Force Some Green Vomit (Into the Wind) Game Thread

Home Forums StateFans Football Force Some Green Vomit (Into the Wind) Game Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 349 total)
  • Author
    Wolfanatic
    Participant

Not a touchdown…. AT continues to lead a charmed life….

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Question….on the touchdown that was called back against the Pack in the first half. The touchdown pass to Cole Cook. Did the WR line up improperly in error or was it designed? Skulduggery?

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Not a touchdown…. AT continues to lead a charmed life….

not so fast my friend… things still looking up but they’ve scored more to this point than I’m comfortable with.

And one for the DC, Hux.

Huxtable should get a game ball? Really? They threw 26 times in a hurricane. Give a game ball to ND OC. Maybe if Hux could come with a package deal of having a hurricane EVERY game. Hurricane gave us the win today. Not Hux. I can assure you. Unfortunately you’ll have to see what I’m talking about a week from now.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Troll…

Hux get’s his game ball today for the 1 for 13 on third day and for taking only ONE penalty, alone…
    the rest was a bonus….

Our Defensive kids GOTT some ATTITUDE TODAY and you GOTT to give Hux his due for that….

“When the other Team thinks it’s really tough out there… It’s just getting right for us!”

That’s a DEFENSIVE Football Coach line if I ever heard one…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Hux is a farce.. and I stand by it. Love the win today (thank you mother nature) but Clemson hangs 50+ on Hux a week from now. Louisville will set NCAA records. He’s not good, nor is he “coming along”. All praise today goes to Hurricane Matthew.

TheCOWDOG

Give a game ball to The Pharaoh.
    AND the Peeps!!!

Wolfanatic
    Participant

AT, admit it. Anything more than 0-0, okay, 3-0, makes you uncomfortable… Good luck Troll

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Troll… it’s a Game Ball…. not a Contract Renewal with a Big Raise…
    and as I said in the opening…

If we don’t see this extend thru the end of the season…
    Hux has to give his Balls up!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    JohnGalt78
    Participant

I hear Lou Reed coming from Orange County

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I hear Lou Reed coming from Orange County

… such a perfect day…

BJD95
    Keymaster

Like MLK (or was it Gandhi??) said, “the moral arc of teh universe is long, but it bends towards justice…also, ya know, FUCK Carolina.”

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

VPI was built for hurricanes

YogiNC
    Participant

Over 11 inches and counting, not in the dark but still on the generator but plenty to cheer. We beat the Irish and VT killed unx, showed them for the pretenders they are.

Smarter than the average bear

Adventuroo
    Participant

Did not make the kickoff….but there midway Q1. WOW….Now I can add “Sit through FB game in Hurricane….” The stands were probably 80% full, maybe a little more. YES, they did start to thin out near the half. They were almost deserted during the half….THEN the Evacuate….EVACUATE (OK, it was VOLUNTARY)….but MOST did. Came back in for kick-off. There were probably at least 50% still there….

However, the noise was almost like a Full House. The Decibels per fan was about twice what it would be in a normal stadium. Team looked poised….OK, at least not addeled by the weather. Doeren’s decision (I think) to select the goal to receive was a good call. However, he needs to thank the D for their efforts. That Punt/Fumble recovery seemed to give the team a major shot of energy. The Ref’s did little to enamorate themselves with the crowd. Wife was in car and she said that Announcers agreed with the “measured” calls. However the 4th “Out of Bounds” call, based on the JumboTron looked like it was missed…

Just finished watching the Heels get “Hurricaned by a Wahoo”. The HAT did not look happy.

Wake County (don’t know about others) is a disaster tonight….now NOT to the extent that the counties that are getting hammered probably are….but Gormon Street was closed between Avent Ferry and I-40….had to re-route. Then drove under a fallen tree and around other downed trees to get home and find (SURPRISE…SURPRISE….S>U>R>P>R>I>S>E) NO power. This is not the usual Neighborhood feeder, but a major one for the Lake Wheeler area. ABC11 is running footage of a High Water rescue on Lake Wheeler road where 3 cars with passengers are trapped. I have driven that stretch many times and NEVER imagined water that high….and I survived Fran.

No cable and Digital OTA Antenna is pixelating…..ODD, though, my ATT Uverse DSL is still functional. Genny is purring (OK, it is a little louder than that…) and we have 120 VAC in the critical circuits…

RDU only (as of this posting) has 6 1/4″ of rain. Lake Wheeler (NCSU Research Farm) has had 8. At 11:00 and Noon hours, it was coming down at an INCH per hour, then tapered off to only 3/4″ for the next two.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Let’s hope they are still butthurt for Miami next week. A loss there, especially if Da U wins tonight, and it would take a miracle for the Holes to repeat in the coastal.

Even though it would be fun to beat them in their house with that on the line (and we SHOULD beat them), I’d rather take no chances.

ryebread
    Participant

Good win for the Pack. I guess we out coached ND today. I’ve never been impressed by Kelly, but his insistence on passing in those conditions did us a huge favor.

