Doeren signs extension through 2019

Home Forums All StateFansNation Doeren signs extension through 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

Kudos to Athletics Director, Debbie Yow, for proactively keeping Coach Doeren happy. It would have stunk to have done all of the wonderful work of mov
    [See the full post at: Doeren signs extension through 2019]

Greywolf
    Participant

Smart for recruiting. Prospects know the HC they signed with will be at that school for their time of enrollment.

PackFamily
    Participant

Now he will have to handle the expectations that come with the raise. Keeping the staff together is important so i hope that is being addressed along with CDD. I know Canada got a raise, but they also need to focus on guys like Kitchings, etc.

BTW, someone may want to fix the football schedule dates on the right side of the screen. They are all off a week or so, and some are completely wrong. E.g. we play Clemson on Halloween (10/31). It looks like this might be last year’s dates with this year’s games.

ryebread
    Participant

I like DD. I think he’ll be here a while. I think NC State basketball and NC State football are vastly different entities with different expectations. I know that DD is young and has a world of potential.

Having said all of that, I wonder if we’ve not learned something from our contract situation with Gott. Like we did with Gott after year 1, Deb’s signed an extension and raise based on “early returns.” Will we regret this move in a few years? I say the chances are less likely than with Gott, but it still makes one wonder……

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Cool beans. Hope Coach DD is here for a long, successful tenure.

I also wonder if this counts as more ‘negative recruiting’ news for the Frauds.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Doeren turned the season around, delivered a win over our rival in their house, and had one of the best recruiting years in a very long time. That all said, he earned his raise.

State needs to lock down a coach like Doeren if they want to rise above the middle of the pack and rise up to the next level. We’re not a school who’s going to be able to go and grab a Nick Saban or an Urban Meyer and get the instant success that kind of coach brings, simply because we can’t afford it even if we could get them to come here.

So, we need to do it the old-fashioned way: have steady “organic” growth instead of splashing the cash to achieve instant success. Doeren is showing signs he is up to the task, and he’s saying the right things about not wanting to move because he has young kids, etc. So again, his raise makes sense.

13OT
    Participant

If a win in Chapel Hill, on top of an ACC and overall losing record is worth this much, think of how much he can make if State ever breaks .500 in the ACC.

Mind-boggling.

backthebackagain
    Participant

I like DD. I think he’ll be here a while. I think NC State basketball and NC State football are vastly different entities with different expectations. I know that DD is young and has a world of potential.

Having said all of that, I wonder if we’ve not learned something from our contract situation with Gott. Like we did with Gott after year 1, Deb’s signed an extension and raise based on “early returns.” Will we regret this move in a few years? I say the chances are less likely than with Gott, but it still makes one wonder……

I agree with this entire post. I think he is going to be successful but whats the rush to do this contract? He isnt going anywhere and if he has a great year next season and a big boy school still wants him this extension isnt going to matter. Just a bit of odd timing IMO.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

DD’s definitely “over his head” now…

Ha!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    old13
    Participant

I think he is going to be successful but whats the rush to do this contract? He isnt going anywhere and if he has a great year next season and a big boy school still wants him this extension isnt going to matter. Just a bit of odd timing IMO.

Read the last two paragraphs in the article linked below:

http://www.backingthepack.com/nc-state-football/2015/2/20/8078689/dave-doeren-contract-extension-nc-state-football

Coach Abatemarco
    Participant

Great to have him signed with an extension and i think you will see dave play more of the style of offense he wants to run with a strong stable of running backs next year. We are going to pound the ball and open up an opportunistic passing game next year. Should be exciting.

Die hard state fan from the crystal coast!

packalum44
    Participant

“…cementing the Carter-Finley Stadium Complex as one of the finest football facilities in the nation.”

I hope not many actually take this declaration at face value and repeat it. Top 30 perhaps sure…

Tau837
    Participant

^How many football facilities are there in the nation? A lot. Top 30 is one of the finest.

Heelh8r
    Participant

I saw Jamious is already trashing FSU’s facilities and talking up how nice Michigan’s are and how he wished he could have played for Harbourgh. What a dirt bag. I know the capacity of our stadium is not as large as the big timers, but I would think with the indoor opening up our “facilities” are right up there with most. What is included when you talk about facilities and I wonder how ours truly does rank?

MP
    Participant

This appears to put him at the middle of the conference – 8th or 9th highest pay, depending on if Duke has upped Cutcliffe’s salary (same for The Asterisk, although I have a hard time believing they would be anteing up on The Hat right now).

IMO based on potential demonstrated in our late season performance and recruiting success, this is fair. Glad they got this done.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.