Football – Key Notes

Home Forums StateFans Football Football – Key Notes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

With all of the emphasis on basketball in recent weeks we wanted to make sure that you didn’t miss out on some key (good) news for the NC State Football program.

* As we shared on the blog a couple of weeks ago (link) — Robert Crisp has been granted a medical redshirt by the NCAA.

* Starting safety, Jarvis Byrd, has also received a medical redshirt for a 6th year of eligibility. This is great news for the Wolfpack as we basically just re-added two starters back to the fold unexpectedly.

* Bryant Shirreffs Note is practicing at tailback. I must admit that one of he enigmas of Matt Canada & Dave Doeren’s offensive play calling was the disappearance of Shirreffs in the second half of the year. Ultimately, State’s offense COMPLETELY stalled with Brandon Mitchell and Pete Thomas and I never understood why we didn’t at least try some of the ‘change-ups’ with Shirreffs that had been somewhat successful earlier in the season. It ain’t like it could’ve hurt.

packbackr04
    Participant

I read elsewhere that the football team twitter indicated they will be making a HUGE announcement this week. Wonder what that could be?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.