ECU

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG

Every picture tells a story. More? Ok. I like the Pirates Down East. Yep, sure do. I do not share a Wolven disgust for where those Purple and Gold pee
    [See the full post at: ECU]

ncsu1987
    Participant

Excellent! Been TOO damned long since we got a good ‘ol fashioned COWDog story in longer form. Can’t wait for the update(s).

Go Pack!

Pack78
    Participant

Remember hearing Randle doing color commentary on college FB broadcasts (circa 80’s?)…seems like he also did UVA games. First time I heard him on the radio, I wondered ‘Who is that country joker?’

NCSU88
    Participant

I remember when the goal posts ended up in the parking lot. Rough night.

PackFamily
    Participant

Thoughts on their QB, Philip Nelson?

Man, I wish this site kept up with content and discussion like it used to. I like it so much more than the other one.

I’ll do my part, if’n it’ll help.

TheCOWDOG

You already did, Pack Family.
    And…3P! I saw ya coming back into the fold, last week.

If it means anything…

“Is it safe?”

Yeah. Hypocrisy on this site has been leveraged. How ’bout that?

Loyalwolfpkfan
    Participant

Hey everyone first time poster long time forum lurker. wondering if anyone had any thoughts about Johnny Frasier and why he isn’t higher up on the depth chart. I don’t think it’s a lack of talent is he just not understanding the playbook or what. It would really suck not to see him live up to his potential considering what a steal he was by state.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

ECTC, EZU, PieRats, no…. ECU… yes?

With respect to the “Title” of this topic…
    I wish to applaud the gentlemen posting for the courtesy and grace that only comes with age, which is not the same as “political correctness”, something I’m sure the gentlemen would avoid in most all cases….

Secondly…
    Mr. Dog states that back in the day…. we “owned them” …

Yes… we did…
    all up and down Fifth Street and elsewhere….

Now… this Saturday is an A##kicking… any way you see it…
    None of their kids could make our squad and everybody’s GOTT something to prove.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    redisgood
    Participant

I’m with Cowdog, I have no idea who wins this one. However, I’m making the drive over to sit in that little visitor’s section in the corner of the upper deck in blazing heat, so I sure hope it’s us. It will be a miserable drive home otherwise.

BOTB, in fact one of their players did sign with us and was a star recruit. James Summers was to be our QB of the future, but after committing to us he decided to go play for the Tarheels. However, grades got in the way and he ended up at a junior college. He’s kind of their version of Jaylen Samuels in that he will line up all over the field on offense. He’s one guy that definitely concerns me this weekend.

One thing I want to see is how Ryan Finley performs under pressure. He got an A+ last week, but I’m not sure that was a fair test. This week will tell us a lot more.

Greywolf
    Participant

Hey everyone first time poster long time forum lurker. wondering if anyone had any thoughts about Johnny Frasier and why he isn’t higher up on the depth chart. I don’t think it’s a lack of talent is he just not understanding the playbook or what. It would really suck not to see him live up to his potential considering what a steal he was by state.

Could be the same type problem that McKever is having — not being a complete player. we had a 5-play package for McKever in the Belk Bowl. Not enough.

I doubt it’s a lack of talent. Is it that Frasier is not blocking or hasn’t learned to block? That limited JaySam’s appearances his freshman year. I heard something about ‘checking his ego at the door’ whatever that means. Thad Moss was a nasty blocker Thursday. He was in on 32 snaps even tho he wasn’t thrown to all that often and even then it was late in the game after the starters had called it a night.

IOW I don’t know why Frasier is not playing more. 🙂

Greywolf
    Participant

Thoughts on their QB, Philip Nelson?

Same as Finley…

One thing I want to see is how Ryan Finley performs under pressure. He got an A+ last week, but I’m not sure that was a fair test. This week will tell us a lot more.

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

For the city boys who don’t know:
    Stiper = striped bass; what we call Rockfish on Gaston and Kerr
    Stripper = what you were originally thinking

Greywolf
    Participant

Man, I wish this site kept up with content and discussion like it used to.

I don’t know… The way it is you only have to check the site once every couple of days. ;-(

Besides who wants to read snappy Wolfpack put-downs, which many posters think is real entertainment. I know I get very tired of them. If I want to read that kind of “humor” I’ll go over to Inside Carolina for it.

Fastback68
    Participant

84 or 85 or 86, can’t remember year due to canadian mist but goal posts were destroyed, fist fights every where on a grassy knoll, fences were shaking and a trooper on a horse took a brown bottle to the head right in front of us. For some reason, that wasn’t just one game.

Need a Fall gun and garden thread on here. The Yankee up the street showed off his backyard pepper garden. Thinly sliced addition to bacon wrapped dove made a welcome difference to the overall flavor.

Headed east to plymouth today for more birds. Will finish up in perfect time to catch the Pack on the radio driving home although first half will be on pirate airwaves.

And no, I don’t imbibe canuck blended whiskey. 30 year drought.

