First Wave of Coaching Changes

Home Forums StateFans Basketball First Wave of Coaching Changes

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 259 total)
  • Author
    Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Bama says “money is no object” when it comes to hiring a new coach. I don’t think Marshall would go there, they have little basketball history and football will always be their first, second, third and last loves.

I do worry a bit that Archie Miller could go there.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

SEC apparently has a new coach

More ‘exciting’ basketball!

I really hope GOTT & Company does not lose any more assistant coaches this season than this one…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

SEC apparently has a new coach

More ‘exciting’ basketball!

I really hope GOTT & Company does not lose any more assistant coaches this season…
    One is enough.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

In other news, Herb Sendek is supposed to meet with the Arizona State AD today to find out if he still has a job there.

I wonder if Bobby Hurley would make a good replacement. Don’t see Archie going against his brother at Arizona’s rival school, and they can forget Gregg Marshall.

redisgood
    Participant

In other news, Herb Sendek is supposed to meet with the Arizona State AD today to find out if he still has a job.

Herb still hasn’t reached his potential. Next stop, Prairie View A&M.

MBS
    Participant

Sounds like Arizona State is the new “most unreasonable fan base in America.”

FergusWolf
    Participant

Seeings how (as you all remember too well) that Herb left us (we didn’t fire him), maybe, must maybe, if (when) ASU fires his {expletive deleted}, he would be willing to come back and take over our program again.

old13
    Participant
    wufpup76
    Keymaster
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

Price has accepted the Charlotte head coaching job

I archived the link b/c it’s a Goodman article and I don’t want his crap to get hits 😛

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Mark Price had the prettiest three-point shot that I have ever seen.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Terms are not disclosed, but Dayton signs Archie through 2022.

Kudos to them for getting a long term deal in place so quickly after this season.

rdjennin
    Participant

Donnie Tyndall out at Tennessee. Having so many issues with coaches with NCAA infractions, you think there is any chance they hire HWSNBN?

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Donnie Tyndal has been fired at Tennessee.

Lot of turmoil at that program from Pearl to Martin to Tyndall within just a few years … now they need another coach. Not sure if they’re facing sanctions.

Edit: Tenn is probably ok; Southern Miss likely to get hit though.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Gregg Marshall’s biggest coaching decision of his life now awaits him

It’s no guarantee he’ll leave, but things are about to get very interesting. The big story from C-Town on Thursday night — outside of that smothering Kentucky did against West Virginia — is what Marshall’s future holds. His season is now over. The time has come for others to bear gifts for Marshall’s services. If he does leave Wichita, it will have some of the biggest ripple effects in college basketball this offseason. Will he take the Alabama job? Is Texas going to open, and if it does, will Marshall be the No. 1 target?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25124912

I could see him taking the Texas job if it was available and offered. I would be a little surprised if he goes to Alabama based on earlier comments he has made about wanting to coach a winner.

PackFan
    Participant

They showed the Vols AD’s press conference here in TN (instead of The Price is Right! :)). He said that a very recent conversation with the NCAA was what led them to fire Tyndall; he also stated that as of a very recent conversation, Tennessee was clear as far as penalties go. They are looking for someone with experience and success, and the ability to recruit. I wonder if the price for Marshall just went up?

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Bilas loves him some Sendek while also saying nice things about Capel.

“The biggest home run would have been to keep Herb Sendek,” Jay Bilas told Burns and Gambo Wednesday on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. “I think Herb was a terrific coach. I think at Arizona State, if you have somebody that doesn’t hang as many Final Four banners as they already had hanging up there, then that’s fine to fire him.

“But they didn’t have any. So until the institution makes a commitment to basketball, they’re going to keep getting the same results no matter who they hire.”

http://arizonasports.com/74/1819877/ESPNs-Jay-Bilas-Arizona-State-keeping-Herb-Sendek-would-have-been-biggest-home-run

Gowolves
    Participant

Lavin and St. Johns have parted ways. Seems like teams are getting involved in the Gregg Marshall sweepstakes.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Jay Bilas – a wanker among wankers.

Mike
    Participant

HWSNBN must have some compromising photos of Bilas somewhere. Anyone remember the pics of Reggie Love? Maybe Bilas was in on those.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Texas AD Steve Patterson: Rick Barnes must fire assistants or be fired himself
    http://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/3/26/8298399/steve-patterson-rick-barnes-texas-basketball-fire-assistants

Texas head coach Rick Barnes not expected to return

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Texas-head-coach-Rick-Barnes-not-expected-to-return-36439238

VaWolf82
    Keymaster
    BJD95
    Keymaster

This is kind of neat, heads rolling all over the place.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Possible candidates for next tennesse basketball coach

http://www.knoxnews.com/govolsxtra/basketball/possible-candidates-for-next-ut-basketball-coach_87426477

This article reads like someone is throwing some mud up against the wall (like the coaching search threads around here). But it serves as a nice summary of the hot names that we’ll see for the next month or so.

Texpack
    Participant

I’m concerned about possible mid-air collisions with all of these searches going on. If Barnes moves to Knoxville he can save on wardrobe costs by continuing to wear orange stuff that has UT on it. Gott’s name will surface in one of these for sure. Especially if we win one or two more games.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 259 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.