Gott Justifiably on the Hot Seat

Home Forums All StateFansNation Gott Justifiably on the Hot Seat

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

Up until this year I was in the Gott camp, but I hate to say it because I dont want to go through another change for sake of change. But he has lost this team and I am afraid all future credibility.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

@VaWolf

Kenpom predictions rest of season:
    @FSU – 7%
    @WF – 18%
    UNC – 19%
    ND – 34%
    @GTech – 34%
    UVA – 16%
    @Clemson – 21%

Converted odds 1 in 107,541 chance of winning out. So yeah, it’s not gonna happen lol.

BJD, always the optimist… “1 in 2000” hahaha

ryebread
    Participant

From what I can tell, Packfanistan is no lover of Gott. He is a lover of NC State who likes to see it positively. That’s okay by my book.

I think the point of the post is clear. The last two years are about as bad as Sid’s last two. His last 5 are worse than HWSNBN’s last 5 and his total tenure is probably worse than HWSNBN’s last 6.

It was time for Sid and HWSNBN to go when they did. Yow showed one of them the door, and with a much more promising roster coming back than what Gott will have if he is coach next year. Time to hold her guy to the same standards.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

What I would give to have Brad Underwood as our head coach.

pakfanistan
    Participant

What I would give to have Brad Underwood as our head coach.

Funny because stats wise, their defense is Gott-esque this year.

Let’s give Carrie Underwood a shot.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

BJD, always the optimist… “1 in 2000? hahaha

BJD has always been known as the SFN Pollyanna. 🙂

OldWuf
    Participant

The fact that State alums are not marching with pitchforks and torches and storming AD Yow’s office is a testament to the apathy that has set in over the past 34 years of mostly mediocrity since our last national championship. We went from a perennial powerhouse with 2 national titles(should have been 3) in a decade to this. The fact that we continue accepting these results is ridiculous.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Debbie Yow said, though her retirement is in 2019, she is still working and will do what is needed, prior to retirement.

BJD95
    Keymaster

For Cincy, Kyle Washington had 14 points, 11 boards, and 4 STEALS tonight.

Supposedly, MG benched him then ran him off because he refused to play defense when he randomly started pulling minutes in the middle of Year Four.

SeaWolf72
    Participant

Gregg Marshall ought to be about ready to make a change….

Hamlet
    Participant

Count me squarely in the “make-the-move-before-the-next-game” camp. Get a head start on the next search, even if it has to be done above DY. In fact, it SHOULD be done above DY.

BassPacker
    Participant

Good point Hamlet. Count me in on that move NOW !!! Tired of being the butt of jokes, the team that sets record point loses, the team that allows opposing players to set records, sometimes in our own house and the team that again will play the play in games. Do as I did, which is rare….email the Chancellor and AD Yow with your thoughts. I DID and it felt good. Time we as Pack Alum, WPC members, LTR seat holders and fans start our own movement. #RedLivesMatter #RLM

packbackr04
    Participant

DY should get the ax for the awful and unjustifiable extension she gave gott

Pack1997
    Participant

On the bright side, when we do hire a new coach we wont have to let any of those pesky tournaments slow down us starting the process.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

DY should get the ax for the awful and unjustifiable extension she gave gott

Funny nobody seems to bring that up. It was retarded then and is even more so now. Borderline criminal

BassPacker
    Participant

Didn’t take long for AD Yow to respond to my email. Not sure if it actually was a response or some pre-written response on file for all us calling for change. It has a general mass produced feel to it, none the less, her is AD Yow reply to my email:

“I am in tune with the issues in our basketball program.
    I understand how frustrating this is for you. Please know that the
    outcomes of this entire season will be addressed once the last game
    has been played.
    In the meantime my role continues to be one of support and
    encouragement for our players and for our coaches.
    The four consecutive NCAA tournament appearances, 2 sweet 16s, beating
    the number one regional seed in Villanova two years ago, the win
    against UNCCH where we held them to the lowest point total in Dean
    Dome history two years ago and the win at Duke this year for the first
    time in 22 years are all appreciated.
    That said, we have struggled in years five and six of Coach
    Gottfried’s tenure. Again, that will be addressed after the last game
    is played.
    Thank you for writing and for sharing your perspective. That is always
    appreciated.

In the spirit of the Pack,

Debbie Yow ”

Seems she and the administration is more about pointing out the few positives than the current rain of negatives that will lead to a 7 year flood.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

The four consecutive NCAA tournament appearances, 2 sweet 16s, beating
    the number one regional seed in Villanova two years ago, the win
    against UNCCH where we held them to the lowest point total in Dean
    Dome history two years ago and the win at Duke this year for the first
    time in 22 years are all appreciated.

In the spirit of the Pack,

Debbie Yow ”

Holy crap this part scares the hell out of me. Seems like she is laying the groundwork (excuse) for another year. What the hell does the chapel hill point total have to do with anything?

Adventuroo
    Participant

Bass,

That, IMHO, is a “Canned” response. I typically do 5 or so emails, annually, with AD Yow. That response is not her style or prose. I can also tell you from experience that if you push back a couple of times and disagree with her logic, she will calmly and quickly shut you down (almost becoming defensive…such as “in the overall scheme of things, this is not a big deal so We need to move on…”.

The fact that she has left the door open is interesting. It MAY be that there is too much chatter to just keep ignoring the 800 pound primate…..who knows.

Thanks for sharing.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Bass,

That, IMHO, is a “Canned” response. I typically do 5 or so emails, annually, with AD Yow. That response is not her style or prose. I can also tell you from experience that if you push back a couple of times and disagree with her logic, she will calmly and quickly shut you down (almost becoming defensive…such as “in the overall scheme of things, this is not a big deal so We need to move on…”.

The fact that she has left the door open is interesting. It MAY be that there is too much chatter to just keep ignoring the 800 pound primate…..who knows.

Thanks for sharing.

I am not sure why she would even bring up that stuff if she wasnt at least contemplating giving him another year. Holy crap next year would be lollerific if so

Pack1997
    Participant

What is she supposed to say to an emailer? I know it is a huge dumpster fire, and he will be fired after the last game is played?

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

What is she supposed to say to an emailer? I know it is a huge dumpster fire, and he will be fired after the last game is played?

I agree but cherry picking the positives from his tenure is an odd look when the natives are restless

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

She also mentions that something will be addressed after the last game is played. Not sure what that *Something* is. The mention of all the positives is clearly a defense of Gott. My best guess, trying to read between the lines, is that the *something* that will be addressed will land on the assistants, and not the head man.

The *something* may also include an ultimatum for expectations next season. Just my thoughts.

choppack1
    Participant

I certainly hope not. Extending Gott while firing TOB would show she is too emotionally attached to Gott to think rationally.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

My suggestion is to put $$ where mouth is when discussing with DY. That talks. She listens.

freshmanin83
    Participant

That said, we have struggled in years five and six of Coach
    Gottfried’s tenure. Again, that will be addressed after the last game
    is played.

That part was the most interesting to me in the email.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.