Duke's anemic & embarrassing 'support'

Home Forums StateFans Football Duke's anemic & embarrassing 'support'

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

This just drives me crazy that these *ers are able to be good with such bad support and ‘fuhcilities’

YogiNC
    Participant

Set up a basketball court in the middle of the field and I’d bet that place would be full.

Smarter than the average bear

StateFans
    Keymaster

Actually…I don’t think it would be that full. I think the size of Cameron Indoor plays perfectly for them. If it were much bigger they’d be empty

pakfanistan
    Participant

Actually…I don’t think it would be that full. I think the size of Cameron Indoor plays perfectly for them. If it were much bigger they’d be empty

Definitely concur. The limited seating at Cameron probably gives a sense of scarcity and exclusivity that drives ticket sales.

If they played in the ESA RBC PNC, it would be more than twice their current seating, and I doubt they’d sell out like they do now.

Mike
    Participant

Dook is a small school to begin. The student body could not fill WW even as small as it is. They dont attract a lot of local kids, so when they graduate they move back home for jobs (or elsewhere) so they also dont have the alumni base to fill the stadium.

Their best bet is to market to the locals that have no ties to us or UNX, put a quality product on the field and put butts in seats. Groups and kids are the best bet for them to market, hoping the young kids grow up to be fans and continue coming to the games. Even with their “success” the last few years, they just dont have the alumni or fan base to support the football program.

Greywolf
    Participant

^
    Plus they don’t have much of a Walmart fan base either. 😉

When Wallace Wade was built, track was a big influence in the design and lay out. Unfortunately the track around the field pushes the seats away, especially the end zone seats. IMNSHO WW is just not a good place to watch a football game.

TheCOWDOG

I was there Saturday. It wasn’t quite as bad as the pic before kickoff.

I dig watching games there.You hear every pop and pigskin punch.

redcanine
    Participant

^ as it echoes off the aluminum??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.