High Noon Start Times for Football

Home Forums StateFans Football High Noon Start Times for Football

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    BassPacker
    Participant

Can someone explain why Pack kickoff times this season have almost all been high noon or 12:30? Is this a preferred start time by NC State, ACC or TV? Next two games, including the Black Friday against the Cheats, is noon and 12:30 kickoff. Personally I hate them as hard to make noon games. Just seems we have had more than our share this season, any pros or cons as why so many high noon starts?

44rules
    Participant

No inside knowledge, but I’m guessing it’s because we’re not a top-tier team and don’t bring in the primetime TV ratings that other teams do. Therefore, TV dictates that we play earlier in the day.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

choppack1
    Participant

It is a reflection of our mediocrity and also the dual abc games (one @ 1230 the other 330).

There have been some decent 1230 games this year – fsu-louisville comes to mind.

I think that the 1230 game may be driving some of this. Not sure but perhaps there was a better time slot before the advent of this.

While I prefer 330 or later, I know how to tailgate for a 1230 game..and it leaves you with the opportunity to enjoy the 8pm game and be ready for church next morning.

Adventuroo
    Participant

I could quip that it is the MSM & ESPN (run by a UNC Grad) punishing us for being RED and that the BLUE schools get better time slots….

But probably based on ratings and we don’t rate that high….The FSU game was driven by their prestige….not our W/L record..

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

It’s because we suck.

gso packbacker
    Participant

Is a 12:30 game with national exposure better for us than a 3:30 game without? I’d say more exposure is better for the program, whatever that means these days.

Also, as Chop said, I know how to tailgate. Lining up a well-stocked bloody mary bar, breakfast burritos and hash browns fresh off the grill, and whatever else I can muster up.

Perhaps the ACC saw how our fans were taking the results this season and decided to save our collective livers by cutting down on our consumption time. No worries, I’ve outsmarted them. πŸ™‚

Texpack
    Participant

Here in the Central Time Zone it’s 11 am kickoffs. Making the 20 mile trek to the Third Ward is bad enough. I can’t imagine people that travel 3 hours each way.

McCallum
    Participant

It’s because we suck.

Your daddy must have been a pistol because you are a son of a gun.

McCallum

Greywolf
    Participant

Before cable TV most east coast games started at 1:00 PM. Just another example of roughing it in the good ole days.

I don’t know how we managed it. This new crop of old timers has no idea what we went through to be a Pack fan. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.