Elite Eight Thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Elite Eight Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

I will obviously be pulling for both Miller lads today, and expecting to be disappointed twice.

Florida has beaten every foe by double digits so far, despite not once playing their A, or even B+ game. That’s a bad omen for the Fightin’ Archies.

After re-reviewing my “Justified” bracket, I may need Arizona to win tonight (in addition to a Shadow Pack championship) to finally win my very large office pool (I’ve worked there since March 2000). So naturally the boring-assed Badgers will dance on. AZ’s short bench gives me pause.

Here’s a fabulous song that makes me want to dance. You will surely hate it:

Wufpacker
    Participant

I can continue to be prideful and pull for my remaining F4 picks (Gators, Wiscy, Sparty), or I can go with ‘legacy’ and give the Miller lads a boost. Since my bracket is now on the verge of shambles (dropped from 2nd to a t6th with last night’s fare) pride is all that’s left.

EDIT/CORRECTION – They must have updated leaderboard late last night. I am not tied for 6th, but have it all to myself now. Woo hoo.

Unfortunately, the elder Miller lad coaches UofA. Go Wiscy (but happy for Sean personally if he notches the win)
    I will be pulling for the younger, however. Would love to see Dayton roll on into Texas and shake things up next weekend.

Still will pull for Sparty over UConn.

Wish both Michigan and Kentucky could lose.

Take this, hipster boy….

BJD95
    Keymaster

Remember, it’s only “hipster tendencies” for me – I don’t have the ironic T-shirts or inflated sense of self-worth to merit full hipster status.

Almost gametime. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst for the Archies.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Yeah I know, I was just messing with ya. Plus I figured you needed a little loud punk in your life (though I actually toned it down some, lol)

Let’s go Archies, trash the rest of my bracket and make me proud.

BJD95
    Keymaster

The murdering looked to be on, but Archies stemmed the bleeding and as we learned last night…even a disastrous start might nonetheless end in victory.

BJD95
    Keymaster

There’s a WWII in Colour marathon if the now-resumed murdering gets too far out of hand.

Or someone just needs to supply more punk videos.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Gators are stout, but Dayton hanging at least thus far.
    As Kentucky proved, keep it close enough and anything can happen.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I already missed the Charlie Sheen Vietnam doc on natgeo again. It was on at noon and I meant to record it but forgot, LOL.

BJD95
    Keymaster

The Pizza Hut wings are legitimately good, FWIW.

Wufpacker
    Participant

More punk you say?

BJD95
    Keymaster

Where has all the Wolfpack people done gone tonight? Saving all their energy for the Shadow Pack tomorrow, I suppose.

Or maybe some people actually have lives and do shit on Saturday night. I pity them.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I do enjoy the shots of Lenny Elmore being annoyed by Reggie Miller.

Next year I propose Larry David to announce with Lenny. My kinda crotchety dream team.

Wufpacker
    Participant

LMAO…that would be awesome.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Just 3 more minutes to survive without a decisive Gator run. Maybe the halftime break would put some pressure on the Gators if still a one possession game.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Just 3 more minutes to survive without a decisive Gator run. Maybe the halftime break would put some pressure on the Gators if still a one possession game.

Update: ruh roh, there be that run.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Your ‘enter’ key sticking?

Wufpacker
    Participant

14-1 run to end the half was not helpful.

TheCOWDOG

I’m gonna go check on him.

🙂

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^^Not at all…

This game should be over after that…

All the GatorHoles need now is play the first four minutes of the second half strong to even and that should finish it off…

^Call 911 … Archie did…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wufpacker
    Participant

He’s straightening up his mess at least. 🙂

TheCOWDOG

But not before I say that if I had 10 unfettered secs at the top of the key…

My old ass woulda hit it too.

BJD95
    Keymaster

LMAO, tis just phone snafu, not a stroke. Unless it’s both??

BJD95
    Keymaster

Right, Dog – either the Archies come out on fire with an immediate run…or this one’s completely over. Hope Sean fares better in the nightcap.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Archie’s almost as tall as Rachel.

Fastback68
    Participant

Is it still halftime? Dayton score? Stuck at swimmeet. CBS scores are slow.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 155 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.