Doeren nabs top OT commitment

Home Forums StateFans Football Doeren nabs top OT commitment

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

NC State pulled off a recruiting coup this weekend picking up a commitment late this afternoon from 6-6, 308 pound Burlington Cummings offensive tackl[See the full post at: Doeren nabs top OT commitment]

Pack92
    Participant

Big man, you are FAR more welcome here than you can possibly realize at this point.

Welcome to the Pack Will!

Jediwolf
    Participant

Way to go Will!! Welcome to Wolfpack Nation!!

Pack78
    Participant

Really needed this one…GOOD JOB keeping the Red Light on!

choppack1
    Participant

Nice commitment in an area of need. Great news!

packalum44
    Participant

We need as many warm bodies as possible. Early playing time galore.

blpack
    Participant

Welcome!

blpack
    Participant

Welcome!

tjfoose1
    Participant

ESPN has him as a 4 star, #290 in their top 300. I assume many of you saw the ESPN scroll announcing this during the UMD game.

Greywolf
    Participant

I assume many of you saw the ESPN scroll announcing this during the UMD game.

No, I missed it. If it was in the first half, I probably had my head in my hands.

inhoc…
    Participant

I have the same question regarding the size of the class. How many spots available? I wonder if those who were “no longer on the roster” were quietly ushered out the door? Would hate to think that but perhaps someone who a better grasp on the situation can chime in.

charger17
    Participant

If we’re out of the running for Scott, how’s the visit for Thomas-Williams looking this weekend? Do we have a realistic shot at one of these guys?

packbackr04
    Participant

its my understanding we are at the 25 max (which includes a spot for Shawn Boone) who is holding an ‘announcement’ party at his high school, but has already ‘announced” to our coaches he is committed. So unless, something unforeseen happens, we don’t have space for Thomas-Williams. which makes the Shad issue an even larger one.

FergusWolf
    Participant

I thought it was standard practice to always get too many commitments, because there are a few that will change their mind (or someone with cash will change their mind) at the last second before they actually sign.

FergusWolf
    Participant

According to ESPN recruiting, we currently have 30 players with verbal commitments. 5 4*, 29 3*, and 1 2*.

Deacon Blues
    Participant

^ check ur math

tjfoose1
    Participant

I’m pretty sure if they enroll early (spring), they can count against this year’s numbers.

packbackr04
    Participant

Foose is correct. We had several enroll early (counting ultimately against last yrs #’s) and a few a gray shirting as well, which dont count against this years #’s either.

packbackr04
    Participant

SO to answer Fergus’ question, we technically did “over-recruit” the 25 number

Deacon Blues
    Participant

JIC I am not the only one who knew not what “grey shirting” was, is or could be. From the interwebs:

“Grayshirt is another new term and is applied to the prospect that signs a letter of intent in February, but doesn’t report in the fall with his teammates. He delays entry to college until midyear, i.e. January. That NCAA five-year clock doesn’t start ticking until the player enrolls as a full time student, so gray-shirting is really a delayed version of red-shirting. For Example, Texas Tech, signed 34 players in February 2006, but NCAA rules prevent them from enrolling more than 25 to start the fall. Some of those nine other players gray-shirted during the 2006 fall season. They cannot enroll in college as full time students, can’t receive their scholarship, nor practice. It is like getting an extra year of practice, because most of these players don’t see the game field until two years later and they have the advantage of going through an extra spring practice.”

Apparently we also had some players “Green Shirt” too:
    “Green shirt is a relatively new term and is applied to that high school senior that forgoes his spring semester in high school to enroll in college in January. Green means “go” as in “go early”. More and more you see high school seniors pass up their final semester to get to campus early. If a player (or the college staff), thinks he may be able to play right away as a freshman, it provides him with the opportunity to go through spring practice, learn the system, and get acclimated to being on campus. Obviously that takes some prior planning on the part of the player and his parents to insure he can graduate from high school early.”

tjfoose1
    Participant

Nice, espn. It’s North Carolina STATE!

YogiNC
    Participant

So out of the 7 that enrolled for the spring semester which ones fall into which category?

Smarter than the average bear

YogiNC
    Participant

foose, what are you referring to? oops, never mind.

Smarter than the average bear

StateFans
    Keymaster

Gotta love ESPN

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.