Director of Mens Basketball Operations Job Posting

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Director of Mens Basketball Operations Job Posting

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Adventuroo
    Participant

A friend told me about this one….so I finally found it. He just closed a branch of a national PE office and decided NOT to take a position in another state as he loves Raleigh and has family here….GREAT EE with Professional Experience….know anybody that is hiring? In his daily perusal of the job opening in the Triangle….THIS popped up….Unfortunately….he does NOT have the 5 years of experience in a BB operation…

This is Jeff Dunlap’s job. Jeff, if I understand the pecking order and from what he told me in a casual conversation, is actually “one of the Coaches”. He is the ONLY other person in the TO Huddle (the three assistants are there as well as the HC and JEFF). Our “Overpaid and Ancient” Mr. Harrick does NOT get involved in the Huddle….

https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/82559

Don’t know anything else….other than the DATE of 3-7-2017 POSTING date coincides with the Day the “Music” (or the season) died…Just a little “Back room” detail that I found curious and interesting….

The OTHER funny of the day….I got an Email from the Wolfpacker….the title….Curtain Comes Down on Men’s BB…

That is pretty funny….in that it is more like the entire current and all the sets FELL DOWN during the performance (or lack thereof) onto the cast…. Wonder who wrote THAT copy….??

ryebread
    Participant

Roo: I think by NCAA rules Harrick could not coach in the huddle. His role could have no interactive “coaching” with the players. He could merely operate in a function as an adviser to the coach.

Adventuroo
    Participant

I’m not gonna argue. Gottfried is not on GpPack anymore. Rest are.

Pierre makes 33% more than Early. Schroyer makes more than Early.

Early around $300K. Dunlap at $125K.

Beat goes on.

Moxley took huge pay cut….About same as Dunlap

Adventuroo
    Participant

Interesting googling and researching this AM…

Only ONE current Gottfried hire is still on the GoPack official site. 2017/18 season >>>> Orlando Early. Pierre and Schroyer and Moxley are GONE….like the fuzz of a spring dandelion…ACHOO….

Jeff Dunlap and Mark Gottfried were BOTH removed from the 2016/17 site. Wonder if Dunlap resigned or what. Was really a nice guy as I had talked to him in person at his son’s FB games and emailed. BUT, he was a 100% MG person.

It was his position that was posted to the NCSU employment site when I first opened this forum.

Based on what I PERCEIVE to know, then we have the potential for TWO slot changes. Early and Dunlap’s DoBO. These FOUR were the “Huddle” coaches with MG this past season…..unless one of them was doing a “You gotta do this” lecture while the others huddled…

MrPlywood
    Participant

It will be interesting to see what the suits to uniforms ratio is this year.

Adventuroo
    Participant

GOOD POINT. Wonder if Rick Pitino gets suspended if Keatts will hire HIM as a consultant. In fairness, Gottfried DID have a covey of Managers in suits. BUT, in all fairness, he DID have the Trainers and key support personnel at every game. I HOPE we keep Mr. Clean….he is GOOD….but is a Gottfried LA transplant.

It did look like a 12 car pileup when all the “Suits” surrounded the front (court side) of the team and the Managers and players were on the back. If our players were claustrophobic, then THAT could explain their inability to comprehend critiquing and why we failed to defend or make shots and passed the ball to the opposite color jerseys so often.

That may be added to Coach Gottfried’s Top Ten Reason that NCSU failed….

Greywolf
    Participant

I went to a game last year and saw as many suits as I did players. What a zoo!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.