HERE CHICKY CHICKY !!! Gameday !!!

Home Forums StateFans Football HERE CHICKY CHICKY !!! Gameday !!!

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 225 total)
  • Author
    tractor57
    Participant

Same old moaning here. If you are so sure time for a change get off the wallet and offer to buy out the contract. It is easy to forget how bloody awful the last teams under TOB were. I see a base being built, possibly time to have the “savior” coach but to get there first one has to be identified, convinced to come to Raleigh and be paid. Until then we have what we have. Minus 3 or 4 serious mistakes (one which could well have been a staff call – the opening kick) we were right there. Good enough? No. But I also remember being in SC in the ’81 era and hearing the same crap from the chickens. Today they have cycled through being one of the top to back to a second tier. We can step up, probably should step up but until you beat the man you will never be the man. Hopefully we are on the right road. If not someone will have to pay – a lot.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Where is greywolf? Can’t believe he’s not popped in to tell us to worry not, as the team retains a strength and conditioning coach on staff and that Dave is building a “culture” (despite no evidence that this team even has an identity).

TheCOWDOG

AT….

Watching the game a second time with lots of rewinds to see missed blocks and tackles. Much worse than watching it the first time. Did the O-line block anybody during the game? They were terrible in the first half and totally ran out of gas in the second half to make it even worse. Amazing job our quarterback, runners, and receivers did considering it was them against two or three white jerseys that had barely been touched before getting to them.

Our vaunted defensive line? Did they stay in Raleigh? They did not show up the entire game and should have been riding the bench early in the game while being read the riot act by their coaches. Doeren asked the team at halftime; is this our best? He should have been asking himself; are these our best players? I have to believe that somebody on the team just wants a chance to show what they can do. I say give it to them. NOW, not next year.

TheCOWDOG

Let’s get one thing straight. The O- line was missing pieces, and it showed at critical times.

Missed tackles on the KO score…yes. I saw a QB with escapability quotient. Tackling criticism a bit over the top in here.

choppack1
    Participant

Cow – agreed. The OL was missing 2 key pieces much of game (and one the entire game.)

As for the DL – SCAR got what 31 yards rushing? We see a similar problem to last year – vulnerable to good passing and an elusive qb..not sure we are alone there.

Still much football to be played – but hard to be incredibly excited until we close the deal (hence the Sendek comparison.)

Clearly some things are be done right – but closing is kind of important…and to date DD has proven a very mediocre closer (and that’s being kind) in this 50/50 games.

TheCOWDOG

Clearly some things are be done right – but closing is kind of important…and to date DD has proven a very mediocre closer (and that’s being kind) in this 50/50 games.

Agreed, Chops…The reason for the “Biblical” post last week. Got some thoughts for later this week.

Depth and experience touted in Doeren’s fifth year should mean something beyond starting 11s. And SC is young team according to announcers.
    Tackling has been a problem since Doeren arrived four years ago. Watch SC’s tackling compared to NCS’s. Much surer. Less escapes. Less YAC. Cannot overstate importance of solid tackling and blocking or lack of it.

choppack1
    Participant

Cowdog – I am looking forward to it. Also I hope that you are worried about wolfpack football vs Irma come later week.

TheCOWDOG

Depth at schools not in perennial top 15, is relative. No one, anywhere, proclaimed we are 3 deep on the O- Line. Like it or not, State had to go 3 deep in stretches, Saturday…with redshirt Frosh, no less, in first-time live stage.

Don’t take this view as a tit for tat, or worse, as an apologist.
    Keep posting sound opinions/observations.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Same old moaning here. If you are so sure time for a change get off the wallet and offer to buy out the contract. It is easy to forget how bloody awful the last teams under TOB were. I see a base being built, possibly time to have the “savior” coach but to get there first one has to be identified, convinced to come to Raleigh and be paid. Until then we have what we have. Minus 3 or 4 serious mistakes (one which could well have been a staff call – the opening kick) we were right there. Good enough? No. But I also remember being in SC in the ’81 era and hearing the same crap from the chickens. Today they have cycled through being one of the top to back to a second tier. We can step up, probably should step up but until you beat the man you will never be the man. Hopefully we are on the right road. If not someone will have to pay – a lot.

pump the brakes

TOB’s last 3 teams were 5-3, 4-4, 4-4 in the ACC. I dont consider that “bloody awful”. Thats revisionist history my man

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Where is greywolf? Can’t believe he’s not popped in to tell us to worry not, as the team retains a strength and conditioning coach on staff and that Dave is building a “culture” (despite no evidence that this team even has an identity).

we heard for years from Yow and DD about being young and building depth. Whelp we just got man handled by a bunch of frosh and sophs. Lip service is just that. I fear we are in for a long year. 6-6 if we are lucky

rthomas44
    Participant

Up next, Marshall…no cupcake. Coached by Holiday..former Amato assistant. Met him in Richlands,NC.Recruiting Mario Williams.

McCallum
    Participant

Down side:

1) poor tackling
    2) missed assignments on defense
    3) players not making plays, dropping balls
    4) lost turnover battle

The pick play called on Cook is all on him. He is a senior and should know how to sell that play. The 15 yard penalty was a killer.

Up side:

1) rotated 8-9 defensive linemen. Did not appear effective in the first game but wait and see how it works out by game 3-4.

2) rotated lots of offensive linemen.

