Florida State open game thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Florida State open game thread

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 399 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

I really wish I could hate Jimbo.
    Class move there with Brissett.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

+1 Wuf…

if these kids (freshman and sophs. can do this now.. just add two years..

Beside Roundball officially starts in NINETEEN days….

We GOTT this!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Gonna watch Mizzou/Chickens and Duke/Miami. After Cal/CO shootout ends. Hate the Holes too much to watch, unless they’re down 4+ scores.

Rick
    Keymaster

I really wish I could hate Jimbo.
    Class move there with Brissett.

What did he do with brissett?

I have always liked him but that pansy fake injuries put a hurt on that.

john of sparta
    Participant

The Chest and TOB did it twice.
    even O’Cain did it once.
    DD broke the curse.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Cal does not know how to hold the seemingly insurmountable late lead. Like, at all.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

+1 Wuf on that Standing 0…

if these kids (freshman and sophs ) can do this… think two years…

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Maybe you’re right about Louisville, Bjd – but I haven’t been overly impressed with them.

(Of course, the same could be said for FSU – we’ll see).

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

ROUNDBALL … officially starts in 19 days….

We GOTT this!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Jimbo was giving post game onfield interview and Brissett came by to congratulate him. He stopped interview to ask Jacoby to wait, talked him up to interviewer, then pulled him aside to presumably give him private atta boys.

Rick
    Keymaster

I am glad he did that. That was classy

YogiNC
    Participant

Too bad Winston wasn’t benched this week, we would have smoked ’em. Suddenly I feel real good about the rest of the schedule. IMO we even have a shot at the tiggers next week. BC lost today, the lou just did get by Wake, and the irish will kill cuse tonight. I think we have a very good chance at a real decent season. And I’m really impressed at the play from our young folks. And mark this, tonight’s game WILL make a difference in recruiting. The kids who were there tonight saw us hold our own against FSU. You gotta know most of them went to that game expecting them to blow us off the field. That DID NOT happen.

Smarter than the average bear

Gowolves
    Participant

I am Proud of this team. I know they are hurting right now but they gave great effort. This game bodes well for the future. They just need some defensive studs. Nothing to ashamed of!

tjfoose1
    Participant

Great effort from the Wolfpack, great game. Aside from the questionable ending, game played out to script for what needed to happen for a Wolfpack victory.

You of the Wolfpack ‘sunshine’ crew can suck it.

Aside from about 4 of the middle game Wildcat plays (which given the situation and circumstance, I still don’t understand), Canada called pretty damn close to a perfect game.

Lost ALL respect for FSU. All respect. Without the graduates of the Keanu School of Acting, the Wolfpack wins the game. No doubt, no question.

Jacoby IS the next great Wolfpack QB. Fernandez, something there.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Without the graduates of the Keanu School of Acting, the Wolfpack eins the game. No doubt, no question.

You can’t possibly be serious.

tjfoose1
    Participant

You can’t possibly be serious.

I am absolutely 100% serious. Given when they happened, why they happened, what was happening when game play was stopped, what happened (and why, and who forced it) immediately after game play resumed, I am absolutely 100% serious.

The “injuries” did not happen in a vacuum.

tjfoose1
    Participant

I have been pulling for FSU recently but this fake injury crap has stopped that.

Same here. I thought nothing of it until the 3rd or 4th one, while noting when they happened. I asked those around me if Jimbo had hired Coach K as a consultant.

If I were Doreen I would have one of my players faking an injury Evey play to make a point.

I mentioned that myself to those around me… said it would be ‘something’ if we had the entire defense fall down on the last play and fake an injury to make a point.

Probably not think it was such a great idea in the morning, but at the time, would have been satisfying to publicly make my point to all of college football.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

Just left Carter Finley and needless to say that I am so proud of our Pack. I’d really like to know how many yards rushing Shadrach had after first contact. That young man was unbelievable today and reminded me a lot of TA McClendon with his ability to finish his runs. What a 180 turn based on our performance last year vs. the Seminoles.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

One other positive…. Rosenboro visited us today while Michigan loses again. With Hoke on the way out, maybe this will convince him to stay in state and reverse his commitment 🙂

TheCOWDOG

Hey…Your GD right ‘foose.

Va…Va…Ya missed it, brother.

tjfoose1
    Participant

This coaching staff ain’t of the roller coaster variety. I saw lots that reaffirmed my thoughts tonight. We’re still in the middle of judging, but I damn well sure like what I’m seeing.

Next week is another huge test for this team, for these coaches. I ain’t talking about the opponent.

I’ll say it yet AGAIN. We are lucky to have Doeren and Canada. My biggest concern is our ability to keep them. Hopefully family and quality of life issues are notches in our column.

Defense has a way to go, but improvements continue. I’m not gonna fault a brunette for not being a blonde, nor a blonde for no red, and visa-versy 6 ways around.

bill-1956
    Participant

Just got home from the game. Great effort. Hard played game by both teams.

The future is full of potential for NC State.

TheCOWDOG

Drop to stop.

tjfoose1
    Participant

yup

wufpup76
    Keymaster

FSU fans vilifying NCSU fans across the web for booing ‘injured’ players.

My opinion is that the ‘injury’ before Brisset’s second fumble was a dive. I’ll re-watch the dvr later, though.

In the three close games we’ve had this season, all of our ‘full speed’ drives in the 4th quarter of each respective contest have been slowed due to opponent injury. While I agree that it is low brow to boo injuries, this ‘injury stoppage’ is trending to be more than a coincidence.

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 399 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.