Face It, Archie’s Not Coming Back To State

Home Forums All StateFansNation Face It, Archie’s Not Coming Back To State

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 159 total)
  • Author
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Yes, raw numbers no context.

UNCW plays a high tempo attacking style. Note the high turnover and steal rates on defense. Note the opponent OR% on defense. There are just fewer defensive rebounds to be had.

Are you serious?

freshmanin83
    Participant

Well he ain’t shurley

Adventuroo
    Participant

No ONE showed up at the Bell Tower this morning for the “TCOB” convey to Cary to “take out YOW”. Had the entire rented (and specially painted) Humvees sitting there idling and Campus Security wrote me up for “Obnoxious and onerous” Pollution. Have to get a lawyer.

BUT, I am STILL trying to help the Snowflakes here (a Blizzard….I might add). We will have a “Play Dooh” counseling session late Sunday Evening. You guys pick the place….I’ll bring the Play Dooh and a keg. Will also have paper dolls and such for you to express your inner feelings and perhaps be able to go to work on Monday.

Have contacted Dr. Woodson and asked if he could shell out that BIG bucks (again….he did for the Trump Election) for counselors and also let me use the Student Union. Since this will be a repeat of the same set-up they had there on the days following the November election, the rent should be cheaper…or maybe Free.

If we held this OFF Campus, say on a farm somewhere (anybody volunteer a site in HarnetT county), then we could use full size Yow Targets and you could bring your AR-15’s….then ceremoniously burn the targets and sing Kum By Y’all by the campfire…

I personally AM going to miss the Presser tomorrow as I promised my daughter and GK’s that we would go to the farm and let them shoot up a brick of .22 and let my daughter try out the 9mm that I bought for her….

We need someone to attend…or protest. Contact RevBB for Bull Horn and also “people” rental….PLEASE, no elderly UNC couples that dry hump when you are NOT looking.

Lordy….LORDY.

I’m afraid to even go to PP as they probably have malware ready to infect…

WTNY
    Participant

On a related note, what has happened to SFN?

This used to be a must-visit site.

Now, there is very little content except for a bit of forum traffic.

heavy
    Participant

Sheeple of statefansnation. How dare you question the wisdom of the pig farmer and his mouthpiece. You need to know your place! We can never compete with the blues! You will be happy with the tenth tier hire and not say a god damn word lest you be relegated to snowflakes.

tractor57
    Participant

Over and out – time to put up or shut up. If Keatts can put up I’m all good.
    Growing VERY tired of the constant bitching.

Wolfsrudel
    Participant

I grew up during the Valvano era and witnessed first hand how our coach and program was torn down. I am tired of mediocrity too. When Gottfried ran Bobby Lutz off, he exposed himself as not knowing squat about coaching defense or scouting teams. While Keatts was not my first choice, I had a feeling days ago that he would be the guy. I am willing to give him a chance. When Valvano was introduced, people had some of the same doubts. Now the man is revered in Wolfpack Nation. Three years from now, we may calling for Keatts job, but until then he is the coach of my beloved Wolfpack.

When I think of how this past season started with wins by thin margins over teams that we should have blown out, I believe that Keatts would have out coached Gottfried. Gott was an absolute mess on and off the court. Great coaches can coach young players and have a winning record. Gottfried could not. It was time for a change. I really hope we have found coach that we will want to keep until he retires. We have no choice but to get behind him until he proves himself unworthy of our support. Until then, I will continue to look forward to beating The University of No Classes next year.
    I am just hoping for the best.

GoldenChain
    Participant

Heavy there is an old saying that “money talks and bull sh#t walks”.

Pony up what the pig farmer does and you can equal billing in what happens.

heavy
    Participant

Absolutely. I’ll be a good wuf packer and not question the almighty one…resistance is futile as this board is rife with his mouth pieces.

McCallum
    Participant

A few things to keep in mind:

1) There was only one Valvano. He had the right combination of talent at a specific point in time and achieved something legendary. That 83 run was improbable but he is special because of that and the double tragedy that enveloped him and the program. The betrayal by certain forces inside and outside the institution have enhanced him to Homeric status.

2) I probably should have died in Pennsylvania in July of 1863 but living attached to the past, especially in a Greek tragedy manner is useless. Because Miller wore a State uniform is meaningless but to the attached mind it invokes a link which has no empirical basis for success.

3) Perception is reality. It is doubly important in the minds of the young and impressionable. State has a history of apathy in most sports. The cheap short cuts of the university has turned off the alumni and given the school “also ran” status to the young and impressionable. Reality is perception.

4) Want to see good basketball? Watch the Wisconsin-Villanova game, hard play, good defense and reaching a high level.

Wisconsin would be a sports program to emulate. Small state with limited talent in state but a good series of hires that result in teams that compete at a high level despite talent.

5) Leave Miller be. You can’t always go home and that is a good thing.

6) These spicy noodles are excellent.

McCallum

heavy
    Participant

P.s. another old expression’eat crap: 4 billion flies can’t be wrong’ guess what state is serving up…

GoldenChain
    Participant

Hey heavy, no offense, all I’m saying is in life follow the money.
    I’m not saying its right, just reality. After teh pig farmer there will be someone else.

For 13 1/2 years I was the US Branch Manager for a Muslim/Malaysian company. The Managing Director who hired me said “Brad, there already is world religion: MONEY.”

heavy
    Participant

I hear ya and I apologize to you. You’ve always been a reasonable person and have agreed with many of your posts. I’m just pretty darn disappointed in this. We’ve had a real opportunity here…

GoldenChain
    Participant

Hey let’s just give it a chance Heavy. Honestly as far as college coaching he comes in better than our last two hires for sure. I was hoping for something different but am OK with this. After getting whipped by the tansgens by 50 anything would be an upgrade as long as they had winning college experience and a record of recruiting more players than transferred.

McCallum
    Participant

Wisconsin wins!

McCallum

heavy
    Participant

GC: that’s what has me wrapped around the axle. We’re always in the give it a chance mode rather than the home run hire mode. I’m sure keatts is a good guy but we’ve appeared to strike out a lot to get there. At a minimum: Marshall, miller and wade and that is what is perplexing. We can blame events of 30 years ago and not get out of the past. What is it about state that is nor appealing and what can be done to address it? VT hired buzz, gt got pastner, Virginia got Bennett but we’ve gone further down the list. When A10 coaches are giving you the Heisman I see that as a problem.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

so, are we a football school now?

pakfanistan
    Participant

At a minimum: Marshall, miller and wade and that is what is perplexing.

We struck out once, and that’s Miller. Marshall was always too expensive and Keatts >>> Wade.

McCallum
    Participant

Swimming school.

McCallum

pakfanistan
    Participant

Swimming school.

McCallum

Bass Fishing and rasslin’ school.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

so, are we a football school now?

I’ll answer my own question. No. We are not. We are a swimming and diving school now.

edit omg I’m on the same page as McCallum.. someone help me

heavy
    Participant

Serious question: how did we not strike out on Marshall? Never asked?

pakfanistan
    Participant

Serious question: how did we not strike out on Marshall? Never asked?

That’s my speculation. GM is already in the top 10 highest paid, and he is probably asking for top 3 money, with no guarantee he’d even take it.

McCallum
    Participant

edit omg I’m on the same page as McCallum.. someone help me

You have come far grasshopper.

Now try to take the stone from my hand.

McCallum

Wulfpack
    Participant

Illinois pokes Underwood from Okie State.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 159 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.