ESPN's Chris Fowler Dis of NC State & ACC Football

Home Forums StateFans Football ESPN's Chris Fowler Dis of NC State & ACC Football

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    WolfPackRox
    Participant

Am I the only one who heard Chris Fowler dis the ‘Pack and ACC Football during the FSU-Oregon game? Late 3rd QTR. Don’t bother looking at the ESPN3 online version, they have aleady scrubbed it out. Anybody have an original recording of the game?

-WolfPackRox

PackerInRussia
    Participant

I have a recording. Do you remember approximately how late in the 3rd quarter? I quit watching after Oregon went up a few scores and skipped to the end, so I don’t recall it, but I could go back and check.

WolfPackRox
    Participant

My memory was ,>5min to go in the 3rd, but I had been drinking after watching the Pack smoke Pitt in BB. Fowler basically said ‘no disrespect to the ACC,’ even though he was basically already dissing the conference already by insinuating that FSU was the best they had and they were getting smoked, ‘that’s not NC State’ [down there]! You have to find it!!

-WolfPackRox

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

that’s exactly what he said… and I won’t drinking…

but in the larger context
    ( I believe he was only referring to FSU’s strength of schedule )…
    it was a fair point…

It’s too bad the NOLES didn’t play in Kenan this year…
    ’cause it would have a lot more fun to mention that instead of us…

Nevertheless… We ain’t them DAMN DUCKS…
    not yet anyway…

I don’t recall anything else referring to the ACC in general or us in particular…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wulfpack
    Participant

I heard it and didn’t think it was underhanded.

Wufpacker
    Participant

They were talking about FSU’s habit of digging themselves a hole and then making good on the comeback.
    Used our game as an example.
    He wasn’t dissing us, not intentionally anyway.

packalum44
    Participant

Perfectly acceptable diss though what frustrates me is using a single game to overgeneralize. Most laymen have no concept of normal distribution (or non-normal but not to split hairs). Results in life have expected outcomes (in this case the spread of +7 points), but a wide range of perfectly ‘normal’ outcomes.

Oregon played a perfect game and FSU played poorly. Let them play 7 times and I bet the ranch FSU wins at least once and perhaps 2 or 3 times.

TCU versus Oregon is the game we should have seen but never will.

ncsu_kappa
    Participant

not to throw fuel but in the office last week one of the partners at my firm asked me and several others did we hear the NC State jab on tv. I responded that I heard it (and remembered it through the drinking) so I acknowledge it was a jab. However, I responded to the GA Tech (newly promoted partner) why did he pick on us, they were down more to GA Tech and beat them by almost just as much.

But GA Tech actually has played an impressive season aside from losing to uncheat so that wouldn’t have made his point I guess. I agree with packalum… it was a diss but acceptable given we couldn’t hold Oregon’s jock this year.

redisgood
    Participant

I heard it, and wasn’t too crazy about it. But as long as what he said is true, I can’t get too upset. Hopefully Doeren can change that around in the next few years.

Texpack
    Participant

Chris Fowler’s basic point was that it’s easier to mount a big comeback on NC State than it is on Oregon. All those who disagree with that premise, please message me about some hillside real estate I have for sale here in Houston.

You’d think Al Sharpton was consulting with NC State fans.

BassPacker
    Participant

I heard it and if remember right from the graphic shown on tv when comment was made, NC State was referenced because we had the biggest lead against FSU and still lost… not so much about who we are. Still, with that said, if FSU had played (7 TO) us like they did against Oregon then we would have probably beaten them handily too.

WolfPackRox
    Participant

Thanks for all the good comments. I guess my basic question is ‘why dis a conference that you have such a large TV relationship with in FB and BB?

Texpack, if Fowler had used your logic, he should have dissed Louisville whom FSU came back on from a bigger deficit and whom had already laid an egg in their bowl game against UGA. And if it was a legitimate dis, why did ESPN scrub it from the online replay? hmmmmmm

No Sharpton fan here, he’s a race baiter. When will he ever show (his self-proclaimed) leadership in taking the stand that the family unit (or lack there-off) is a key to success for African Americans who want to get ahead? That’s for a different day and forum…

Thank’s all. I’m over it. I hope the Pack is playing well enough to have GameDay visit for LV or UNC game next season in Raleigh, or @ FSU game. I’ll be down from PA to say Hi to Chris.

-WolfPackRox

Wufpacker
    Participant

They often edit extraneous crap from the online replays to cut down on storage space/bandwidth.

WolfPackRox
    Participant

Or Sr. Broadcaster F-U’s!!

-WolfPackRox

WolfPackRox
    Participant

Well said Packalum44. That FSU-ORG outcome was ‘way out there at the end of the bell curve’ almost 1-sigma from the Standard Deviation mean… 🙂

-WolfPackRox

TheCOWDOG

Just write him a letter. I’m sure he’ll apologise for the offense taken.

Hey, national mention in the 1st playoff game evaah.
    Ya want relevance?

WolfPackRox
    Participant

LOL CowDog! I guess if I had the choice, I would rather it be a good shout-out when the Pack is on the field…

And I tried to find an e-mail for CF but couldn’t…anybody got his cell#?

-WolfPackRox

Wufpacker
    Participant

Or Sr. Broadcaster F-U’s!!

I stand corrected. I’m sure that must be the explanation.
    Just like I’m sure Fowler will value your (what I’m certain will be) constructive comments.

Here’s his twitter…that way we can all enjoy the show.

Chris Fowler @cbfowler

Rick
    Keymaster

Just write him a letter. I’m sure he’ll apologise for the offense taken.

Hey, national mention in the 1st playoff game evaah.
    Ya want relevance?

There is no such thing as bad publicity.

WolfPackRox
    Participant

Remember, as someone aptly pointed out, I’m old… But I will learn how to tweet within the next 48 hours, so we can all see what Mr. Fowler has to say about it – thanks Wufpacker!

-WolfPackRox

WolfPackRox
    Participant

Basspacker, with respect, you would be wrong… Louisville led 21-0 over FSU and the biggest Pack lead was 24-7. 21>17, at least that is what I learned in math at State, albeit a long time ago. That was in fact noted in the graphic that ESPN showed correctly during the FSU-ORG game. No disrespect to you intended, but I have done my research on this one…

-WolfPackRox

BassPacker
    Participant

No problem Rox, thanks for pointing that out. Remembered the graphic with NC State mentioned as made comment, not the actual content. I still believe the game is more noteworthy how bad FSU played opposed to how much better Oregon appeared to be from the lopsided score. If it was a 3 game series, would put my money on FSU.

WolfPackRox
    Participant

WufPacker, props for the tip for an old man… My son helped me tweet and I think CF may now have the message in hand…enjoy
    aka: GlobalCitizen97

-WolfPackRox

Wufpacker
    Participant

WolfPackRox
    Participant

LoL Wufpacker. There were’t too many girlz at State when I was there – definitely not in the Engineering classes. We got to know the insides of Meredith, Peace and St. Mary’s very well to get by…

How do you post a pic instead of the Avatar?

-WolfPackRox

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.