Gary Andersen Leaves Wisconsin for Oregon State

Home Forums StateFans Football Gary Andersen Leaves Wisconsin for Oregon State

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Wisconsin coach Gary Andersen is leaving the school after two seasons to take the head coaching job at Oregon State, the school announced.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=12011785

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Was just about to throw a thread up … cue the incessant “will Doeren leave?” questions and other takes 🙁

Wulfpack
    Participant

Very questionable move. First Bielema. Now Andersen. Me thinks maybe the old Alvarez ain’t so fun to be around.

Wulfpack
    Participant

A certain publication has DD as a candidate along with guys like Chryst, Pelini, and Schiano.

MrPlywood
    Participant

A local (well, over the strait in Everett) sports guy set out his conspiracy theory that something is fishy in the Big 10. He believes that the Big 10 powers that be orchestrated a Wiscy dive so that tOSU would get into the playoff, therefore bring bazillions to the conference and schools. And of course Wiscy had to benefit additionally, somehow, someway.

A lot of aspects seem very odd – Wiscy favored, tOSU lost their QB, and Anderson leaves within a few days. Evidently he had no ties to O St. Hmmmm…

Mike
    Participant

I would expect DD to be a candidate, and hopefully he says no thanks.

As for the fix, NO WAY. NO WAY that many people are in on it, no way the players had any reason to tank it, and without the players being involved it would be impossible. It only takes 1 to blow the scheme and when the heat is on the canaries will sing.

Greywolf
    Participant

Is Doeren a candidate or is he on somebody’s wish list? I never thought of DD as being stupid. Hasn’t he been around Wisconsin Athletics? Doeren likes bass fishing, not ice fishing.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^So far, it’s just the usual “look for ‘these people’ to be candidates …” stuff – nothing definitive (at least that I know of yet).

In may not happen in this instance, but what’s tiring – to me – is the “Are you a candidate for ‘x’ job?!” incessant line of questioning … then the “You heard it hear first! ‘Candidate’ turns down job offer / ‘Candidate’ will not take job if offered!!!” spin whether there was any contact or even an actual offer or not.

TheCOWDOG

Insiders would speak of burned bridges twixt Dave and Barry.

redisgood
    Participant

Thanks CD for that insider info. That is good news (for us). I did a search last night, and Doeren was literally on everyone’s top 4 list. This is one time I would be hugely disappointed to see a coach leave. You can easily see what the guy is building here, and it is truly exciting. I will continue to keep my fingers crossed.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Massive conspiracies involving large amounts of people upholding it and keeping the secret only happen in Hollywood movies and Chapel Hill athletic departments.

TheCOWDOG

^
    Please note, ’tis not I that claim to be inside.

Rather, the occaisonal info that is received from those that are.

It’s quite odd, you know. I virtually get State information from folks with absolutely no connection to the Pack.

BJD95
    Keymaster

A local (well, over the strait in Everett) sports guy set out his conspiracy theory that something is fishy in the Big 10. He believes that the Big 10 powers that be orchestrated a Wiscy dive so that tOSU would get into the playoff, therefore bring bazillions to the conference and schools. And of course Wiscy had to benefit additionally, somehow, someway.

A lot of aspects seem very odd – Wiscy favored, tOSU lost their QB, and Anderson leaves within a few days. Evidently he had no ties to O St. Hmmmm…

I seriously wondered that myself. God, how I hate the B1G.

nav
    Participant

For the worlds to align so perfectly for OSU. For everything to happen just the way, the only way it could have in order for them to make the playoffs. The only other team in America that could happen to would be UNC. Both teams took a blood oath with the devil at some point in their history.

It is odd though. Especially with the coach bailing for Oregon St of all places. But no way it could have been planned. Too many people involved. Did the Wis staff give the OSU staff the game plan? Highly doubtful.

Mike
    Participant

Just as an update – I heard HWSNBN has pulled his name from consideration. And since that occurred, Wiscy has decided to hire Paul Chryst away from Pitt.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Chryst it is. That was fast.

nav
    Participant

The Herb thing to UW is ridiculous.

We all know he is a Pitt guy. Now that Chryst is out he is headed there.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I heard HWSNBN has pulled his name from consideration.

Obligatory 🙂

The Herb thing to UW is ridiculous.

We all know he is a Pitt guy. Now that Chryst is out he is headed there.

Haha well done.

Being super cereal for a moment, looks like programs have learned to move pretty quickly. That certainly helps to control the media narrative clickbait troll machine, among other things. Where’s Jed with an 8-month, lose 50 lbs. search when you need him?

nav
    Participant

It really is pretty amazing how quick Neb, UF, Oregon St, and Wisc got their vacancy’s filled. Meanwhile, the biggest fish in the sea left, UofM, and is still on the clock. Plus, let’s see how well Pitt does. I don’t know much about him but I hear the AD don’t have the best rep. And we know how well that plays in a coaching search. Remember when…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.