the guys who have internet but not espn3,

Have an antivirus program and a popup blocker and try this….
    http://www.wiz1.net/channel10

wufpup76
    Keymaster

.. ok… nothing to complain about…<br>
    but I might be starting to see a little ‘pattern’ here…

Our Bigs appear from here to be letting the outside guys (Dog and Cat, mostly ) do the heavy lifting on offense..<br>
    and are concentrating on Defense…

If I’m coaching… I would ‘challenge’ some one to do more in the second half… inside on the offensive end…

^That’s been the M.O. through a game and a half. We did look to establish inside early tonight … helter skelter has definitely favored us in these two games so far though. I too would like to see the post established more, as we’ll encounter more teams apt to keep us in a half court game later in the season.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Sounds like Gott hammered Caleb…

Yep… He might get back in mid-second half…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Texpack
    Participant

Double head bands in the game

pakfanistan
    Participant

We had a little yakkity sax moment right there.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.