Fairfield Stags come to Raleigh

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Fairfield Stags come to Raleigh

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

According to current RPI rankings, Fairfield is the best team State will play until Miami on 12/31

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Energize the Fan Base !!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Game almost over and only 2 page thread. That means we’re taking care of business I guess. Fairfield has missed a ton of open shots though.

We’ve definitely improved, but have a long way to go still, in my opinion.

Real season starts December 31st.

Fastback68
    Participant

Fairfield?? Never heard of them. Score?

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

^Energize the Fan Base !!!

How about this….enjoy the stress-free games of December while they last.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

90-65 4:24 left

First meeting between schools

Fastback68
    Participant

Thanks, my phone has been stuck on 65-53 forever.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Come on Pack, hit that century mark!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

enjoy the stress-free games of December while they last

Point made…

I will if I can stay awake…
    Big morning… and I’m used to a Sunday afternoon nap….

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Corch coming in! Yay!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Come on Pack, hit that century mark!

I’ll second that.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ballgame

99-78

Wufpacker
    Participant

So close.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

frikkking losers!

Heelh8r
    Participant

Without Yurt, Rowan, and Kapita, the stress free games were not stress free

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

PACKers and Bears all tied up at 27 with 1:19 to play.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Damn lost my bet on the Packers -5.5… they blew a 27-10 lead. They, too, are frikking losers!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Rodgers throws the 60yd strike on third and eleven..
    Packers with the FG to win and walk off…

Football.

choppack1
    Participant

Listened to game on the radio on the way back from upstate SC.

Sounds like offense was humming when we went inside and out. Sounds like we could have been better on the 3s but we did a great job on the defensive boards.

Overall, more positives to get excited about than negatives to stress over.

Yurt continues to impress as does DSJ. Great interview post game with Terry Henderson.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Yurt was straight facilitating from the elbow this afternoon. It was Fairfield though so I’m trying not to get too hyped.

tractor57
    Participant

I would say the team looked more like a team – maybe due to the competition or maybe due to more time playing together. Offense was much better, defense some better. The rotation was much improved.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Report from the balcony. It looked a little ragged in the first few minutes. Fairfield (is that the name of the “Safe Space” where all the students can go because it is LEVEL and NOT have to listen to “trigger” words) looked pretty good for a few minutes. Their outside shots were falling and we were struggling.

Later on, in comes Y7 and the tone of the game changed. NOW, understand that Henderson was ON FIRE. That puppy was in the groove.

From there is started to look better. The PNC flashed up the stats. Safe Place (Fair FIELD) hit EVERYONE of their first….and SECOND half free throws. They had ONE MORE FT attempts in the first half. NOTE. NCSU had NARY a Whistle or Infraction for over 10 minutes of the FIRST Half….and the “Usual suspects” were on the floor. Abu, Anya and Kapita (what a WONDERFUL name for a Law Firm) played with intensity….but no “whistable” offenses.

HOWEVER, the fly in the ointment was the TURN OVERS. But that was the only downer. We LOOKED like a team. We PLAYED like a team. We actually REBOUNDED like a team….

If you listened to the post game on the radio, Tony had some interesting comments. Fair and Balanced Field (where never is heard a TRIGGER word) put up 42 TREYS….that’s right…..they bombed the PNC worst than what a certain nation did to the USA on 7 December, 1941. Only hit 11 of them.

NCSU put up 25, but 13 (2 MORE) went through the net.

NCSU also did an excellent job of getting Defensive Rebounds (I guess with Abu, Anya, Kapita and Yurlseven – a newly added Jr. Partner), the fearsome foursome grabbed a bunch of errant shots. SO, Safe Space had little opportunity for second shots. THAT was a MAJOR improvement.

The team really looked like a TEAM in the second half. We passed. We assisted. We hit. We defended.

We actually got ONE more FT point than they did. We got 18, but it took 23 attempts. We shot 78%, so that was OK….need to get into the mid 80’s which would have been nice.

Came away with a more positive feeling. Also owe Y7 an apology. HE DID look good and he seems to provide some “continuity”.

Next Thursday, we play McNeese State. NOW, that reminds me of Liver Pudding, for some reason….or for BTOB, Grey, Yogi and the OTHER old codgers here…..LIVER MUSH. It was a staple of my morning breakfasts as sausage and ham and bacon were for SPECIAL occasions as they were REAL meat….not Corn Meal flavored with what came out of the Hog’s intestines. BUT, if you salt and pepper it, it ain’t bad. Sort of an acquired taste…. grew up on that and a toasted Bologna Sandwich….with LOTS of Ketchup for Breakfast. SOME say that impacted my DNA and Mental Prowess….to which I reply….OINKETY OINK OINk OINK….

GOOD JOB by the PACK today…..we GOTT it DONE….

StateRed44
    Participant

Pardon me but Y7 looks like the Real Deal Holyfield with ball in hand. Play him with BJ, he is poor on the drive defense. Let him play the stretch 4 by gosh. Sub in the other 2 as needed. Unnecessary to worry about Abu getting his shots at this point with Dirk Jr in. Dam he’s smooth.

YogiNC
    Participant

Roo, I’ll see those oinks and raise you two. Ivey and Vivian’s baby boy loves liver hash on rice, Yum. I never could acquire a taste for head cheese though but then it might be the name that tripped me up. Speaking of yum, Y7 appears to be “the deal”. Completely different team when he’s in there. GO PACK! And BTW, UNX lost a heart breaker and hopefully the dump on the hump will be even sadder today, lest I digress.

Smarter than the average bear

Pack78
    Participant

Great game reports-thanks…so, I take it that some of you folks (I had liver mush breakfasts as well back in the day) have made the trek over to Tony’s Ice Cream in Uptown Gastonia (native Charlottean, I couldn’t resist). That would be for their famous liver mush sandwich topped off with quite possibly the best chocolate milkshake in the Carolinas?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.