GT hangs 90 on State in PNC

Home Forums All StateFansNation GT hangs 90 on State in PNC

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Keymaster

I am impressed we held the GT offensive juggernaut to 90 points.

#defensivestopper

44rules
    Participant

From our local rag, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

“(An N.C. State player) kept telling me at the free-throw line – ‘Oh, dang, y’all are strong.’ I’m like, No, y’all are just worn down.” – Mitchell

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Khan
    Participant

Don’t give up guys. We still have a shot at being lower-tier mediocre this year, with middle-tier mediocre not entirely out of the question.

Wulfpack
    Participant

The NIT bubble is a real possibility if we can play defense, rebound, make shots, hit free throws, and stay out of foul trouble. You heard it here first.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Dare to dream.

mak4dpak
    Participant

We have been to the NCAA tourney, every year under Gott. Last year we went a long ways in the tourney, but this year we are struggling, with a team that doesn’t resemble the team from last year. We had hope in Terry Henderson, but still hasn’t returned, so as the season continues to go down the tubes, we seem to think this is all on the coach, and of course he saw all the circumstances that led us to where we are now. Hardly, and this far along in the season he has every right to call out the team for not performing to their capabilities. He can coach all he wants to, but he stands on the sidelines, and what the players do on the court is on them. How do we suddenly have a burst of offense in many of the games when there are a few minutes left in the game, and the guys are trying to pull out a victory. If they played from the beginning it wouldn’t be necessary. The Pitt game showed our capabilities, but it is just not being shown in every game, thus our poor record in the ACC. When the guys decide to show up when it is game time, and play 2 halves, we will find success. But until then we will continue the downward slide. But even one bad year is not a reason to dismiss a coach. Be careful what you ask for you might get it. And until someone has reliable sources, on the departure of Barber/Abu, please stop spreading more negativity. That is the last thing the team needs.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Odds of not being on the 2016-2017 NCSU bball team

Cat 100%
    Abu 80%
    Anya 50%
    Twins 40%
    Kirk 100%
    Mav 50%

TheCOWDOG

You wanna put your money where your ever flapping fingers are, Mr. Odds Maker?

I can make that happen. Seriously.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Half the team leaving, the other half pregnant. (Apologies to Lt. Colonel Henry Blake)

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I missed the game last night ’cause I had my 7pm therapy group meeting.
    I did catch the last 10 minutes on the radio on the way home..

If someone had told me beforehand, Cat =34, Abu=22, Rowan=14… I would have wondered if it was a blowout…
    I guess it was…

or pickup basketball…
    The yellow jackets must have played great defense too…

————-

here’s the thing… these kids are all busting their butts for 10-15 minutes, they play smart ball for 10-15 and they don’t know who they are for 10 minutes… the right combination reminds me of a rubick’s cube… with one or two pieces still not right…

you just don’t know what they are going to do next…

————–

Interesting or StupidTroll article on WRAL.com today…
    “Pack BBall looking for a leader”

Now that’s either brilliant or idiotic…

————–
    Mr. Dog… I agree, more be back than leave next season…
    NONE of these kids are ready for the next level.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Cat and Abu will test the market. Cat will get the nod and he will be off. Abu needs to come back. Serious potential. Needs a lot of work. No idea about the other guys. I agree with Gott – it’s up to you. How do you want this to go?

TheCOWDOG

Clap, clap, Wulfpack.

TheCOWDOG

I still want Mr. Odds Makers money, though.

Rick
    Keymaster

Mr. Dog… I agree, more be back than leave next season…
    NONE of these kids are ready for the next level.

I have no idea who will or won’t leave but what does this have to do with it?
    We have had four players go pro and only one was ready.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

so Rick….

are you suggesting that kids today always listen to their elders ?

oh yeah, I forgot…

How your girl’s basketball team doing this week?

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    wolfpack92owen
    Participant

I still want Mr. Odds Makers money, though.

I bet $100 Cat goes pro, you in?

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Watching Cuse dismantle ND like that makes me wonder… If they can do that in a “down” year with all the self-imposed sanctions and Coah Boeheim’s suspension… They had to take a hit in the recruiting department, right?

MrPlywood
    Participant

I bet $100 Cat goes pro, you in?

Haha, cherry pick the most likely one.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Half the team leaving, the other half pregnant. (Apologies to Lt. Colonel Henry Blake)

OH, COME ON….surely I’m not the only one who laughed maniacally at this?!?!
    Nicely played, Ply.

john of sparta
    Participant

how about this?
    instead of “go pro”,
    use “not here next season”?
    list the current roster by name
    and assign odds to that effect.
    yes, Chase is gone, so he is a wash,
    but a Cat Bet is less than even money.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Agreed….Cat is 5-2 at best.
    The rest…..?

EDIT – Apparently I either went dyslexic or retarded last night. Maybe both.
    Of course, I meant 2-5.
    Now…shut up.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Nicely played, Ply.

Thanks 🙂 It’s one of my favorite TV scenes.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Odds of not being on the 2016-2017 NCSU bball team
    Cat 100%
    Abu 80%
    Anya 50%
    Twins 40%
    Kirk 100%
    Mav 50%

This is from the same guy who asked that dumb question about freshmen point guards and thinks Chuck Amato should still be coaching the Wolfpack.

Just saying.

If the mouth will put up, I got a grand at those odds on any of them but Cat.

tractor57
    Participant

As to declaring for the draft it seems reasonable Cat will. Not sure he has much to gain by staying for another year. Yes I hope he does stay if that works for him but seems to me he has elevated his game to the point that the NBA is a real possibility. Abu maybe on potential but I don’t think he is ready. Anya much less so. They both have shown flashes of brilliance but also flashes of being in another world. The twins? Maybe a transfer but not that likely. Kirk came in as a project an from what I’ve seem he simply is not ready for ACC play – so maybe a step down if he is willing to sit out a year. Maverick – I don’t think so.

Transfers are the routine in college ball now so I might be underestimating a bit but I don’t think I am.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

The Pitt game showed our capabilities

Yeah, when the opponent shoots 25% in the first half. I think that the GT game is more representative of the team’s capabilities.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.