Football Conference Realignment…Slight Return

Home Forums StateFans Football Football Conference Realignment…Slight Return

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    carlosphat
    Participant

This one was interesting if a bit long, but with one creepy twist. Says that media money is driving everything. (Okay that makes sense.) But then, says that the Triangle isn’t big enough to support three power conference teams, and guess who it says might be dropping down to the AAC. There’s a lot of other stuff in it too, but that’s the part that jumped out at me for obvious reasons.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

What are you taking about?

PS: You should really make an effort to insure that your first topic actually makes sense.

FergusWolf
    Participant

Probably would have helped (although only slightly) if he would have linked the article he’s talking about…

It’s here: Link to article

That being said, this was written by someone who is speculating how he thinks things would change if all of the assumptions he is making is correct. In other words…he’s pretty much making stuff up.

tractor57
    Participant

Interesting speculation but as Fergus says at this point making it up. Will that happen? Possibly as he is right the driver is money (and mostly TV money). I would be interested in seeing actual ratings numbers. For me my viewing of college football has dropped with expanded watching options. That said I am not the prime demographic.

FergusWolf
    Participant

He does introduce the concept of relegation into the college landscape, which I think would be a fantastic idea. There needs to be some penalty for being a dumpster-fire like suckfest.

But, the branding would have to be handled carefully, as colleges won’t accept changing conferences, it would have to be divisions or something.

Still, I’d be surprised if ANYTHING he says actually happens, college football makes so much money now that they aren’t going to take a chance of breaking a good thing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.