Doeren drawing attention with #Pack14

Home Forums All StateFansNation Doeren drawing attention with #Pack14

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

Signing day will be here tomorrow, but NC State Head Coach Dave Doeren and staff have already succeeded in taking a big step attracting attention and
    [See the full post at: Doeren drawing attention with #Pack14]

PapaWolf
    Participant

When is the last time we had such excitement in football? Very cool.
    However, just like with basketball, it takes a while and multiple, consistent quality, incoming classes to turn a program around.

But improving over 2013 shouldn’t be much of a challenge.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Good recruiting is essential to any program. But strangely enough, my interest in following it has dropped to nearly zero. All too often, the recruiting news turns into “a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing”.

Hopefully, this year’s recruiting will yield more fruit in BB as well as FB.

gumbydammit
    Participant

Heather Dinich once again demonstrates her mental prowess. It’s an easy bet to call us the turn-around team of the year for the ACC upcoming season when we lost every conference game last year. When you’ve hit rock bottom there’s nowhere to go but up.

Greywolf
    Participant

strangely enough, my interest in following it (recruiting) has dropped to nearly zero.

Which should explain why VaWolf82 was the 3rd person commenting on a recruiting thread…
    I think I get what the VaWolf is trying to say but this is more than just about recruiting, it’s also about interest in the Wolfpack football program. Looking at the players who’ve flipped to the Wolfpack it’s hard to deny that ‘something’ is going on with State football besides a good recruiting class.

I’m going on 77 and I don’t have many years left to get excited about Wolfpack football so I’m going to take a chance on getting excited about this recruiting class and the future of NC State football in particular and NC State athletics in general.

GO Pack!

BJD95
    Keymaster

That’s what you’ll likely see this year – proverbial “dead cat bounce.” After all…you can’t fall off the floor.

2015 is when the improved recruiting by the new staff should start to really pay dividends.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Updated as the LOI’s roll in.
    Press conference at 3:30pm

http://www.gopack.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/SigningDay2014.html

maverick_ncsu
    Participant

Love seeing so many NC guys on this list. I don’t have the time at this point to follow recruiting like so many of you do (and thank you for doing it for guys like me), but I like the sound of a 6-3 195lb safety in Pratt. I don’t know how good he will be, but starting off that size before our coaches even have a chance to work with him…I like the thought of a hard-hitting back end to our defense in a couple of years.

Way to go coach!

StateFans
    Keymaster

Sounds Jesse Campbell-ish

Cosmo96
    Participant

Re: The picture at the top of this entry

Whether by necessity or by choice, I admittedly didn’t watch a lot of Pack football this past year, so I’ve never seen those helmets before. Can someone give me the story on those?

44rules
    Participant

Cosmo, I think they were the ones at the UNC-Cheat game debacle.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

tjfoose1
    Participant

After all…you can’t fall off the floor.

But if you could, and NC State fan would experience it sooner or later.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… Does this mean we’re a “Football School” and not a “Basketball School” anymore ???

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Cosmo96
    Participant

Cosmo, I think they were the ones at the UNC-Cheat game debacle.

Ha! That explains why I haven’t seen them. I was 30,000 feet in the air during that game. The only thing I saw was the final score, then proceeded to avoid any and all media coverage of anything for well over a week.

BJD95
    Keymaster

After all…you can’t fall off the floor.

But if you could, and NC State fan would experience it sooner or later.

Yes. Yes we would.

Gowolves
    Participant

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at that statement.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.