Football Fallout: Recruits De-Committing from DD

Home Forums StateFans Football Football Fallout: Recruits De-Committing from DD

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    choppack1
    Participant

TAT – I don’t think that’s a fair criticism of Yow. Doeren’s personality is fine – it’s his decision-making that got us into this bind.

He has proven if handed all the right ingredients, he can make a good cake. He hasn’t shown he can make a cake from scratch or make a better cake than his neighbor when his neighbor has better ingredients.

The school needs someone who can do bake a better cake with lesser ingredients. Now, there is the chance that DD can become so good cooking the cake with these ingredients that he can outlook those advantaged neighbors while they try to figure out how to cook with new ones.

And it’s basically come to that at this point in all likelihood. Huge game Saturday for any kind of hope.

pakfanistan
    Participant

The school needs someone who can do bake a better cake with lesser ingredients.

Describe the ingredients NC State has for a cake in your own words….

Hush puppy mix,
    I can’t believe it’s not butter,
    two dozen of those little single serve unrefrigerated half & halfs from Waffle House,
    baking soda,
    1/2 of a bottle of green label Jack Daniels,
    two green bananas.

choppack1
    Participant

Packfanistan – I would say that we have average ingredients. Heck, we haven’t had an awesome cook, but we have been able to make some good cakes.

Our last great chef left too early. We definitely don’t have great ingredients. But not every program who has built had them either.

McCallum
    Participant

The chef we have mixing the ingredients ain’t no Julia Child for sure.

What we have is more like the old waitress at the long defunct Sandhills Cafe in Candor NC who would regularly cuss out customers. When a customer ordered a hotdog and fries, she brought them soup she was told “I ordered a hotdog and fries”.

Her response, “eat the goddamn soup, it’s good for you”.

Decent metaphor for what State folks are told constantly.

McCallum

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

He has proven if handed all the right ingredients, he can make a good cake.

I’d argue the cake was already made for him. And it was extravagant. And his primary competition in that particular bake off? Cupcakes.

He’s at least got some business savvy.. jumping ship and getting a pay bump after only two years at the helm once his QB exhausted eligibility.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.