Final Wake-Up Call FOAR Wolven Sort Game Thread

Home Forums StateFans Football Final Wake-Up Call FOAR Wolven Sort Game Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Golly shucks darn! CD beefing with the refs, after a win no less, I thought I’d never see the day.

TheCOWDOG

After a win. Big difference, AT.
    The Pack overcame a Line Judge that does not know rules of engagement, and a Backfield Judge nearly as incompetent.

However, the boys persevered.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

just bustin your balls you’re a good man CD

Rick
    Keymaster

Refs were bad?
    Interesting to see the complaints about them.

Heelh8r
    Participant

So what is FG range for us these days?
    I’m seriously asking, btw.

Gott your answer – 49+ yds. Pay attention, Bambard is kicking good. I know he missed xtra point but he’s kicking great

Heelh8r
    Participant

dunno who Kelvin Harmon is…but nice catch!!

He’s a freshman…and has already made quite a few great catches…none greater than that one

Heelh8r
    Participant

I’m with CD…none of the late hits looked legit to me. The targeting was, but the other one that was overturned shouldn’t have even been a penalty

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

make some effing catches next week, and week after, etc, and we’ll be good

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

when’s last time we been 1-0 in conference? Serious question… i dunno

Heelh8r
    Participant

Oh..They did have a chip on their shoulders.

Interesting point. I saw it too. Another sideline penalty. Personal fouls. Are we talking or acting in a manner that gets the refs pissed at us?

john of sparta
    Participant

“So what is FG range for us these days?”
    just like everyone else: 50 yards.
    catch a calm night in the Panhandle
    of Florida: over 55 yards.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Participant

TheCOWDOG wrote:

Oh..They did have a chip on their shoulders.

Interesting point. I saw it too. Another sideline penalty. Personal fouls. Are we talking or acting in a manner that gets the refs pissed at us?

Not Dave. I don’t buy it. BUT, if so, mucho kudos.

TheCOWDOG

^
    Naw. The chip stuff I was looking for was always intended for guys with a uni number.

choppack1
    Participant

I have never been so baffled by the officiating and come out on the right side of it.

Solid game by the team. Horrendous showing by the students….end zones were virtually empty in the second half. Embarrassing.

ECU booed their own matching band today after they kneeled for the national anthem….good for them.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Speaking of taking a KNEE. I am in Section 26. I am an EX (very long ago) alumni of “The NC State Marching Band” (aka….The most feared power sound of the south). Today, TWO of our Trmbonists “Took a Knee” and did NOT play during the National Anthem. That irritated me. These students are getting classroom credit and also prime entertainment for participating. NOW, I know from experience that they put in long hours in the Band.

BUT, it is THEIR JOB to play. IF they did NOT want to play, then they should have gone to the sideline. NOPE, they were on the outside (We would call them the Left (and the next) Guides. The Right Guides were the leaders who kept the lines straight. It was the responsibility of the LEFT guides to also be on the same yard marker and then all of us “lower feeding trough folks” were supposed to check to our RIGHT and then our LEFT and keep the lines straight. SO, these two were a little higher on the food chain.

One was of AFAM persuasion and the other was not. I did NOT notice any other members taking a knee. THAT galls me….and I will express my displeasure to the appropriate folks.

If you saw it and it bothered you….follow suit. If you agree, then also follow suit….

choppack1
    Participant

Not surprising roo. Like I said a week or two ago, others would follow. One can only hope that in 10-15 years these kids will look back and see how stupid they were.

Adventuroo
    Participant

The Band has a job to do. They volunteer and receive “benefits”. Iit is THEIR job to play These two individuals decided to use the BAND’s performance as a public protest. If they were dedicated musicians, then they COULD have played while kneeling….it ain’t, as a past trombone player, that hard.

They also could have excused themselves from the field and played or knelt off field. Then quickly caught back up with the next routine.

