Gottfried Could Be Gone This Week(ESPN)

Home Forums All StateFansNation Gottfried Could Be Gone This Week(ESPN)

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Daily Update
    Keymaster

Jeff Goodman finally covers the situation in Raleigh with a short article today on ESPN: NC State coach Mark Gottfried’s tenure in Raleigh is likely c
    [See the full post at: Gottfried Could Be Gone This Week(ESPN)]

StateRed44
    Participant

I would say if Goodman’s source isn’t an immediate family member it’s probably not rock solid and things could change.

tractor57
    Participant

End of the season? I think yes. This week? I think not.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Goodman never misses an opportunity to slam State and/or State fans. If he told me it was raining, I would look outside before grabbing an umbrella.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Just because Goodman sources say he’s unlikely to leave doesn’t mean squat. I think we’ve got more than 50% chance of landing him, personally.

Khan
    Participant

Unless Miller hates NC State, we could get him if we wanted him and were able to go about it the right way. It isn’t rocket science.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Newy Scruggs on NBC Sports Radio was talking up NC State and the “open” position, adamant that State can compete and that it’s a good situation for a coach who wants to compete and take on ORW and K. He reminded everyone how K started out. And he mentioned Archie, who will be on the show tomorrow. The show starts at noon EST.

PackofMac
    Participant

You guys have to know that we’ll beat UNX tonight, perfect NC State stupid scenario.

Khan
    Participant

POM, yes…that is what’s going to happen. Seems like it always does.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Beating unc is never stupid imo.

13OT
    Participant

If most Wolfpack fans want Gottfried gone, then he’ll probably survive.

eas
    Participant

I agree, we will probably beat the TarHoles tonight in typical Wolfpack fashion. Don’t get me wrong as we all want to be the Holes but Gott needs to be gone at the end of the season. If we get blown out I do see him gone before the ACC tournament.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

His interview last night had the feel of someone making their last stand. He’s toast. there is no amount of inspiration that can overcome the lack of gonads and fundamentals displayed by his teams

freshmanin83
    Participant

I don’t see how just beating unc would change anything. It will take more than just that win to change his eventual firing or leaving or whatever they have come up with.

PapaJohn
    Participant

There’s no recovering from this death spiral.

1. We aren’t going to beat UNC. (“but we beat Duke”) We happened to catch Duke without their coach, on an off night. They contributed to the loss as much as we contributed to the win.
    2. We are 14/12 with five games left. (“so we only have to win two for a winning regular season”) The two we have the remotest shot at winning are on the road – where we don’t win this year. The other three are UNC, UVA, and ND – front page headlines type upsets. It seems we are guaranteed another losing season.
    3. So, we have to run the table at the ACCT to make the NCAAT. There are not ANY three, or four, teams in the ACC that you could line up (much less the murderer’s row we are likely to face) that we could beat on consecutive nights. We just aren’t that tough.

Mark your calendars, by March 12 it will be over.And we’ll be in coaching search hell.

StateRed44
    Participant

Why is a coaching search hell? Some of you are true cucks.

tractor57
    Participant

History says an NC State coaching search IS hell. Needed in this case but hell regardless.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Why is a coaching search hell? Some of you are true cucks.

Did you watch the last two? Maybe not hell. Comical, actually, if you have a sense of humor.

MrPlywood
    Participant

IMO a win tonight would be even more evidence that the program is in disarray.

JeremyH
    Participant

I have all the evidence I need, call the counselors into my chambers…

eas
    Participant

I watched the interview from yesterday and agree with the making his last stand statement. He definitely knows what’s going down. He made sure to get that if we win out it will be “5 out of 6 years they have made the tournament”. That was his plug for getting his feelings out on it. Just my 2 cents but after that interview I feel more confident now that he’s toast.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.