GT hangs 90 on State in PNC

Home Forums All StateFansNation GT hangs 90 on State in PNC

Tagged: 

Viewing 23 posts - 51 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    rtpack24
    Participant

Cat is gone, done deal. DSJ will take over at point. Have no idea with rest of team.

the_phisherman
    Participant

The Pitt game showed our capabilities

Yeah, when the opponent shoots 25% in the first half. I think that the GT game is more representative of the team’s capabilities.

Coupled with all of the other losses. A pattern has emerged and Pitt is definitely the outlier.

mak4dpak
    Participant

And this same loser coach was triumphant over the Canes, and not even close. Like I said, not the coach, clearly on the the team, and when they decide to show up for the whole game, we win. The coach had every right to call them out last game, and see what happened.

mak4dpak
    Participant

So we lose and have a blog, but we have a big win vs Miami and nothing?

Wufpacker
    Participant

What if they gave a blog and nobody came?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Who would know, Wufpacker ???

smh…
    maybe… The Nation is on Vacation….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    mak4dpak
    Participant

Still waitin for a new blog on the victory over the Canes. The team and coach deserve it, after the last blog. Sure most had already chalked up the game as a resounding defeat. But not the case.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Still waitin for a new blog on the victory over the Canes. The team and coach deserve it, after the last blog. Sure most had already chalked up the game as a resounding defeat. But not the case.

After 4 1/2 seasons of Gott and Co. I’ve learned not to chalk up any game as a surefire loss. Or win.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Actually, I predicted that the Pack would put a pounding on the ‘Canes. Yet it still didn’t inspire me to waste my time putting up a main blog thread (pre OR post game) just so folks could throw their “told ya so’s” around. And yet they still showed up on an expired GT thread. Color me shocked.

And there were already two MIAMI threads on the forums. Just FYI.

Reality check…we were 2-7 in January. Told ya so’s might not be the best idea just yet.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

What if they gave a blog and nobody came?

That’s a pretty good title for my weekly ACC Updates. I’ve been wondering if it’s worth the effort for the few people that read them.

choppack1
    Participant

Like I said, not the coach, clearly on the the team, and when they decide to show up for the whole game, we win. The coach had every right to call them out last game, and see what happened.

On a micro level, that’s certainly true. Every coach wants his team not to turn it over, take good shots, defend well and rebound well.

But the issue is the macro-level. Was this team built with ALL of the parts needed to be a solid team in the ACC and to make the NCAAs?

Even in his successful first 4 years the defense is not consistent enough to win a championship, in the conference or nationally.

If you believe that most battles are won before they are fought like l do, then you see the the overall performance of the team this year, and possibility the next couple of years, being a reflection of failing to prepare for the contegencies that arise when your A Plan isn’t an option.

Perhaps Gottfried has learned. If Abu comes back next year, we should be a solid team – even without an additional big man. Will fit be like his first 4 years where injuries were minimal and he was able to replace the transfers – so he can stick with Plan A? If he does catch those good breaks, will we better than a 7 seed?

44rules
    Participant

VaWolf, I, for one, appreciate the updates. I don’t always post or respond – most folks already have said what I think in one form or another, plus I really don’t feel like being part of Social Media Nation and spending my life arguing in the virtual world with strangers – but I read them. Thank you.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Wufpacker
    Participant

VaWolf, I, for one, appreciate the updates. I don’t always post or respond – most folks already have said what I think in one form or another, plus I really don’t feel like being part of Social Media Nation and spending my life arguing in the virtual world with strangers – but I read them. Thank you.

I second that emotion…or maybe that emoticon.
    Either way, I always read and enjoy the updates and over the years have learned a lot from them.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Like I said, not the coach, clearly on the the team, and when they decide to show up for the whole game, we win. The coach had every right to call them out last game, and see what happened.

