Football Game Tonight… 12-31

Home Forums StateFans Football Football Game Tonight… 12-31

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Yellow Jackets v. Miss State…

Since both are land grant schools… the Shadow Pack ought to feel right at home…

8:00pm ET right here in the SFN TV room…
    this channel…

… especially well suited for those who don’t know a DD …

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

it’s a pretty entertaining game … both teams playing hard..
    no clear favorite…
    at the half… 21-20 Tech…

and MissState’s coach is a homer…

… referring to the Hail Mary TD at the of the half… he says…

“We practice that play every week… and told the kids… ‘You don’t need it until you need it’… and we needed it… ”

Ok… so we GOTT Homer … where’s Gomer…
    Shazzam!

tjfoose1
    Participant

Bees starting to lay it on Miss St. But how can this be? Thought opponents were supposed to fall to their knees whenever an SEC team walked on to the playing field.

Amazing how all those ‘mighty’ SEC defenses have crumpled when faced with offenses no longer residing in the dark ages of ‘old man’ football, in conference, and out.

Overrated and exposed.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Yep ‘foose…

Tech BEEs steam rolling MissStateDogs…

one’s GOTT their ears back and the other has their tails between their legs…

BEEs up 3 TDs now and over 400yds rushing with the fourth quarter yet to be played…

redwolf87
    Participant

I am stunned at how abysmal the attendance is for this game.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Bees starting to lay it on Miss St. But how can this be? Thought opponents were supposed to fall to their knees whenever an SEC team walked on to the playing field.

Haha 🙂

SEC took it on the chin today … ‘b-b-b-but Ole Miss beat Bama!’. I’m not sure why it’s just glossed over when SEC teams lose in non-championship bowls. Alabama lost badly to Utah a few seasons ago after missing out on the title game and you heard literally nothing about it. I dunno.

I do know that the OOC schedules for SEC teams are abhorrent. Why the conference as a whole is just given a pass on this beyond me. SEC is the new Notre Dame -ranked highly because of name. Yep, I went there.

I can’t effing stand Ohio St., but I’d be just fine if they beat ‘Bama and then get throttled by either Oregon or Florida State.

Texpack
    Participant

After today’s results, the mighty, unbeatable, other worldly, center of the football universe SEC stands at 8-9 against OOC P5 teams. Two of their “great” teams lost today by a combined 91-37. It’s ESPN trying to protect their investment in the SEC Network. I wrote enough tuition checks to The Ohio State University that I will be all in for the Buckeyes tomorrow night.

Wulfpack
    Participant

These are all very interesting points. It does seem true that they get a pass when they lose. Miss State hasn’t played good ball in a long while. Congrats to the Jackets – very solid year.

Speaking of Ohio State – how unbearable is it going to be to watch the Meyer/Harbaugh chronicles? Two fantastic coaches, but can’t stand either of them.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^ Just what else is there to do in Ohio or Michigan…

They ain’tGOTT no beach…
    They ain’tGOTT no mountains…
    They ain’tGOTT no jobs…

Good people but they ain’tGOTT no where to go…

When you’re the biggest (only) attraction is the State…
    and you doGOTT a half a million people or more sitting in your stadium every season…
    You deserve each other… so have fun with it…

As for the rest of us… thanks for the invitation to your party…
    but sorry, we have a longstanding prior engagement…

.. and remember, both of ya’ll doGOTT to beat the Spartans…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.