My guess is they’d watched too much tape of our secondary and figured something would eventually break their way for a long gain. I thought our D did a nice job of tackling most of the day and not over pursuing.

Recruiting rankings aside, I thought we had more talent than ND. We looked better on both lines, our RBs were better and the QB position was a push. This isn’t the same ND team that they have some years.

Game ball has to go to the fans who showed up today and then sat through as long as they did. Those were tough conditions, and anyone who stayed the whole game earned their “fan card.” I imagine it is one where 100k people will claim to have been there.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Rye,

My thoughts exactly. I sang the Alma Mater and saluted the band as well. THEY had a tough gig today.

You are correct….over 100K will claim “they were there….for the entire game”. BUT, according to much scientific research, that number will morph (as do the crowd sizes reported at some political and “moral” events by the local news media) to 250K telling their GK’s that they ARE WIMPS and that THEY sat through a Hurricane to watch their beloved Pack soundly trounce the “Irish”. Many of the fans, as I did, stopped and told one or two LEO’s that we appreciated THEM also. One almost teared up and shook my hand….

Was a great game….sometimes uncomfortable (to watch as well as endure) at times…but in the end….we WON.

I have NOT gone back to all the comments, but did anybody discuss ND’s “totally baffling….spelled S>T>U>PI>D….time out decisions at the end. WHY did they NOT call TO? They could have regrouped on D. THEN, it was like….”we will let NO TO be wasted” and did the idiotic TO calls for a “Knee Down” formation. Did they think we were gonna cough up the ball them? I don’t understand it….

Pack78
    Participant

Back in from the game and all dried out (well on the outside anyway)…the Domers Gott a couple of real gift 4th down spots on their last drive, so the worm-burner snap evened things up, never should have been that close to scoring. Good win for our side…biased view from Sec. 30: the better team won!

tractor57
    Participant

I would give the game ball to the defense and the weather. Kelly get a runner up position.

Greywolf
    Participant

Love the win today (thank you mother nature) but Clemson hangs 50+ on Hux a week from now. Louisville will set NCAA records.

Yeah, it’s too bad ND had to play in the weather and the Pack didn’t.

Wanna put your money where your mouth is?
    How about a C-note on Clemson hanging 50 on our defense and say 3 on L’ville setting NCAA records? Dog, will you hold the money?

I realize 3 C-notes want cover your mouth. If the money is too much, let’s do it this way: if Clemson hangs 50 on us, I’ll stay away from these boards for a week. If not, you refrain from commenting for the week?

Gowolves
    Participant

Rutgers picks up a first down midway through the fourth quarter. N.C. State remains the only team since 1990 to go a full game without allowing a first down. Michigan leads 71-0 with 7 minutes remaining.

We have this cool stat! Tweeted by Dan Murphy tonight.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Well I thought the game showed no snap was a sure thing.

choppack1
    Participant

Game was tons of fun. We won a slobber-knocker with the domers and I hope a lot of folks on the southeast got to enjoy it in thecomfort of their own home.

Funny that Kelly thought that this was just going to be a bunch of rain and his qb would throw for 300 yards like he did vs Clemson. I guess he learned the difference today between playing in a lot of rain and playing in a lot of rain and a hurricane.

I also like that be basically made an ultimatum and had to eat some crow.

Props to the fans who attended…I was there and in spite of executing my bad weather plan perfectlyi didn’t meet the expected results.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

How about a C-note on Clemson hanging 50 on our defense and say 3 on L’ville setting NCAA records? Dog, will you hold the money?

How about one million dollars?! NO, TWO MILLION! And you can bet me a BILLION dollars that DD & Hux coaches our team 50 more years and nary a point to ever be scored again on Hux’s vaunted defense. And if one of us loses and doesn’t pay we can meet by the flagpole after school and prove our manhood.

You’re fiesty to be certain, greywolf. It’s great to be loyal but I’m not so sure we even needed to trot the secondary out on the field yesterday. Thankfully Brian Kelly is is as stubborn (or stupid) as you are loyal and decided to employ a down the field aerial attack during a hurricane with a 50 pound wet ball. A kudos to our boys for stuffing their run game, but that’s where my kudos end.

I fully expect, based on an established track record, that the defense we all know and hate to show back up the remainder of the season. I don’t know what you expect, but it’s your opinion and it’s probably a lot different than mine. And that’s okay. It’d be a dull world if everyone’s opinions were the same.

Enjoy your Sunday.

YogiNC
    Participant

Considering there were a lot of ND passes that weren’t well thrown I saw a lot of pretty darned good coverage. The secondary knocked quite a few away at very opportune times. Sorry AT but from my perspective the whole D played pretty well. In most games with a really sloppy field I have seen great receivers eat the secondary alive since they know where they’re going the the defenders don’t. I didn’t see many times yesterday where their receivers were wide open that much, and the coverage was what allowed the D line to put relentless pressure on their QB. And we could have made it really ugly if that TD pass wasn’t called back and we’d have stuffed it in from the 3. Both were bone head plays by the offense. From where I sit the D and Matthew won that game.

Smarter than the average bear

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 349 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.