Dabo Swinney to Florida?

Home Forums StateFans Football Dabo Swinney to Florida?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

I am very interested in the Florida coaching job for a lot of reasons — one of which is because I think UF along with Texas are two of the most structurally sound to be a power house every year.

Texas did a super last year hiring Charlie Strong. Now it is Florida’s turn.

I watched a video from Sports Illustrated last week that made some interesting points about how ‘wouldn’t’ be getting the Florida job; and the conclusion is that it will be someone with head coaching experience from a pretty solid/established program.

From CoachingSearchTicker:

Clemson: After Clemson’s win over Georgia State, Dabo Swinney was asked about the Florida job again. As part of a long response, Swinney said, according to the Charleston Post & Courier, “I’m not going to stand here and be one of those coaches that goes, ‘I will never leave Clemson.’ That’s not genuine. I have no idea.” He also said it would be very hard to leave and that Clemson is not a stepping-stone job, but dynamics can change.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Very interesting thought.

Word is Mullen and Rich Rod are not candidates.

I would take a run at Chip Kelly and then Bob Stoops. Must be an offensive mind.

Texpack
    Participant

Bob Stoops has almost worn out his welcome in Mobilehoma. That would not surprise me at all.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

I hear Herb Sendek isn’t interested in the job. 😛

highstick
    Participant

Hell, the Gamecocks will pay to keep Dabo at Clempson! The Cocks might lose on Saturday, but it won’t be because of Dabo’s exceptional coaching skills!

You guys don’t understand that “Dabo” is short for “DAnny BOy”, aka Danny Ford! Think about it…

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.