FSU thread – Upset Special

Home Forums StateFans Football FSU thread – Upset Special

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Packster
    Participant

That last pass play had zero chance of success. Pathetically terrible.

Packster
    Participant

Someone please make a post so I know I am not alone.

wolfpackdawg
    Participant

Do we have to suffer through another season with DD?

coach13
    Participant

Pathetic. Why would anyone want to come play with this historically pathetic club?

WolfBlood86
    Participant

Vegas wins again!

coach13
    Participant

Agree Packster…May as well have thrown a hail mary to the end zone…it had the same chance….rigged.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Vegas wins again!

yup we beat the spread! Moral victories!!!!

wolfpackdawg
    Participant

Oh…and Fock Clemson.

Wulfpack
    Participant

By all objective measures, Doeren should have been fired yesterday. But who wants Yow making another hire? Why should she when she’s on her way out, too? What coach wants a job not knowing who your boss is going to be? It’s a hot mess, for sure.

rthomas44
    Participant

Wuspack special. God, are we just not good enough to get lucky.

Gowolves
    Participant

Somebody needs to check and see if some of these kids are betting against their own team.

F u for saying that! You disgust me!

WolftownVA81
    Participant

We should have never been in a position to have to come from behind to win. I don’t think I’ll be investing any more time on FB still we have a new staff. Done.

BJD95
    Keymaster

EZU is about to fall to 3-6, 1-4 in their slapdick conference.

In case, you know, you wanted to get angrier.

coyotejoe
    Participant

I actually heard one of our radio guys make the statement after the game “this team is 10 or 11 plays from being 8-1″…one of the greatest leaps of optimism that I have ever heard.

Wufpacker
    Participant

My apologies on behalf of WordPress becoming a huge pain in my ass in the early 3rd qtr my friends.
    But honestly, it was probably beneficial to all of us, ESPECIALLY ME, that I was unable to log back in and make the horrible statements I wanted to make during the 4th qtr. NC SBI would likely be investigating me for terroristic threats.

That’s two we’ve allowed to slip thru our fingers due to…well, never mind. At worst, we should be 6-3 right now, and discussing which bowl we might be able to get if we beat so and so.

The change needs to happen first thing tomorrow or Monday. IMHO.

I could be wrong.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Word Press SUCKS. It posted and then ATE my comment. I guess that tomorrow, I will have to condense them a bit. I learned a LOT from talking to folks that are closer to the situation than I will ever be.

We lost a tough game. If you think that we should fire Coach D, then you also need to think that we strip all the Schollies from the D and the O and the Special Teams. We made a heck of a lot of improvements….not quite as much as we needed, but we were respectable.

We SHOULD be 6 & 3….and maybe ONE of those you can blame on the coaches. BUT, tonight our 2.5 Star talent did a pretty good job of containing or controlling their 4.5 Star counterparts. WufPacker, agrees, except I think you can only blame ONE on Coach Doeren….but MY opinion is NOT what will drive any change.

There will be NO change….unless there is a Ground Swell….and there will have to be “special” arrangements made. IF Coach D is relieved of duty without a “newly formed” Buyout Entity, then we will pay $3 per ticket MORE for 3 years. We will also pay an additional $4 per ticket to get the base up to the “insiders” competitive level….which is 50% MORE that what we are paying Coach Doeren. Concessions will go up 15 = 20% to fund raises for the Assistants….as well.

Unless there is a ground swell from the “troops”, the only way that Coach D will leave is if DY leaves…and she has some solid support as well as her last name. Write Dr. Woodson with helpful suggestions.

choppack1
    Participant

Actually roo – i am with you on this.

I see a program that is so painfully close…we just can’t get over the hump right now.

Put it this way – we went against arguably the best back in college football – and this team decided to abandon the run.

If I felt our players were thugs and malcreants I would dd showed tha door. If I felt we were miles away – the same.

I believe we are oh so close to building something strong and sustainable…but I don’t know if this guy ever gets us there.

The sender comparison is apt. And lets face it, given the futility of the years that followed and our history of outcomes in “proactive” dismissals – maybe we should hope he hangs on.

BassPacker
    Participant

After the ride home from the game, the season long frustration and the extra hour sleep, I may have to agree…..we are close. If you take out our inept kicking game, we would be talking more about which bowl game rather than which coach will we hire. Was impressed how we held one of the leagues top backs intact with D. Just hate those two last plays had zero chance to succeed. The 4th down was into double coverage and out of bounds. DD rolls with Bambard, he gets fired with Bambard.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Woulda shoulda coulda – that’s the talk of losers. And that’s what we are. Look at the record. Four years in, and no big win to speak of. Abominable conference record. Also rans to Clemson, FSU, and Louisville. Meanwhile, the blues down the road have built a solid program. You can’t state you see progress, but then flatly ignore ECU, BC and the punking the Louisville dealt us. You have to take it all as a whole – they all matter. And it is not even close to being good enough.

choppack1
    Participant

Agreed on the last 2 plays basspacker. I wondered why we weren’t attacking the middle of the field in at least one.

Oh well. Brutal season. As frustrating as I can recall.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

7-22 ACC record.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I will never understand how anyone could have seen THAT GAME – against an ok, not great, FSU side…and thought giving away a home win in Year Four is something that is a positive that merits more time.

Yes, DY should be shown the door too. I thought that was obvious.

Rick
    Keymaster

I will never understand how anyone could have seen THAT GAME – against an ok, not great, FSU side…and thought giving away a home win in Year Four is something that is a positive that merits more time.

Yes, DY should be shown the door too. I thought that was obvious.

Our football program is a mess and I see nothing that makes me think it will get any better anytime soon.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

By all objective measures, Doeren should have been fired yesterday. But who wants Yow making another hire? Why should she when she’s on her way out, too? What coach wants a job not knowing who your boss is going to be? It’s a hot mess, for sure.

Only at NCSU could we manage to get ourselves into this predicament. Its unreal actually. Any other competent school would have shown Dave the door last week and most def this week but we simply can’t. Whether its the money aspect or like you mention who is going to come here knowing they get a new boss in 2 seasons? Just another classic #ncstate**** moment.

Fastback68
    Participant

Yow’s contract expires June 2019. 2.5 more years

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.