Conflict over drafting Russell Wilson kept Bret Bielema from Dolphins

Home Forums StateFans Football Conflict over drafting Russell Wilson kept Bret Bielema from Dolphins

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    tjfoose1
    Participant

Bielema reportedly told the Dolphins he could win a Super Bowl within five years if he could draft Wilson. 

Bielema got in less than a year what TOB’s stubborn blind devotion to ‘his way’ prevented him from seeing in 4 years.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Guess the Fins now know they got that one wrong.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Hahaha wow. Wilson is some kind of special

tjfoose1
    Participant
    TheCOWDOG

‘foose…And this one’s on me, ’cause you saw it in the wayback too.

Remember when I said he’s gotta give up baseball?

Damn. There wasn’t about 2 people that saw this coming back in 2009ish.

Too bad for moi that I burned so many bridges in the scouting world.

Luuuuke
    Participant

CD don’t know how many times I’ve quoted you to my younger “peeps” that you said Russell would play in the NFL way long before he would make the show in baseball. Guess he’s not only playing but PLAYING in the NFL……

TheCOWDOG

…Thanks Luuuuke.

When I”m right it’s because of peeps I’ve been fortunate enough to have grown up around.

When I’m wrong it’s because I got away from the game plan.

PackFamily
    Participant

Good story, but sounds a little like revisionist history to me… color me skeptical as to the specific details mentioned.

“Victory has a thousand fathers… and defeat is an orphan”

BJD95
    Keymaster

I missed on that one completely. I thought he would be a solid NFL backup, but that’s it. I also thought he was nuts to pass up guaranteed MLB scrilla. Oops.

Mike
    Participant

Go back to the archives – I always said RW had “it” and would be given a shot at the NFL because of “it” but I also said he would never be more than a backup/journeyman because of his height. The example I gave was Flutie. Flutie also had “it” and all the guy ever did was win, no matter where he was. But the NFL? Too short they said and never really gave him a chance. Flutie tore it up in the CFL and when he finally got a shot in the NFL, he led his team to the playoffs, only to be replaced the next year because he was too small.

I am thrilled to see RW doing well and excelling but I just not believe he would be given a fair chance at the next level. Glad I was wrong.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.