Here's MY #STATEMENT — We NEED WINS, not #Statements

Home Forums All StateFansNation Here's MY #STATEMENT — We NEED WINS, not #Statements

Tagged: 

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Yep….

details here… if you’ve GOTT nothing else to do….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    redcanine
    Participant

#statement/doesntgetanyonepumpedup.edu_too.many.monikers.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I agree in that the FANS don’t need any kind of “statement”, nor will we need the laughter if our statement turns out to be another O’fer or close to it. The kids, on the other hand, I DO think need something to rally behind, but no reason to make it public. Keep all that stuff internal.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

So tell me again….exactly what is the difference between …

“This is Our State”
    and
    (This is our ) #STATEMENT ???

I’m thinking next year this time… we’ll ALL know the answer is NONE!

In the meantime, maybe… Troll is on to it…. and the kids will have some fun anyway…

TheCOWDOG

That is an Olympic sport recruiting tool.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I don’t think it’s an overSTATEment to say that we’ve had a recent predilection for underSTATEment on the field. But with luck we won’t be devaSTATEd by this year’s athletic offerings, and we can reSTATE our rightful place and not get kicked in the proSTATE by our competition, especially those apoSTATEs from Chapel Hill.

In football specifically, hopefully a reinSTATEd Shadrach can help by bolstering a running game, which would go a long way toward helping Jacoby Brissett to remain STATEly. For his sake, I hope he’s teSTATE, just in case the offensive line cannot adequately protect him.

Hopefully he won’t get fed up and hit the interSTATE, and a season of relative success will geSTATE.

OK, I’m done.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^a deftly crafted restatement of the obvious… sir…

tjfoose1
    Participant

And now we now know the next dumb idea to come our of our marketing/PR dept. Bush league amateurs, we are.

But at least we’re trending up, or at least not trending down at the same rate. This ain’t as bad and the field logo debacle or the stolen “Our State” campaign.

pakfanistan
    Participant

As marketing experts, what would we recommend the university do to promote itself?

We love “State” on the front of the jerseys, but hate it when we incorporate it into marketing. I just can’t follow that reasoning.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

As marketing experts, what would we recommend the university do to promote itself?

Win.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Win.

I’m all for it. What are we going to do in the interim?

Wufpacker
    Participant

What are we going to do in the interim?

Bitch and whine. This is who we are.

Personally, I don’t mind ‘#Statement’, but rather find it humorously ironic that they feel the need to over-explain its simplicity.
    http://www.gopack.com/genrel/080814aac.html
    http://www.gopack.com/ot/ncst-statement-14.html

Kinda like the ACC and its multiple releases, one of which was 63 pages, to explain its changing from an old boring logo to a new boring logo.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Bitch and whine. This is who we are.

I know and it’s driving me crazy. I associate NC State with undying optimism, heart, tenacity, and embracing the underdog role.

Instead what we’ve become is a Dilbert comic. It’s why I hate the term NC State sh!t. It’s the implicit acceptance that we’re just cursed, and I find it defeatist at best.

I guess what they say is true. Winning cures all.

MrPlywood
    Participant

It’s why I hate the term NC State sh!t.

Me three.

TheCOWDOG

Never used it…

MrPlywood
    Participant

Just to show that State is not the only school that makes poor marketing decisions, the FSU athletic department set up an Ask Jameis hashtag on their Twitter account. Haha, you can imagine the kinds of questions that came in…

One post read: “Do you know that you have to Buy One to get One Free at Publix [Super Markets]?”

Another read: “Who gave you better protection last year — your offensive line or the TPD?”

TPD is shorthand for the Tallahassee Police Department.

“This was doomed from the beginning,” said Robert Stewart, director of the Ohio University school of journalism. “It’s basically a setup. Whoever thought this was a good idea had not done PR 101, which is to think about what all could go wrong. Everything about this was naive.”

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11339642/jameis-winston-twitter-campaign-backfires-florida-state-seminoles

redcanine
    Participant

How many synonyms of the word “blunder” can we think of? “NCStatesh!t” would definitely make my list. It’s the only slur one can make without getting sued.

Rick
    Keymaster

It’s why I hate the term NC State sh!t.

Me three.

I as well. IMO it paints us in a bad light.

BTW we could change it to ACC ref s***. Just sayin’

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Hey Ricky-Old-Buddy…

Where you been all summer… ???

Rick
    Keymaster

Hey Ricky-Old-Buddy…

Where you been all summer… ???

My few jaunts over here seemed to upset the masses. I will be back in full “ref hatin'” force come basketball season 😉

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Now this is a #STATEMENT….

More schools are mixing beer, football at stadiums…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.