Damn…. it's boring this week…. whats all ya'll up to…

Home Forums All StateFansNation Damn…. it's boring this week…. whats all ya'll up to…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

no roundball….

Uncle Roy falling out again on the sidelines is the most exciting thing I’ve seen or heard this week…
    It ain’t vertigo… it’s these damn kids who won’t listen and do what you tell them to do….
    If the POB’s on the Hole don’t retire the old gentlemen, they’ll kill ’em….

P&C’s report on Monday to Spring training….

WPC ain’t happy ’bout much of anything aat HQs these days…
    glad I didn’t get a Christmas card…

Gonna plant some peas and taters next week…
    but it’s colder than it’s been all Winter this week…

damn global warming…

Astronomers and Physicists are all excited about gravity waves…

Hillary is stealing the primary right before everybody’s eyes…
    Trump is playing the crowd for the fool… and they don’t know it…

Bought some gas for a buck forty one in South Carolina this week…
    Can’t find any good help ’cause everybody GOTT a job where they don’t have to work…
    Obama don’t know sh$t ’bout economics, right?

Holler back….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    tractor57
    Participant

Louisville, hookers and those poor, poor seniors who transferred in for a NCAA run …

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I’ll take hookers for $500 … Alex….

tractor57
    Participant

Apparently so did coach Rick.

BassPacker
    Participant

And its too dang cold to go fishing !!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

well… it is February…
    and the best thing one can say ’bout dat…
    “it’s the shortest month of the year…”

Spring is just around the corner!

Rick
    Keymaster

I have been working on ways to try to offset the obvious talent gap with my girls. I am implementing a full team half court pick to be used at random times. No idea if it will work but I have to get my girls open. I am also trying a triangle and two where the two chase the ball and try to tie it up. I am running out of bullets. But I am really enjoying coaching the girls. 6 or 7 have never played and they are really sweet.

I have grown tired of politics. None of them seem to care about the country they just want to get re-elected. Stick term limits on these guys and I think you would see more get done. On the other hand it seems like the more they do the more they take money out of my pocket so…

Hoping we don’t get ice.

Taking my daughter to a Daddy Daughter dance tonight. And hoping to take her to the Kay Yow game on Sunday. Should be a fun weekend.

I can always spice up the board by starting a Gott argument but some people get riled up about it.

tractor57
    Participant

Meant Pitino not you. Sorry for the confusion.

Rick
    Keymaster

Meant Pitino not you. Sorry for the confusion.

No problem. I will delete that.

tractor57
    Participant

I have respect for what you are doing. Now the “other Coach Rick” not so much.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I made buffalo chili in an effort to give myself something to look forward to and keep my head out of the oven.

And OF COURSE the one day this week I have something to look forward to (Everton with a very winnable match at 10, State a VERY winnable game EVEN FOR US at noon)…I have a full day college visit with the oldest kid.

In…(spits on ground)…Greenville, no less. Fortunately, she has gotten into two other UNC system schools (UNC-G, Western Carolina) and as long as they accept her into the college of music (have to audition because classes start right away, she wants to be a chorus teacher), I am HOPEFUL that EZU remains her 3rd choice. At least, I am almost certain that UNC-G is #1. Those folks are damned impressive, at least the school of music and performing arts. I was blown away last weekend.

FergusWolf
    Participant

BJD,

Let us know how it goes. My daughter (a sophomore now) will be looking for a music program over the next couple of years. Her primary goal is performance, with a fallback of music therapy. She’s auditioning at North Carolina School of the Arts tomorrow for her last 2 years of high school.

Enjoy the visit to pirate land

Pack78
    Participant

^, ^^-A good friend’s son auditioned for and was accepted into the music program at WCU…apparently a strong program and their marching band has been topnotch.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yeah apparently if you want to perform, Western is absolute heaven. Plus, what a calming environment.

The other kid in my car a few minutes ago is looking to do music therapy at App State (my kid’s grades aren’t good enough for Yosef).

My kid camped in Pirate land last summer and loved the people in the music department. She had to admit the town is a dump, though. Hee hee. And I told her no stickers of any kind on my car nor apparel on my body. EVER

FergusWolf
    Participant

we had heard about WCU’s music program and the music therapy program at app state. just now starting to get serious about looking at this kind of stuff, so I appreciate all the help I can get.

David

Fastback68
    Participant

I’ve planted 7,000 loblolly pine seedlings over six weeks and I have 5,000 more being shipped over the next five weeks, I’d swap boring over this personnel hell in a heartbeat. Chester, SC $1.45

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Western’s Music program is topknotch…
    but North Carolina Central is the best in the State for musicians, don’t know about vocalists… and a whole lot closer to those in the Piedmont and Down East…

that said…. part of “one Dad’s program” with his son was to “elevate the quality of his son’s associates and the level of their mischief”… sad to say that didn’t work at WCU..

so if you send your kid there…
    absolutely forbid “camping in the mountains” while they are in school….

F68…
    How do you plant pine trees by hand when the ground is frozen?

Fastback68
    Participant

Day one of the Barret Jackson auction in Scottsdale, a red and white 1961 International Harvester rolled across the block. It was a campus truck for NC State with low miles. IIRC it went for 16k. I would have taken that one home. Most exciting moment of the new year except for yesterday’s antler shed with backwards sticker.

Bill, it takes weeks/months to freeze ground up to a foot in depth. I know you are aware, green thumb. I hit plenty of Quartz on the first strike so I get the same painful sensation as frozen concrete.

Rick
    Keymaster

Just got back from my girls game. They lost the last game 22-6. They won 8-6 this week. The triangle and two drove the other team nuts. They played great. I was proud of them.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

F68 — if I was doing what you’re doing in rocky soil…

forget kicking a shovel… that’s bad on your arches even in good soil…
    I’d get me a small 1.5″-2″ wide drill bit/ auger suitable for dirt and a good cordless drill and bunch of batteries….

Remember… Old men don’t fight fair… Old men fight to win…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

OK !!

Pack wins…
    AND Coach Rick’s Wolfpack Girls first their first game !!!

999 more before Coach Rick gets his place on the front row in the Hall of Fame….

Rick
    Keymaster

OK !!

Pack wins…
    AND Coach Rick’s Wolfpack Girls first their first game !!!

999 more before Coach Rick gets his place on the front row in the Hall of Fame….

Only accolades I care about are with my daughter.;)

And you sang right old men don’t fight fair. I drive the other coach batty by making the game sendek ugly.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Only accolades I care about are with my daughter.;)

… and that’s exactly what gets Coaches in the Hall of Fame…
    now… you know you either have to talk your wife into more babies OR Coach somebody else’s kids…

I drive the other coach batty by making the game sendek ugly.

If you can’t beat ’em straight up…
    Out Smart them….

The NC State Way!

BJD95
    Keymaster

Greenville is still the armpit of the earth. But the music department faculty is very good.

I was very tired (and annoyed at the Everton fixture I had just watched) and fast forwarded a lot, but pleased that Cat put us on his back (carried us in his mouth??) and locked up Lucky 13th for us.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.