3) quarterback had nice game but he played against a weak defense.

The big keys were the two turnovers and the kickoff return. That is a straight up 21 points, probably 17 at the minimum. (a one armed catch in the corner of the end zone after a missed tackle, come on. They won’t make another play like that all year) Mouth Carolina got the breaks they needed, without all of them they lose by 11-14 points.

McCallum

BassPacker
    Participant

Even after couple days to set in, fact is this was a game we were predicted to win and should have won. Don’t think I’ve ever had the high hopes of a pre-season hype smashed as quickly as an opening season kick off TD by the opposing team did. It was almost like knew it would happen like we knew Pack would miss the last second game winning fg kick at Clemson.

ryebread
    Participant

Bass: I sat in about the second or third row in the end zone for TOB’s first game. The first play from scrimmage against UCF we were clearly lined up wrong on defense. UCF did either a little motion or a jet sweep play and the RB took it to the house for 70+ yards running right at me. We proceeded to get absolutely blasted that game.

I never liked the TOB hire, but my fanny was in the seat hoping for the best. We got our tails handed to us that day. Only 2 times during Chuck’s entire tenure were we beaten as badly and both times were against top 5 teams — FSU and Miami. This was one of the “other” Florida schools. And yet there I was watching my nightmare unfold of a Mike Archer coached defense paired with an aenemic offense. But hey, we had discipline and had kicked a bunch of kids off the team! Talk about the wind out of the sails.

I agree with Mac. This game came down to spotting the other team 10 points in special teams and an atrocious half time/3rd quarter. Translation, special teams and in game coaching. Fairly standard stuff.

Unrelated but someone mentioned greywolf in the thread. I sincerely hope he is okay. On another site we lost one of my favorite posters, and not just because they quit the site. Sad, sad day and I still “miss” him.

Fastback68
    Participant

Grey is on a temporary vacation and apparently his wife won out with regards to his computer privileges. Or she snapped.

PackofMac
    Participant

Can’t even enjoy a tarhole loss properly, that too is typical.

How wrong you are sir. Like an aged port or a sun-dying late Fall afternoon, the enjoyment of a tarheal defeat is something to be relished. It never gets old or lacks that certain level of enjoyment that delights ones senses and elevates the heart.

Watching the eternal spoiled child receive some justice is the sweetest fruit on the vine. It never gets old. It is always on your mind like the first time you placed your hands along the shapely hips of a lass, the wonderment and sensation from the excitement never leaves you. New found treasure that one is constantly finding, the zest and thrill are constant exhilaration.

I drink deeply from their anguish. Even greater comfort is to know that whenever the season, whatever the day, in good times or in bad that they realize we shall revile them in all ways, manners and means. They are a despicable lot, nearly in total, from the rancid top to the lifeless matter stuck to the bottom. The modern minstrel show from Orange County has earned every drop of contempt that falls upon it.

Delenda est chapel hill.

McCallum

No sir, I said “properly enjoy” meaning I can’t drive around with my vehicle flags flying Sunday morning, making snarky eye contact with every tarhole fan I see and texting/calling every tarhole friend I know while I know my dam* team shat the bed as well. I just like you and probably as much as some always enjoy any loss by the team from Chapel Hell. Again, key word…properly.

McAdams

gso packbacker
    Participant

Even after couple days to set in, fact is this was a game we were predicted to win and should have won. Don’t think I’ve ever had the high hopes of a pre-season hype smashed as quickly as an opening season kick off TD by the opposing team did. It was almost like knew it would happen like we knew Pack would miss the last second game winning fg kick at Clemson.

While it wasn’t the season opener, the 2004 game in Raleigh felt every bit as bad to me as Devin Hester took the opening kickoff back for a TD. Who in their right mind kicks to Devin Hester anyway?

That was the start of a 4-game slide and another season of narrow losses and missed expectations.

Mike
    Participant

Oh how I remember Hester. I was sitting there with a few people who did not know much about him, and I said DONT kick towards him. Then we did, and I said “but that’s OK if you kick it 8 yards deep because not even Hester would return that. I was quickly proven wrong as he went untouched in about 10 seconds flat for the TD and we never recovered from that.

McCallum
    Participant

No sir, I said “properly enjoy” meaning I can’t drive around with my vehicle flags flying Sunday morning, making snarky eye contact with every tarhole fan I see and texting/calling every tarhole friend I know while I know my dam* team shat the bed as well. I just like you and probably as much as some always enjoy any loss by the team from Chapel Hell. Again, key word…properly.

McAdams

Fags?

We don’t need no stinking fags!

Oh, you said flags.

Wrong unc issue.

McCallum

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Cowdog – I am looking forward to it. Also I hope that you are worried about wolfpack football vs Irma come later week.

Why be worried? They’re 1-0 against hurricanes during Doeren’s tenure.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

IRMA is headed to Tennessee….

We’ll know what direction WOLFPACKFOOTBALL is headed in about 9pm Saturday night…

Now for me….

My only leading indicator is some serious kicka## attitude from the bench and on the field for 4 quarters…

Regardless of the score… let’s let ’em know they been in a damn football game….

that’s all I’m asking…

POP!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    tractor57
    Participant

No taking quarters off please.

rthomas44
    Participant

Watching the Cheats lose to Louisville…at halftime, ESPN played a NCSTATE promotion! Got to love it.

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 225 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.