Game Thread: Wolfpack Football vs Louisville

Home Forums All StateFansNation Game Thread: Wolfpack Football vs Louisville

Viewing 15 posts - 251 through 265 (of 265 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

I never saw how we could handle Clemson, since they should eat our secondary alive (in addition to challenging our OL). After what Petrino’s front 7 did to us, I shudder to imagine the FSU game. So…we would have to go perfect through the rest of the schedule, bowl included. Very unlikely.

As others have noted, it’s a problem entering conference play behind the 8 ball. We play teams that have been challenged and thus have worked some kinks out. But not us. So we aren’t in real “game shape” until like the 3rd game of the ACC slate, and it really does my head in.

Rick
    Keymaster

O figure 8 wins was about the best we could do. After this game I an not so sure of that

BJD95
    Keymaster

I know I am too far on tilt because of how we looked in this loss. I am supremely irritated in everyone but Hines, Samuels, and the 2nd half version of the DL.

But as Dog will recall, when I maxed this team out at 9 wins, this is the fixture I said that worried me most (that people were penciling in as a W).

Wufpacker
    Participant

Could be worse.
    Folks in Athens are all googling “seppuku” at the moment.

Damn ‘Dawgs. Neutered as per usual.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Dogs getting clowned… so mad because I wanted this to be my 3:30 game but having to channel hop now.

tjfoose1
    Participant

7-5?

I’m sticking to my 10 win prediction too, though the caveat when made was barring injury or loss of major contributors. So with that, I’ll take a margin of error of -1.

If God never created mopeds, Louisville leaves Raleigh with a loss.

Wulfpack
    Participant

There is absolutely no way this team is winning 10. Clemson and FSU will take care of that in very short order. We better have our minds on the turkeys, or else.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Agreed re: the castrated turkeys. Short week road game in a hostile environment. Not easy under the best of circumstances.

Much like most recent basketball seasons, I’m not inclined to make any rash judgements pro or con based on one game. I don’t think we’ll be the team we saw yesterday most of the time, however.

10 wins? Maybe. But we need 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 first.

Would love to see Thanksgiving come early this Friday.

pakfanistan
    Participant

There is absolutely no way this team is winning 10. Clemson and FSU will take care of that in very short order. We better have our minds on the turkeys, or else.

4 + (7-2) = 9, 9 + 1 = 10.

From the math it looks like we can lose to both clempson and FSU and still make it to 10.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I was talkin’ regular season, pakfan. But yes thank you, 10 is still possible even with losses to the Tiggers and Noles. Any way, gotta take care of the Hokies first before any of this matters.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I think we’ll finish somewhere between 12-1 and 4-8.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Kinda going out on a limb. I can respect that. But I think you mean somewhere between 13-1 and 4-8

pakfanistan
    Participant

Kinda going out on a limb. I can respect that. But I think you mean somewhere between 13-1 and 4-8

I like the way you think.

I was playing the ‘what if….’ game with myself earlier, and I don’t think we’d make the playoffs if we were 11-1. Actually, lemme revise that, if we won out and blitzed every remaining team on our schedule to the tune of 45-3, we’d make the playoffs.

So yea, 13-1 seems totally possible when I think about it like that.

tjfoose1
    Participant

I was adding the ACC conference championship game. Playoff never entered my mind. But if wanna get crazy, yeah, theoretically, 14-1 is possible.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Oh yeah, the ACC Championship game. I forgot that was a thing.

Viewing 15 posts - 251 through 265 (of 265 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.