SO, they let down their teammates, the fans and also reneged on their commitment or the requirements for being a member of the band. Colin K. STILL plays ball, he just does NOT respect the National Anthem. It was the Band Member’s Requirement to PLAY IT….otherwise, why were they there….

I think that the only sane voice we have heard about this whole “protest” thing (BLM, America is not fair, Gender Mania, etc.) was the President of Notre Dame. He sounds like a reasonable person and I applaud him for taking a stand.

As Spock said….the Needs of the Many outweigh the Needs of the Few….

I started to text the “I am being hassled” number and report Offensive, Unsportsmanlike and Trigger Behavior…on the field by these two band members…..They let down THEIR team…. I guess we will see HOW it plays out…..

Fastback68
    Participant

Did anyone else see the Jumbotron dancing girl expose herself? I thought it was my bourbon talking but then why did the entire stadium gasp. Lmfao

Adventuroo
    Participant

Yes. She should have won. I was watching. Could not tell if it was an untethered…as in no bra situation or if it was just a top coming off a bra restrained female asset.

We were denied a replay.

Wufpacker
    Participant

One was of AFAM persuasion and the other was not. I did NOT notice any other members taking a knee. THAT galls me….and I will express my displeasure to the appropriate folks.

When you do, I highly suggest you leave out the part about one of the kid’s races. First it’s immaterial. Second it will make your opinion easily dismissed as racist and any meaningful discourse on the matter will be moot at that point.

I happen to agree that the band members are there to perform and should be called out for not doing so. Stay off the field otherwise. Even if you’re white.

(yes, that last sentence is intended to make a point)

Wufpacker
    Participant

And in spite of my last post above, please let’s keep it on topic about the Wake game and a celebration of a good win. Let’s enjoy this win and the fellowship of it.

I’ll start…just in case anyone missed my mea culpa yesterday post game.

I was convinced that Wake would roll us in this game. I wasn’t shy about offering that opinion a couple of times earlier in the week. And I am hereby EATING MY CROW!!!!! And damn happy to be doing it, lemme tell ya.

With only a few exceptions, we executed yesterday. We executed a very well laid game plan. The players, but also DD and staff, deserve kudos for this one. I’m man enough to admit I was wrong about this game. Now I look forward to hopefully being proven wrong about DD and staff overall. The time is now.

Condensed version: My desire for immediate pink slips has at least been delayed. 😉

Adventuroo
    Participant

My point was that it was equally divided…have no idea about their ethnicity….both could have been Hispanic as skin colour varies…. travel to Mexico and observe the populace.

Did send an email to various NCSU folks…one response already.

At least our fans did not boo the band like the ECU crowd reportedly did.

Refs missed wardrobe malfunction…. otherwise 15 yards for unsportswomanlike conduct.

McCallum
    Participant

When you do, I highly suggest you leave out the part about one of the kid’s races. First it’s immaterial. Second it will make your opinion easily dismissed as racist and any meaningful discourse on the matter will be moot at that point.

I disagree in total with this point.

This is a racial issue in as much as these “protests” concern what has been deemed as unacceptable civil authority behavior toward a certain race.

Any statistical analysis will overwhelmingly show massive differences in criminal activity when racial makeup is examined.

These “protestors” can not use race as a cause then excuse themselves (or be excused) from the discussion due to race.

A discussion for another time but open discussion is needed void of filters.

McCallum

Wufpacker
    Participant

Agreed it’s a racial subject. That wasn’t my point. My point was about how ‘Roo’s very valid opinion about band members’ behaviour would or wouldn’t be received by the PTB at NCSU.

And as I just said, please…let’s keep this on the game. If we want to discuss this, start a new thread. You all have the ability to do that.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Refs missed wardrobe malfunction…. otherwise 15 yards for unsportswomanlike conduct.

Yeah I heard about that but missed it personally.
    Were they at least symmetrical and deliciously juicy?
    😀

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 191 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.