Henderson aims for big role with NC State

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Henderson aims for big role with NC State

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I was surprised to see this on Yahoo

Terry Henderson has seen transfers thrive before at North Carolina State. Now it’s his turn.

The 6-foot-4 guard spent his first two seasons at West Virginia, but transferred to North Carolina State and sat out last season. Now he’s ready to take the court, providing a desperately needed perimeter scorer after a year spent improving his game and settling in at a school back in his hometown.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/henderson-aims-big-role-nc-state-transfer-164338914–ncaab.html

PackerInRussia
    Participant

The formula has worked. N.C. State had missed the NCAAs for 15 of 20 seasons before Gottfried’s arrival, but the coach is 4-for-4 with two Sweet 16 trips.

For some reason you never hear it put quite like that.

redisgood
    Participant

While Henderson will help a lot, the guy who will help even more if we can get him is Maverick Rowan. His recruitment sure has been messy, but the more I watch this guy, the more I’m convinced he will be a difference maker. He moved from Pitt to Florida to play against stronger competition, and all he did was get 5A player of the year, average 26+ points and 4 rebounds a game, shoot 60+% from the field and well over 40% from three. He’s a Scott Wood caliber shooter who can also drive the lane and has a great mid-range jumper. 85% FT shooter as well.

His recruitment has been all over the map, but for some reason we appear to be the leader for him now. That can change 15 times over the next week or so, but he really is a missing piece for us. Cat, Henderson, and Rowan would be a lethal trio.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.