Doeren's 3rd season projected at 10-2

Home Forums StateFans Football Doeren's 3rd season projected at 10-2

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    PackFamily
    Participant

He won’t. Not what they were.

Best scenario for Beamer is that he’s able to scrap together an 8 or 9 win season that wins the Coastal sometime in the next 3-5 years giving him the opportunity to retire on a ‘high’ note.

Otherwise you’re looking at a Bowden situation in Blacksburg.

‘Foose, did we do a mind meld?

PackFamily
    Participant

Those will become increasingly less frequent with the current coach. His coaching style and methodology will eventually keep them at a minimum, if not eliminated.

One trait about CDD that i have found impressive: he seems to focus on the process over just wins and losses. He doesn’t seem to care about (or is not intimidated by) FSU, Clemson, and L’ville. It seems legit with him versus some of the imitators in CFB.

Greywolf
    Participant

he seems to focus on the process over just wins and losses.

Agreed. His and the coaches attention is on basics and fundamentals, not smoke and mirrors.

If I were an opponent on our schedule, I would be afraid, very afraid.

Greywolf
    Participant

are there any surprise contributions coming in at WR / LB / CB or the DL?

Did you forget OL and nickel back? 😉

ncsu_kappa
    Participant

Grey I thought we only lost one or two seniors last year on the O-Line. I know one was Rob Crisp and the other number 74, his mom came out to a came watch this past year. Very cool lady. They are both our tackles so that is a little bit concerning but I remember our lineman actually swapping pretty regularly last year so I have to believe our starters there have experience and are capable.

Our secondary… gives me nightmares / chills / stress induced hair loss and WR’s (yes a year more experienced, new talent coming in, red shirts actually playing) but they consistently were inconsistent minus Bo. So many drives stalled due to dropped passes that were on the money, or that one GA Tech interception and recovered fumble, that should have been a TD. Instead it indirectly led to a pick 6.

I trust DD don’t get me wrong, I’m a believer like most of you. Even despite the 3 win start I never lost faith because he has always found a way to be successful and winning with Mitchell as our qb would be a tall order for a Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, no less a DD.

Brissett is the real deal I just hope our WR’s and defense come to play. I think our O-Line depth is ok… but I could be overlooking transfers / booted off the team

Greywolf
    Participant

I remember our lineman actually swapping pretty regularly last year so I have to believe our starters there have experience and are capable.

There was no “swapping” going on. Barr and Adams alternated at RG. When Thuney went our for 4 games, Barr moved to his guard. When Schooley was injured in UNC game, Barr was out with an injury (or illness.) Adams slide over to center and Andy Jomantas came in at RG.

Jomantas, Crisp and Chandler have graduated creating a talent gap on the OL. Injuries will occur. Hopefully our redshirts will be ready to step up.

The good news is Barr was competing with Chandler (74) for RT throughout fall camp and may have substituted for Chandler — giving him some experience at RT. The problem on the OL is replacing Crisp at LT, LT being crucial in that he protects the QB’s blind side in passing situations. No one subbed for Crisp the entire season as I recall.

At this point the leading candidate is redshirt freshman, Tyler Jones. Hopefully he or someone else will step in and do an adequate job. If we can’t protect our QB, we will have a long season.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.