Guy Clark

Home Forums All StateFansNation Guy Clark

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG

Trying to steer clear of the broken records of BB…so, here’s more Tom Russell with my morning anthem.

TheCOWDOG

Shoot. Somethin’ funky goin’ on.

AsheWolf
    Participant

Let me try another one. Best song I know about chicken fighting. Tom Russell song. Vocals by Joe Ely.

AsheWolf
    Participant

Happy birthday Keef!

Royal Wulff
    Participant

Sorry to be the bearer of sad news. Guy Clark passed on to glory this morning at the age of 74. May he rest in peace as his words and music live on.

TheCOWDOG

Yep. We lost a real American Music icon. I’m having a cold one on the porch with Guy, right now.

Royal Wulff
    Participant

^Figured you would be, Dog. I’m doing the same, but sipping a little I.W. Harper.

TheCOWDOG

AsheWolf
    Participant

AsheWolf
    Participant

AsheWolf
    Participant

TheCOWDOG

Best wishes to you guys.

Royal Wulff
    Participant

One more from the road…

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

I own all 3 of Sturgill Simpson’s albums. That dude is extremely talented even though his last album is meh. LRM mentioned the Troubadours. Those guys can play a sweet tune as well. Eric Strickland is pretty good and he is a NC boy from down east. Cody Jinks is worth listening to if you get the opportunity.

Anyone from Yadkin County?

highstick
    Participant

After going to the Willie Nelson concert last week and observing Willie from the front row, I would not be surprised to see him pass on very soon. Man, he was struggling with emphysema…

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

AsheWolf
    Participant

I think the recent Sturgill record is real good. A notch behind his last one perhaps but mostly just different. Horns? Motown?

Here’s one for the weekend. Bad camera work. Good audio.

We’re fools to make war on our brothers in arms…

AsheWolf
    Participant

Here’s another version of Black Diamond Strings by the feller that wrote it, my friend Larry Cordle. Larry is currently undergoing treatment for leukemia.

AsheWolf
    Participant

And here’s one from Sturgill’s new cd… Goes from emo to motown in a split second. If this is meh….

But what do I know. I’m from Ashe County.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

So were connected by the great county of Wilkes!! That’s actually my favorite song on the new album. I was confused the first time I heard it because of the transition. I’d like to go on record for being alright with eating a bag of mushrooms with SS. Or a hit of acid. Everyone dies but not everyone lives.

Royal Wulff
    Participant

Full Disclosure: I needed a break from the latest coaching change drama. Somehow it was more fun chasing tail numbers a dozen years ago.

I stumbled across this video of Verlon Thompson at the McFarlane home in Raleigh, 9/26/2016:

I’m wondering two things:
    1. Who are the McFarlanes?
    2. Were any of y’all there?

Just curious.

pakfanistan
    Participant

…it was more fun chasing tail…

Amen

tractor57
    Participant

Mista Wolf yes Yadkin County here – born and bred. Moved away but then back where I came from. Right here in my briar patch.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APTmx2uqdO8

The only cover of a Townes Van Zandt song where I think the cover is better than the original. That’s high praise, my friends.

We’ve all got holes to fill
    And them holes are all that’s real
    Some fall on ya like a storm
    Sometimes ya dig your own

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Shucks how did I miss this thread? Some good material in here.. and thanks for sharing the Hayes Carll Xmas video.. damn nice song I hadn’t heard.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

You fellas might enjoy some John Prine.

Here’s one of my personal favorites, “Christmas In Prison”
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj-Vff5HPhc

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.