Perhaps Gottfried has learned. If Abu comes back next year, we should be a solid team – even without an additional big man. Will fit be like his first 4 years where injuries were minimal and he was able to replace the transfers – so he can stick with Plan A? If he does catch those good breaks, will we better than a 7 seed?

I am slowly coming around to this now. From a 30,000ft view it looks like next year will be a dumpster fire but if you start looking at Abu slowly coming on in the past 4 or so games he could be a building block instead of a role player. He still has a ways to go and needs to stay focused. But there is the elephant in the room as to whether he is even going to stay especially if he continues to progress as he did in mid-late Jan.

Cat is just a sick player right now. Borderline unstoppable. I just continue to worry about him logging 40 minutes a game. That is going to catch up with him eventually.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I’ve been wondering if it’s worth the effort for the few people that read them.

Can you include an “I read this” checkbox/counter feature? I’m one of those who reads but does not always reply. 🙂

pakfanistan
    Participant

From a 30,000ft view it looks like next year will be a dumpster fire….

:rollingeyes:

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Can you include an “I read this” checkbox/counter feature?

fwiw… from a code standpoint this would mean that every reader would have to have an account and login so as to prevent multiple clicks and maintain the accuracy of the count…

as a general rule on the web…
    based on some experience with those kinds of things, I would go with a 50-1 ratio of “page views / people posting”…

for example…
    back in the days when we had “quality” game threads…
    there’s would be 20-30 posters…
    making 200 to 300 plus posts..
    which would mean another 1200 “readers” who didn’t post…

regardless…
    it’s worth everybody’s “effort” starting with management all the way down the food chain to live up to it’s name…
    State Fan’s Nation

and keep this corner of the web the number one place for Wolfpackers everywhere…

afterall…
    A Nation is a very diverse group of people united by one common bond.
    in other words…
    Diversity SHOULD BE the Nation’s strength, not it’s weakness. (period)

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I’ve been wondering if it’s worth the effort for the few people that read them.

Can you include an “I read this” checkbox/counter feature? I’m one of those who reads but does not always reply. :)

There’s a stats widget that shows how many times the article on the main page has been opened and another counter for how many times the forum thread has been opened. This week’s readership was about half of a “normal” entry from last year. I’m guessing that drop-off is being driven by a growing apathy about the basketball season.

Either that or people are getting tired of my tables and graphs….no that couldn’t be it. 😉

choppack1
    Participant

These topics are on the wrong thread but I don’t give a durn. Va wolf – please keep up the good work. Its awesome and unfortunately until we get off the bubble is absolutely critical for us to know where we stand.

Rick
    Keymaster

back in the days when we had “quality” game threads…

Are quality ones in which they don’t change your title?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Ha!…

I liked Wufpup’s … 3-5 paragraphs.. mostly a scouting report on the opposition so I didn’t have to figure that out myself…
    followed by a Big crowd of raucous, obnoxious Packbackers… posting at tickertape speed…

MrPlywood
    Participant

There’s a stats widget that shows how many times the article on the main page has been opened and another counter for how many times the forum thread has been opened.

I figured. I didn’t know if that can be configured to actually display that info the the general public.

fwiw… from a code standpoint this would mean that every reader would have to have an account and login so as to prevent multiple clicks and maintain the accuracy of the count…

I can only vote once in the front page polls even if I use different browsers (on the same computer) and don’t log in. The poll plugin must log IP addresses? Typically you can set polls (and other WP features are similar) to allow guests to participate along with registered users.

Anyway, just thinking out loud about a way to illustrate the number of readers.

Rick
    Keymaster

^Ha!…

I liked Wufpup’s … 3-5 paragraphs.. mostly a scouting report on the opposition so I didn’t have to figure that out myself…
    followed by a Big crowd of raucous, obnoxious Packbackers… posting at tickertape speed…

I think this season is dragging on everyone. I think even WTNY rings kind of hollow with the monster class dissipating. Just my opinion. I don’t really care to watch the games this year. If it is convenient I might watch but that’s about it.

Viewing 23 posts - 51 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.