Henderson 6th year – SR DAY

Home Forums All StateFansNation Henderson 6th year – SR DAY

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

I am just curious – Henderson has applied for a 6th year, but all along the “experts” have said he would not be granted a 6th year due to transfer.

He played 7 minutes last year before injury. Amile Jefferson got an extra year after playing 9 games in his original senior year. Granted not a transfer involved but 9 games versus 7 minutes………

The NCAA rules (I just looked it up) state a player may be granted an extra year due to debilitating injury or illness, and this could include a 6th year. Why will Henderson be denied a 6th year? Because he does not have Dook on his chest?

Ryan Finley got a 6th year (or will get) since he has already technically been out of HS 4 years and has 2 remaining. Why the inconsistencies?

Mike
    Participant

And with all respect to the seniors, I hope Beejay gets a standing O and starts.

What about DSJ? Do you honor him knowing last home game? I say no – just curious to hear others thoughts.

BJD95
    Keymaster

No honors for DSJ.

Beejay/KH will get an absolutely thunderous ovation, and he sure as shit better start. I hope that DY has directly intervened on this matter.

Fingers crossed for Henderson, unless he simply wants to move on with his life.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I am just curious – Henderson has applied for a 6th year, but all along the “experts” have said he would not be granted a 6th year due to transfer.

…. Why the inconsistencies?

As far as I know, the NCAA has been consistent. Lose two years to injury, get a 6th year. Transfer and then get hurt, no 6th year. If you have a contrary example, I would love to read about it.

Fastback68
    Participant

FREE ANYA

brqan925
    Participant

If Henderson does get a sixth year, I hope the new coach doesn’t insist on playing him more than a handful of minutes on the floor at the same time with Rowan. Too much of the same player.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.