Final Four / Weekend open thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Final Four / Weekend open thread

• This topic has 299 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by 13OT.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 300 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

Stories and info

Are you ready for unyielding NARRATIVE? Are you ready to hear the joy and glee in sportscasters and sportswriters respective voices and words because they have so much narrative to dispense upon? Are you ready to hear about how ‘This is how the Final Four always should be!’ and how you should just give in and join in on the slurping of the blue bloods and elites?

I’ll watch … on mute. Though it could be fun to tune in to the various ‘homer-casts’.

Don’t forget – not on CBS again this year. TBS is the Jim Nantz / Masters-vision broadcast (Tiger Woods is bound to be mentioned 10+ times – this should be a prop bet in Vegas), TNT & TruTv are the homer-casts. For some reason, TBS pre-game starts at 3pm … I can’t imagine not going insane hearing the same storylines over-and-over for 3+ hours until game time.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Homer-vision is nothing new. ACCN has experimented with it for years. Verne the Hutt all but perfected it as I recall just a couple of weeks ago.

I wonder if Grant Hill is sad that he’s on the “A” team and can’t go all homerpocalypse with Allah Elbownubby.

Might have to drop in for MSU’s, just to pay respect to Mateen Cleaves. He gave us the Sparty helmet of the day after the ‘Nova upset. Funny dude.

Wufpacker
    Participant

BSW apparently was honored by being invited to play in the your team didn’t make it but come play a pick up game in Indy NABC Reese’s All-Star Game.

http://www.gopack.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/040315aaa.html

Incidentally, is it just me, or does it appear that Turner (far left) is doing some pretty heavy leering at our good friend Allie LaForce? Good on you BSW, go get her.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Go for it, Ralston!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Can ya’ll believe somebody actually planned a big “birthday party” for 50 plus people tonight starting at 7:00pm with no TV in the building ???

Somebody is probably NOT going to be 100% pleased with me …

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    ancsu87
    Participant

Wisconsin all the way. At least Ryan had the nads to call out UNC-CH and Ole Roy. Used to pull for Duke before K and in his early years. Can’t do it now cause his defensive style (or should I say what he is allowed to teach and they get away with) and the flops are part of what makes NCAA BB suck compared to the NCSU-MD ACCT final style of play.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Anybody but UK for me. I could stomach any of the other three winning it.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Can ya’ll believe somebody actually planned a big “birthday party” for 50 plus people tonight starting at 7:00pm with no TV in the building ???

Somebody is probably NOT going to be 100% pleased with me …

Sadly yes. My extended family is notorious for that kinda irresponsible crapola.

I recently had to contemplate unleashing some rather offensive remarks to get some of them out of the damn house before our S16 game. Fortunately the situation corrected itself and no bridges were burned.

But unrecognizing family types are the worst. These also happen to be walmart Carolina fans, sooooo…yeah.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

thanks for the vote of confidence… Wuf…

Before the tip…

Advantage Coach Rat…

Kersey, Eades and Adams in stripes…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Traditionally…

One team does not “Show Up” out of four…

It does not appear that team will be either Dook or Sparty….

Wulfpack
    Participant

Sparty on fire.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Go Sparty, then GO SHADOW PACK TO SWEET PERFECTION!!

BJD95
    Keymaster

I would not watch a Duke/Wiscy final.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Seven straight stops by Dook..

Tie game… with ten minutes to go…
    Both coaches will play to get to the locker room close if they can…

Plus Frequent and long substitutions … resting the kids for the second half…

Wulfpack
    Participant

Duke kicking it into gear. More talent on the floor.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yeah, one of these days/nights, the fact that Sparty just isn’t very good was gonna catch up with ’em.

Looks like it’ll be tonight.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Sparty absolutely cannot get into an up and down game with Duke. They will lose by 20 if this continues.

BJD95
    Keymaster

They’re gonna lose anyway, might as well go down swingin.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Also, 20 might be a conservative estimate. I’m thinking 30. Shoulda bet this game, damn it.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

you guys are crazy…

10-15 at the most…
    unless it’s a free throw shooting contest at the end…

BJD95
    Keymaster

you guys are crazy…

10-15 at the most…
    unless it’s a free throw shooting contest at the end…

Duke was in the bonus 8 minutes into the contest, and Sparty is already playing their honkies. I don’t recall them playing even when guys started fouling out against Yum!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Winslow on the bench with three fouls…

Wulfpack
    Participant

Looks like Duke is going to roll rather easily in this one. Just more fire power.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Winslow only has 2.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Coach K would NEVER let Winslow get 3 in this stage. He is their best player this tournament.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 300 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.