Follow Up on Nyheim Hines and Mike Hughes Preview

Home Forums All StateFansNation Follow Up on Nyheim Hines and Mike Hughes Preview

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Bsim412
    Participant

Today Nyheim Hines finally made it official and committed to NC State. Hines picked The Wolfpack over Duke, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Ohio State,
    [See the full post at: Follow Up on Nyheim Hines and Mike Hughes Preview]

Greywolf
    Participant

Is Musselwhite a committed preferred walk-on? Can you tell us exactly what Preferred walk-on means?

Bsim412
    Participant

A preferred walk-on means that the coaches extend an invitation for you to be on the team but without a scholarship therefore you have to pay like a regular student.

PackFamily
    Participant

Are there additional benefits for “preferred walk-on”, like free meals with the team, etc.?

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Thanks for the rundown.

choppack1
    Participant

A preferred walk-on has been told “there’s a spot for you on this team, but not a scholarship.” If you aren’t a preferred walk-on you are trying out. Rudy was not a preferred walk-on.

These spots are used for kids who warrant scholarships at smaller schools.

redisgood
    Participant

247 Sports has moved us up 20 spots to #35 with the Hines signing. Hughes signing should bump us up a few ticks Monday, and if we somehow land Frasier we will be solidly in the top 25.

Greywolf
    Participant

We have 5 2-star recruits, one of which is a long snapper. Two of the other 4 are generally thought to be underrated. More important than the ranking IMO is the fact that we are getting recruits in the areas of greatest need.

Based on our coach’s track record I have a feeling that the remaining 2-star recruits could turn out to be underrated as well.

We’ll never know until they are enrolled and actually performing on the field but it sure is fun speculating on what our commits will mean to our football team.

When I look at who we have coming back, who we have red-shirting and this list of recruits, I get so excited I almost sh!t myself.

Thank you Randy for hiring Debbie, Debbie for hiring Dave and Dave for hiring a great staff.

blpack
    Participant

Things are looking up. It has been bumpy, but the team has turned the corner and recruiting is rolling. Building for 2015 and beyond.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.