DOOK on COLD night in the PNC…

Home Forums StateFans Basketball DOOK on COLD night in the PNC…

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Heelh8r
    Participant

Amen on Al Freeman. We need him to win, and tonight he was spot on

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

OK… check this out…

http://www.diddukewin.com/

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    McCallum
    Participant
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^WTF??? Karma killer…

etab4u
    Participant

Well done Pack!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

just for you Bro Mc….

Maybe this will help you find your center…

POP!!!

Zaphod
    Participant

Good day to be a State fan. Ryan Finley confirms the culture that Dave Doeren is building by sticking around, also giving himself a chance to teach as well as perform, and then the big win over Duke. The basketball team is starting to learn to play together. 6 players in double figures…pounding the ball down low. Really good signs…

freshmanin83
    Participant

Did the boys claim the moral victory?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Coach Rat pulled his vaunted MACFiveStar starters and made them watch the last 1/2 minute of the game… That’s a “moral victory” and a buttwhipping by any definition….

Asked and Answered…

POP!!!

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Mrs Wolfanatic kept saying before the game that we would win. I scoffed.. What do I know?.. What a great day to be a Wolfpacker, and Finley is coming back? Can’t remember when I felt THIS good.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Trifecta… Holes LOST too !!!

… and that’s probably why you married her too…

POP!!!

freshmanin83
    Participant

Only got to see the he very tail end of game amazing. Looked good from small sample size.

So after the last game it was said this team was done and might not win a conference game or maybe 1 or 2 the rest of the season so after this last game is it ok to say that the Pack will win the rest of their ACC games? 🙂

PackerInRussia
    Participant

This team doesn’t lose; they’re just really picky about who they beat

Texpack
    Participant

Billy Kilmer looked like Michael Vick tonight!!

Yes he did.

ryebread
    Participant

Great team win tonight. Every player who played contributed tonight, and in a significant way. Tip of the cap to the coaching staff to go from what happened the other night against ND to this. That was quite a gut check and turn around.

I’ve said it all year — Yurt and Nard are playing at a high level. They got to show it tonight against the best interior player I’ve seen in college basketball in some time. Ballet still played a heck of a game but our three big players pretty much played Duke’s two evenly. Once that happened then the game went to the perimeter and Beverly, Batts and Freeman played within themselves. Dorn was better than Allen, which was nice to see.

This is two big wins in year one of KK. There were themes in both of them:
    – Other team not being good defensively
    – Al Freeman driving to the hole
    – Playing inside out
    – Making free throws
    – Hitting the glass hard
    – An opponent that wanted to get out and run
    Play like this and we CAN clearly punch above our weight.

The team can’t rest on this one. They really need a win against Clemson at home. Clemson is currently on top of the ACC standings. We need to win this one because we are going to struggle against UVA.

Great game! Go Pack! Good news for football as well, and always nice to see the Evil Empire lose.

YogiNC
    Participant

Hmmmm, I wonder how much the Troll lost. That was a ball breaker on the Vegas lines. >90 points hung on DOOK? The single letter K was clearly NOT HAPPY. Yep, fun day to be a wolp facker. AND, AND, ANDDDDD UNX looked REALLY bad. To quote the church lady “Isn’t that SPECIAL?”

Smarter than the average bear

Wulfpack
    Participant

Great win. Boy was Yurt a beast.

highstick
    Participant

Four or five years before I ever walked into Reynolds Coliseum, I went to my first ACC Basketball game….

One of my Mom & Dad’s best friends had a son at Duke, he got his POP 2 tickets and his POP, for whatever reason, took me to a Saturday afternoon basketball game in Cameron, back when maybe 4.200 standing was the max…

The opponent that day was the WOLFPACK…

I don’t remember the final score or much else, except that it was a close, hard fought game and I had a great time… and that a few of the names on the floor in blue were Verga, Vacendek and Lewis and in red… Williford and Wells….

———-

In 1972, I moved on down the road from the Sock Capital of the World to Alexander Dorm…
    My best friend from HS, went to Duke…

I was at every NCState basketball in Cameron for the next four years and returned the favor with the corresponding tixs to Reynolds…

So that how it works… that love v. hate thing x time ….

———–

SO we got the Blue Devils coming over on a night when the only thing colder might be our shooting percentage…

Coach Rat’s got his array of MAC-5-Star/oneanddone/freshman who just give him thatWTFlook in practice most days… and we got Keatt’s array of motleys, none of who are fools and… who busttheira##es in both directions, but lately don’t know which way to go…

Could be a barnstormer tonite, or not….

No predictions here…

I just want to see IF our TEAM shows up!

… and if the Devils don’t, we’ll kick their a##es back to West Durham…

POP!!!

I’ve seen Vacendak around town, but don’t know him. I do know Tom Hickman, the recently retired AD that he mentions in the article though. Tom’s a Wake grad. http://www.heraldonline.com/sports/college/big-south/winthrop-university/article68029302.html

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

highstick
    Participant

Cowdog, maybe the “win” was what frozen my water lines last night? AKA “Hell freezing over”?

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

McCallum
    Participant

My center is fine. I’m just not an emotional roller coaster like you ladies.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8XUYZoguhEQ

McCallum

rthomas44
    Participant

Meanwhile… back to the Pack, I hope that all of the Pack faithful will renew their belief in this team. As I have said before, we now have a real coach and the team has the chance to win every time they step on the floor. Believe and enjoy the season.

tractor57
    Participant

I was distracted a bit with well issues. Hopefully no frozen pipes but we will see tomorrow when I prime the pump. Today (Sunday) I ran out of propane. Been a very cold stretch. That said I have not lost my belief but I have not become a homer just yet either. I think a good choice for a coach and I like where he is going. I see some good with the players as well. each year is a learning experience and I like this group a lot.

Texpack
    Participant

I don’t remember the final score or much else, except that it was a close, hard fought game and I had a great time… and that a few of the names on the floor in blue were Verga, Vacendek and Lewis and in red… Williford and Wells….

I’ve seen Vacendak around town, but don’t know him. I do know Tom Hickman, the recently retired AD that he mentions in the article though. Tom’s a Wake grad. http://www.heraldonline.com/sports/college/big-south/winthrop-university/article68029302.html

Saw Bob Verga and Vann Williford as teammates in the original Charlotte Coliseum playing for the Carolina Cougars.

DFMo
    Participant

I’m behind on the forum posts but wanted to share:

Rush the Court

High Fives leaving the Court

PackerInRussia
    Participant

^ Thanks for sharing that. That was fun to watch. Fun game to watch too. Fun for the team more than anyone, though. They may go on and not have a good rest of the season, but they’ll remember this for sure. Good for them.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.