YogiNC
    Participant

Need a Fall gun and garden thread on here

My Carolina Reapers are just coming in. I guess I need to start a thread on garden results. Mine greatly exceeded my expectations.

As for Saturday I’d greatly enjoy a repeat score from last week (in our favor of course). A larger differential would be even more fun. My company is doing survey work before the game and at the half. They won’t let me wear my State shirt. Something about being neutral or other such nonsense. Oh well, they can’t stop me from cheering, LOL.

Smarter than the average bear

choppack1
    Participant

In general, I like ecu fans and respect their program and like that they are totally a “football school”. What I don’t like is that the only time they show up en masse is when they play the larger schools.

Their multiple tearing down of goalposts is unacceptable and let’s be honest, if we ever did that at chapel hill or elsewhere, we would have been kicked out of the conference (and you’d still be hearing about it in the media.)

Another I don’t like is a lot of these folks love their tar heel basketball and the heels in general.

That said, if they don’t fall into the category above, I see the similarities in our values and underdog status even when some of my wolfpack brethren don’t.

Regarding Johnny Frazier – he’s not getting in front of Dayes. I suspect his blocking is behind dakwa and gallaspie. He did look impressive with the ball, but coaches usually have their reasons when they are sitting a talented kid.

PackFamily
    Participant

Loyalwolfpkfan wrote:
    Could be the same type problem that McKever is having — not being a complete player. we had a 5-play package for McKever in the Belk Bowl. Not enough.

I doubt it’s a lack of talent. Is it that Frasier is not blocking or hasn’t learned to block? That limited JaySam’s appearances his freshman year. I heard something about ‘checking his ego at the door’ whatever that means. Thad Moss was a nasty blocker Thursday. He was in on 32 snaps even tho he wasn’t thrown to all that often and even then it was late in the game after the starters had called it a night.

IOW I don’t know why Frasier is not playing more. 🙂

The risk with Frasier is the coaching staff not getting him there. I’ve seen where players like this transfer and blow up elsewhere.

I’m not saying they should coddle him, but they need to get him bought in to everything he has to do win the starting job after Dayes is gone.

PackFamily
    Participant

PackFamily wrote:
    Man, I wish this site kept up with content and discussion like it used to.
    I don’t know… The way it is you only have to check the site once every couple of days. ;-(

Besides who wants to read snappy Wolfpack put-downs, which many posters think is real entertainment. I know I get very tired of them. If I want to read that kind of “humor” I’ll go over to Inside Carolina for it.

Every couple of days? I have been jonesing for content updates about every other minute. And Pack Pride is full of garbage and Carolina obsession.

ryebread
    Participant

If people want more traffic, then just post. 🙂 It’s not up to the moderators/owners/bloggers to generate the discussion. Most of the best discussion that happens here happens after the original blog post.

As for ECU, this is one I’ve had “circled” for months now. If we can’t beat ECU, then I don’t see how we can get to 6 wins given we still have FSU, Clemson, Louisville, ND, Miami and UNC left to play. A team that can’t get it done against a new coaching staff in Greenville isn’t going to get a win against Louisville on the road, or against UNC on the road in a rivalry game.

I don’t care if it’s by a point on a late safety. Just win! 😉

I think we get it done though. My prediction would be State in a tight one by about 3. A key for us will be ensuring balance of run and pass and burning some clock while still going up tempo (I think it’d be very tough to play 5 minutes of defense without subbing or stopping more than 10 seconds between plays). I hope to be pleasantly surprised by our pass defense, but right now I expect ECU to score a lot unless we can generate some pressure.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Their fans are savages. Not the pee in the stands kind but the hit you in the back of the head sucker punch variety. Be careful guys if you make it to the game on Sat.

choppack1
    Participant

Pack family – that’s kind of the way Amato did things. I think DD’s approach is different. My memory isn’t what it used to be – bit I can’t recall the last back to transfer (due to a lack of playing time) and dominate.

Adventuroo
    Participant

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/ncaa-declares-ecu-wideout-trevon-brown-ineligible-for-16-season/15994747/

Did someone call the NCAA and talk to Bill Gutheridge’s Old College Roomie’s SON (or maybe grandson). If you don’t know the origin of that, google some.

Seems like the NCAA is stepping up and making life a bit more challenging for NC….save UNC….

I think that the trip home for the Pack Fans will have a happy trip home….but if we lose, they will have to stock up on booze to make it happy….

Heelh8r
    Participant

I like the Pirates Down East. Yep, sure do.

I’m with you, CD. Some of the best nights I had in Raleigh were when I ended up in Greenville.

ECU has had some quite successful coaches and some big wins. I couldn’t pick the guy they have now out of a line up. I predict they will pay dearly for letting Ruffin go the way they did, and I expect smooth sailing for the Pack on Saturday.

redwolf87
    Participant

I have little use for the place.

Speed in, grab ‘cue at B’s, speed back out as fast as you can.

That’s about it.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Some of the best nights I had in Raleigh were when I ended up in Greenville.

Somewhere on Fifth Street?

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.