Football Adds Non-Conference Opponents

Home Forums StateFans Football Football Adds Non-Conference Opponents

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

RALEIGH, N.C. — Over the next 10 years, North Carolina State University will add three new football opponents. The school announced home-and-home series Tuesday against Texas Tech, Connecticut and Vanderbilt.

The first two of those series will start at Carter-Finley. The Wolfpack welcomes the Texas Tech Red Radiers and UConn Huskies in 2022 and travels to Connecticut the following year and to Lubbock, Texas, in 2027.

The series against Vanderbilt starts in Nashville in 2026, and the Commodores come to Raleigh in the 2028 season.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/pack-adds-uconn-texas-tech-and-vandy-as-future-football-opponents/15650839/#fKMfvEwy0abV0chB.99

BJD95
    Keymaster

These are solid, if not spectacular series, and the kind we always should have had NO TROUBLE scheduling.

/waits for the inevitable buyouts to play Florida Atlantic

Classof89
    Participant

yeah, I remember how excited people were about the Tennessee and LSU home and homes, until they were bought out. Heck, even Navy bought out a return to Carter-Finley.

highstick
    Participant

I suspect none of these games will ever happen as scheduled…We will be on probation for having “NC” in our name even though we didn’t do anything..

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

redisgood
    Participant

I just saw season ticket sales have already gone over 35,000 for only the 3rd time. I guess the improved schedule, esp Notre Dame is helping, and people are still optimistic about the program. The trick will be to have a great season and bring them all back next year. I’m happy about the schedule, and if one of the QBs steps up, our offense could be fun to watch.

StateFans
    Keymaster

N.C. State’s scheduled non-conference opponents:
    2016: William & Mary, at ECU, Old Dominion, Notre Dame
    2017: vs. South Carolina (Charlotte), at Notre Dame, Marshall, Furman
    2018: West Virginia, at Marshall, Georgia State, James Madison
    2019: at West Virginia, Ball State, ECU, Western Carolina
    2020: Mississippi State, Delaware, at Troy
    2021: at Mississippi State, Furman
    2022: Texas Tech, UConn, at ECU, Charleston Southern
    2023: Notre Dame, at UConn, VMI
    2024: Western Carolina
    2025: at Notre Dame
    2026: at Vanderbilt
    2027: at Texas Tech
    2028: Vanderbilt

TheCOWDOG

Meanwhile, I think State added something else to the program…A QB from the land of spuds and blue carpet.

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ An immediately eligible blue spudded carpet, even.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.