Edsall On His Way Out at Maryland

Home Forums StateFans Football Edsall On His Way Out at Maryland

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant
    tractor57
    Participant

As the Twerps are no longer in the ACC my attention to this is limited. That said we all know a FBS head coach has to perform.

LRM
    Keymaster

This was a disaster hire from the beginning. As I recall, Edsall was a wildly unpopular choice at the time.

But you’ll also remember these idiots wanted Yow gone for trying to replace Freidgen with James Franklin in 2009.

tjfoose1
    Participant

This was a disaster hire from the beginning. As I recall, Edsall was a wildly unpopular choice at the time.

Yep, and he made himself wildly unpopular at UCONN with the way he left. Kinda tough to do considering after taking over for Skip Holtz, he became the winningest coach in their history.

Not a very good ‘people’ person.

BJD95
    Keymaster

How very professional and classy, to announce (or at least confirm) that he’s totes fired, but we ain’t decided exactly how or when he goes.

Then again, it is MARYLAND we talkin’ bout.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I’m sure it’s Yow’s fault, somehow.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Then again, it is MARYLAND we talkin’ bout.

They deserve each other.

Wulfpack
    Participant

As the Twerps are no longer in the ACC my attention to this is limited.

Hey, I don’t give two loads of s*** about Maryland either. But I thought it was interesting. And I really do not care about Edsall. But, serious question, why fire a coach midseason? Heck, Illinois fired theirs a week or so before the season began. Why? Seems more of a reflection of the superiors than anyone else.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Heck, Illinois fired theirs a week or so before the season began. Why?

In Illinois defense, they didn’t have much of a choice. From the outside looking in, they did the right thing if only for legal reasons. Lawsuits and/or settlements would’ve surely followed if they kept the coach. Some probably still are.

Wulfpack
    Participant

^Oh yea, forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder.

tractor57
    Participant

Wulf I’m with you that it is an interesting turn of events. It is that my time available to follow such stories has become much more limited than a couple years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.